• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RE3 Remake Review

stephenc384

I was really excited for the remake of Resident Evil 3. The game graphics were ok, but the story wasn't as strong as the original and the remake of Resident Evil 2. To begin with, the biggest let down was the opening. I was really looking forward for seeing Raccoon City burning like in the original. This is where the game should have started. Starting as Carlos in the thick of it would have kicked the story of big time, then switch to Jill leaving her apartment with the nemesis.

Following on from restoring the power to the subway, Capcom should have had a scene when Jill goes back on the train into the city and sets the points to the other track. From here she could have collected a key that opens a room in the clock tower.

After the clocktower they should have redone the water plant and destroyed the nemesis there. Then one final battle with Nicholai in the helicopter. I know this is just a quick type up but I am sure veterans of the series understand what I mean.

Jamesy

Yeah it was a total joke really.

What the **** were capcom thinking cutting out so much content and making the best enemy stalker (nemesis) in the franchise look like a mindless lumbering idiot with only scripted cutscenes. Mr X and Jack Baker hands down were better enemy stalkers than nemesis in the remake.

All that said I suppose re3 is not considered a fan favourite which is why i think capcom, didn’t really care for the remake. RE2 remake was made with love and care because it’s considered one of the best games in the franchise. They will probably put a lot of effort into remaking re4 because it’s quite the possibly the best game in the franchise and if code Veronica was remade it will not be that great because again it’s not considered one of the best re games.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah it was a total joke really.

What the **** were capcom thinking cutting out so much content and making the best enemy stalker (nemesis) in the franchise look like a mindless lumbering idiot with only scripted cutscenes. Mr X and Jack Baker hands down were better enemy stalkers than nemesis in the remake.

All that said I suppose re3 is not considered a fan favourite which is why i think capcom, didn’t really care for the remake. RE2 remake was made with love and care because it’s considered one of the best games in the franchise. They will probably put a lot of effort into remaking re4 because it’s quite the possibly the best game in the franchise and if code Veronica was remade it will not be that great because again it’s not considered one of the best re games.
Actually re 3 and code veronica are considered as two of the best re game in the series, they were highly praised by critic and fan when they came out and are very much loved by fan, they're only fault is to not have high sale number like other game in the series, and capcom just look at his pocket of course

Jamesy

Yeah, just go to anyone's ranking list over at Tiermaker.com and you'll see that OG RE3 and CVX is often listed among the top 3 or top 5.
The point is though is the nemesis is voted the most badass enemy of all time in resident evil. Yet for some reasons capcom decided to be lazy with him in the remake.

D

Deleted member 21244

The point is though is the nemesis is voted the most badass enemy of all time in resident evil. Yet for some reasons capcom decided to be lazy with him in the remake.
True, even people who never played a resident evil game know about the nemesis

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I would have like more of the city to be more open. The subway system really looked like it was going to be a fast travel thing and the city was going to be open world which expands as the game progressed with nemesis taking a mr x style of stalking.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Spikeyroxas You know what I've always wanted them to do for RE3? Show us Jill saving survivors. And not like in a side game, mercenaries kind of way.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want them to turn RE3 into one of the Arkham games with endless side missions but it would've been nice to see Jill take an interest in saving people in the city and trying to bring people back to the subway car with all the zombies in the way.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
@Spikeyroxas You know what I've always wanted them to do for RE3? Show us Jill saving survivors. And not like in a side game, mercenaries kind of way.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want them to turn RE3 into one of the Arkham games with endless side missions but it would've been nice to see Jill take an interest in saving people in the city and trying to bring people back to the subway car with all the zombies in the way.
That would be a good testament to her character as well.

Even slight side questing to find the materials to fix the cable car (like in the original) could be expanded to include side survivors too.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Spikeyroxas Exactly! I feel like there was a missed opportunity in both versions of RE3 to show Jill helping the remaining citizens of the city.

Because honestly, trying to help Dario and teaming up with the enemy for the survivors wasn't enough for me. She's a professional in her own right and that should've been expanded on more in both games instead of showing the UBCS doing all the saving while Jill is essentially knocked down to pawn and sent to grab stuff for transport.

And to add to that, I'm a bit miffed at her interactions with Kendo. He said I've got alternate transport, or whatever, and she was like "OK" and just took him at his word.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
@Spikeyroxas Exactly! I feel like there was a missed opportunity in both versions of RE3 to show Jill helping the remaining citizens of the city.

Because honestly, trying to help Dario and teaming up with the enemy for the survivors wasn't enough for me. She's a professional in her own right and that should've been expanded on more in both games instead of showing the UBCS doing all the saving while Jill is essentially knocked down to pawn and sent to grab stuff for transport.

And to add to that, I'm a bit miffed at her interactions with Kendo. He said I've got alternate transport, or whatever, and she was like "OK" and just took him at his word.
Although I agree in principal with you. You could say her getting things ready for transport was because they already had a carriage full of survivors she was trying to help.

Yeah the kendo thing was kind of weird, especially considering they were close enough to know each other and is revealed she left a note for him in re2 re. She comes off a bit non caring in the remake to him.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Spikeyroxas I was really surprised by their interaction. They spoke like they were close on the one hand but, on the other, no mention of his wife and child or how the rest of his family were doing during recent events. Nothing.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Jill is cold and boring in the remake. She's Jane Valentine, not Jill Valentine.

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom