• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RE3 - Members Reaction Thread

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Honestly, the jump between Nightmare and Inferno is the smallest jump in difficulty. Inferno is harder for sure, but now that all of the extra enemy locations are known - it makes it just a matter of navigating the new enemy drops. Dodging will be your best friend.

But one thing I like to ensure. That I use my 5th save AFTER the Nemesis Acid Pit battle before his final fight. That last fight is borderline unfair and it is just frustrating having to go through both battles in order to die on the final one.

Yea trust me I learned that lesson from REmake2 Hardcore when I used my 3rd save before G3.

REX

The other Leon
I have finished the game today.

It was like what my wife usually says to me after our late night exercise sessions. “It was good while it lasted, but really that was all?”

Good point though, a short but good game is still better than a long but ****ty one.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
You can save a max of 5 times to get s rank unfortunately :(

So funny story. I can't math.

I started an Inferno run and I feel that I didn't do that bad but I quit and decided to see, just see if it would be possible to get the infinite launcher. To my surprise I haven't gotten a lot of the grindy weapon trophies. Those, along with the Nightmare S I just got (which was in fact a Nightmare as it took me twice as long to beat Final Nemmy as it did before, probably because I screwed myself by going through the game much faster and using less bullets/health items throughout, with a final time of 1:34:00.), will just barely be enough to get the infinite launcher. So I will probably spend this weekend getting the weapon records, go back and do Inferno the cheaty way and close the REmake3 book once and for all (Inferno and Inferno S are the last trophies I need).

D

Deleted member 21244

So funny story. I can't math.

I started an Inferno run and I feel that I didn't do that bad but I quit and decided to see, just see if it would be possible to get the infinite launcher. To my surprise I haven't gotten a lot of the grindy weapon trophies. Those, along with the Nightmare S I just got (which was in fact a Nightmare as it took me twice as long to beat Final Nemmy as it did before, probably because I screwed myself by going through the game much faster and using less bullets/health items throughout, with a final time of 1:34:00.), will just barely be enough to get the infinite launcher. So I will probably spend this weekend getting the weapon records, go back and do Inferno the cheaty way and close the REmake3 book once and for all (Inferno and Inferno S are the last trophies I need).
Yeah i used the rocket launcher too to get the s rank on inferno, after days spend on that nemesis flamethrower battle whitout anything, i needed to get the platinum before ff 7 remake came out, now I'm trying to get ff 7 remake platinum

I will return on re 3 and try to beat nemesis and at least try to finish inferno mode whitout any special item or else and than try to get to s rank, but it will probably be impossible

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Things I learned while playing inferno with the irl:

1. It adds a great level of entertainment with the charred zombie skins and I always laugh at people/things falling.

2. Nemesis Neo dodges (my husband and I got a kick out of that surprise).

3. There's no way in hell I could've beaten inferno, much less with an S, without the irl. I admit it.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, that Rocket Launcher is basically a necessity for the Platinum. Inferno is no joke.

I am so close to the FF7R Platinum now. I just have to beat the game on Hard and beat the secret bosses. Exciting!
I'm at the last level on hard at ff7 remake, i just need this trophy and all of the character outfit for corneo audition
This last trophy is actually the hardest ahahhah

@Rain611 yeah that nemesis dodge was amazing, he actually did one or two time on my first playtroughts on hardcore but on inferno he spawn it every time u use the granade launcher... He actually did this exact same dodge in the original game

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't remember. But I also really didn't like the original and only played it once years ago. And I had never seen it on the remake, probably because I always dodge him or shoot his battery pack thing (?).

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't remember. But I also really didn't like the original and only played it once years ago. And I had never seen it on the remake, probably because I always dodge him or shoot his battery pack thing (?).
Probably, He only do the dodge if you use the grenade launcher on his first form, it happens rarely on hardcore, probably never on assisted and standard, and he do that every time on inferno and probably nightmare

He sometimes do the same if you use the Grenade Launcher in the original game

Just find this video, i remember this scene being on a promotional screenshoot but never actually see this in game, first time

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

After almost two month since the game release, and after having played it more time, i must say this game didn't actually leave anything to me, besides jill and Carlos characters and resistance...
after replaying the original again i now realize how bad this remake actually is, how rushed it is, and how mediocre it is
When i think about it, i actually think at the game that could have been, but nothing more

So i previously rated this game 8 or 8.5 but i now change the vote to a 6.5, maybe a 7

I also change the original re 3 vote from 8 to an 8.5 or 9, even if the story was bad it actually have some great atmosphere, tension and location, something the remake didn't have at all

This video pretty much summarized most of the things i think, and how bad this games is as a remake and as a standalone game

D

Deleted member 21244

In a recent interview Peter fabiano confermed that re 3 will not get any dlc and called it: a finished product
Lol

How disappointing I was expecting more, at least some costume dlc but nothing

I actually begin to think that having a re game evey year is not a good things

Rain611

You can't kill me.
In a recent interview Peter fabiano confermed that re 3 will not get any dlc and called it: a finished product
Lol

How disappointing I was expecting more, at least some costume dlc but nothing

I actually begin to think that having a re game evey year is not a good things

I dont know why you expected any DLC for it when they have released all this extra stuff for Resistance and never even touched R3make. I wasn't expecting any DLC for it, personally. They've chosen Resistance over R3make clearly, but either way I've already deleted both of them lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

I dont know why you expected any DLC for it when they have released all this extra stuff for Resistance and never even touched R3make. I wasn't expecting any DLC for it, personally. They've chosen Resistance over R3make clearly, but either way I've already deleted both of them lol.
Resistance and re 3 where made by two different team, so I was expecting that the other team that worked on re 3 would have released at least a costume dlc or something... They didn't choose re 3 over resistance, it's just that the other team went to work on another project that by rumor is re 4 remake, that's why i think having a re game evey year is not good, because they forget about the previous game as soon as it released since they must work on the next game in order for the schedule to be respected

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Amen 959 - How could they NOT update this game when the Feedback has been overtly negative? How hard is it to add costumes? Sure, a full DLC campaign could take some time - but they should feel like they need to do it for their fan base. Every day, I feel more and more let down by RE3R. I am overly optimistic and I am only giving the game a 7.5 right now! And I loved the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

Amen 959 - How could they NOT update this game when the Feedback has been overtly negative? How hard is it to add costumes? Sure, a full DLC campaign could take some time - but they should feel like they need to do it for their fan base. Every day, I feel more and more let down by RE3R. I am overly optimistic and I am only giving the game a 7.5 right now! And I loved the game.
Loved the game too 2 month ago and i would like to play the game again but i cant turn my head on the disappointment, cut content and rushed development , so that s why i give the game a 7 now...

Also there was no nead of the whole team to make a dlc costume lol its just a costume even a single person could have Done that... They could have also put jill costumes from resistance into re 3...I would also have liked the original soundtrack swap and Albert samurai edge, pretty easy to do since the Albert gun is already in re 2 and re 3 score already existed...

This pretty much confirm my fear that Capcom is now using the series as a simple cash grab more than ever... they make the games in no time with less budget than a main game, than people buy it anyway because it's resident evil and it's a remake so nostalgia play its part in boost selling, after the game is released capcom simply move on the next cash grab game whitout even giving us the time to breath between game release...

I would like to know what they are doing whit re 4 remake but I already know that it will came out whit cut content, we can just dream to have separate ways, assignment ada, the mercenaries, mafia costume, and all other costumes, maybe they will even cut some location like they did whit this game lol

But capcom didn't care since the game will sell anyways

They should learn from ff 7 remake, that was an amazing faithful remake whit everything from the original plus new content... You can't do a good remake in less than 3 years, it will inevitably came out whit cut content, ff 7 took more than 5 years to make and it was just 1/10 of the original game, a trash game would have came out if they decided to make the whole game instead of separate it into part and took all the time needed to make the game good

Also fabiano was very annoying and arrogant in this interview by saying: "Resident Evil 3 its a finished product"
It simply isn't and people and review reaction on the game confirm this, but yet they don't care, they could have at least admitted they re mistake
I would also like someone to ask fabiano why they cut pretty much everything from the game, I would like to see his answer

This re 3 remake in my opinion it's just a dlc of re 2 remake not a real re 3 remake, they should have sell it at a Lower price like uncharted lost legacy, that game was a sort of dlc of uncharted 4 sold separately and was also longer than this re 3... I've also seen dlc far longer than this remake, the Witcher 3 dlc for example are longer than this and have many content and both of them cost 20 dollar...
This re 3 remake is in the end disappointing and a bit outrageous

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I would love to see Mercs in the new engine, that would be amazing. I'm indifferent as to the RE4 remake because, like RE3, I didn't like the game at all so it can only get better for me, even as bad as R3make apparently was to everyone else, I really liked it because I so disliked the original that it was the fresh take I needed to play the game more than once and then forget it ever existed. I'm hoping the RE4 remake does the same.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think M-two will actually do a pretty good job on RE4. One of the biggest issues with RE3 is that they streamlined the game and cut puzzles and exploration which is how RE4 is. The major difference is that RE4 is also a huge game, so the streaming is necessary. With the feedback they received from RE3R, they will surely not make the same "exact" mistakes. Maybe there will be new mistakes, but who knows. haha.

I still can't believe there will be no DLC for RE3R. What a waste.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think M-two will actually do a pretty good job on RE4. One of the biggest issues with RE3 is that they streamlined the game and cut puzzles and exploration which is how RE4 is. The major difference is that RE4 is also a huge game, so the streaming is necessary. With the feedback they received from RE3R, they will surely not make the same "exact" mistakes. Maybe there will be new mistakes, but who knows. haha.

I still can't believe there will be no DLC for RE3R. What a waste.
Well personally i think there is a huge difference between re 3 remake and 4, re 3 is a completely scripted game whit little exploration, re 4 on the other hand is not a scripted game and you can approach the game, enemy and boss in different ways, there are also huge map and exploration, backtracking, you can find treasure secret ecc, there are also many puzzle even if they are easy... Re 3 remake is simply going from point A to B to the next cutscene, enemy don't require that much strategy and bosses are so scripted that you can't really use any different approach than just shooting at them until they die... There are also just two stupid puzzle in the remake... Also maps in the remake are ridiculous compared to the original whit zero interconnection between them... Think if re 4 remake will have zero interconnection between place, you start in the village and after an hour of play and some cutscene you find yourself into the castle and that instead of going into the island, leon find a secret laboratory under the castle called nest 3, and this nest will replace the island from the original lol

I don't really know if they are able to make a remake of 4, re 4 was a revolutionary game so everyone expect high result on a remake of that game, something that an unknown team whit poor passion can't do... Shinji mikami was probably the only one able to make a good re 4 remake, just like he did whit re 1 remake

But I'll try to give them some trust, but if they **** this too than i will really be ****ed off XD

Top Bottom