• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake RE3R Weapons Weapons Weapons

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hi Team!

After finishing the game a fourth time (normal and assisted for you Nightmare weirdos haha) - I think I am ready to discuss the games weapons.

The handgun handles beautifully - I like having to get the upgrades for it to be even more effective. That Red Dot Sight is super relevant for a guy like me. However, I have two questions about the hand gun:

1. Is the Burst Mode Handgun the same as the upgraded version of the regular one? What are the differences?
2. I can't get Nemesis to drop the second drop even on Assisted. So annoying. When is the right time to get him to drop the Moderator? Maybe I am killing him too quickly?

The shotgun is SUPER good after you get the upgrades. Having 6 shells in it is such a necessity. I got the Shotgun Achievements well before any of the others.

The Grenade Launcher is fine. It operates a little slowly, but that is typical. The Mine Rounds are annoying because they're just a gimmick for a boss fight. But I am actively trying to use them through the game until they are gone to get the right amount of Grenade Launcher kills.

The Magnum is.... the Magnum. Too bad you get it so late in the game and can only really waste Nemesis in his last two forms with it. I feel bad wasting the ammo on zombies, Pale Heads, or Hunters. Yikes.

The Assault Rifle is nice and quick - but I feel like Carlos' loadout is a little boring. He should be able to get some other weapon at some point! But that fight with the zombie horde in the hospital is so much fun, I guess I can forgive using the Assault Rifle for so long.

What do y'all think?

D

Deleted member 21244

Hi Team!

After finishing the game a fourth time (normal and assisted for you Nightmare weirdos haha) - I think I am ready to discuss the games weapons.

The handgun handles beautifully - I like having to get the upgrades for it to be even more effective. That Red Dot Sight is super relevant for a guy like me. However, I have two questions about the hand gun:

1. Is the Burst Mode Handgun the same as the upgraded version of the regular one? What are the differences?
2. I can't get Nemesis to drop the second drop even on Assisted. So annoying. When is the right time to get him to drop the Moderator? Maybe I am killing him too quickly?

The shotgun is SUPER good after you get the upgrades. Having 6 shells in it is such a necessity. I got the Shotgun Achievements well before any of the others.

The Grenade Launcher is fine. It operates a little slowly, but that is typical. The Mine Rounds are annoying because they're just a gimmick for a boss fight. But I am actively trying to use them through the game until they are gone to get the right amount of Grenade Launcher kills.

The Magnum is.... the Magnum. Too bad you get it so late in the game and can only really waste Nemesis in his last two forms with it. I feel bad wasting the ammo on zombies, Pale Heads, or Hunters. Yikes.

The Assault Rifle is nice and quick - but I feel like Carlos' loadout is a little boring. He should be able to get some other weapon at some point! But that fight with the zombie horde in the hospital is so much fun, I guess I can forgive using the Assault Rifle for so long.

What do y'all think?
The standard gun shoot single shot if I'm right, while the other you find as soon as jill get up on the ospital can shoot 3 shot in a raw

Probably you down nemesis to early to get the other part
Take a look a this video

I love the weapons in the remake, but i would have liked more weapon for Carlos and a way for jill yo obtain the assault rifle whitout play in assist mode

Regarding the magnum, on nightamre mode is the first weapon you find, you find it in the first save room right after you fin Michail, but I'm still keeping that ammo for nemesis last two battle ahahahah

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Maybe I have to kill him a 3rd time in the Downtown streets. That is what that made it seem like. But I will try as many times as it takes!

D

Deleted member 21244

Maybe I have to kill him a 3rd time in the Downtown streets. That is what that made it seem like. But I will try as many times as it takes!
If you have trouble just trow a granade at him, just one will put nemesis down an assistant, standard and hardcore

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That's what I am doing! I throw a Grenade and get the first case. Later when he shows up I throw a second Grenade and he drops nothing. Maybe you have to do it three times?

D

Deleted member 21244

That's what I am doing! I throw a Grenade and get the first case. Later when he shows up I throw a second Grenade and he drops nothing. Maybe you have to do it three times?
No, you just have to do it later, if you do that frequently nemesis will not drop anything
The first one is when nemesis destroy the wall, after you activate the power
Second time is when nemesis is turning zombie, the same encounter from the demo
Third one is after jill close the gate to save Carlos, you can down him by shooting at the red barrel...
The video i posted before pretty much say when nemesis will drop a case and when i will not

Also he just drop 4 case i think, 2 with handgun part and other 2 whit shotgun shell and flame round, this two are pretty uselles

REX

The other Leon
Is the samurai edge an infinity weapon? Because in RE2R we had two “kind of” samurai edge pistols. The “kendo” one, which was the infinity version, and the non-infinity STARS(Wesker’s, Chris’s and Jill’s) costum ones. Those were cool pistols, I used the Wesker modell a lot instead of the matilda. Which I know is an iconic weapon for Leon I just hate it because its ugly af.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't think it is, because other weapons say infinite in front of them:

• Hot Dogger: A knife that causes enemies to burst into flames (7,200P)
  • Samurai Edge: 9mm handgun that's "excellent across the board" (5,600P)
  • RAI-DEN: A wacky Umbrella energy weapon (12,000P)
  • Infinite MUP Handgun (8,000P)
  • Infinite CQBR Assault Rifle (28,400P)
  • Infinite Rocket Launcher (62,400P)
So it looks like you'll still have to fill it with ammo, but it'll be a better overall handgun than the in game version.

REX

The other Leon
I don't think it is, because other weapons say infinite in front of them:

• Hot Dogger: A knife that causes enemies to burst into flames (7,200P)
  • Samurai Edge: 9mm handgun that's "excellent across the board" (5,600P)
  • RAI-DEN: A wacky Umbrella energy weapon (12,000P)
  • Infinite MUP Handgun (8,000P)
  • Infinite CQBR Assault Rifle (28,400P)
  • Infinite Rocket Launcher (62,400P)
So it looks like you'll still have to fill it with ammo, but it'll be a better overall handgun than the in game version.
Nice. Iam not a big fan of infinite weapons anyway.

Mr.R

I'm using the Samurai Edge and it's not an infinite pistol. The UMP (It was Hunk's handgun in the RE2R) is infinite though. I liked using the SE. The critical rate is almost the same and the SE is stronger (at least it feels stronger to me and I've been exploding a lot of heads with it). The only downside is the clipsize, which is 15, opposed to the 30 something of the upgraded handgun.

REX

The other Leon
I know Iam a wierdo, but I didnt use the extended magazine for the glock because I think its looks so lame with it xD especially since the lesser round capacity wasnt a problem for me at all.

The extra sight is very cool though.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Finally got the Moderator for my handgun yesterday and IMMEDIATELY reloaded the game. I still got the points for completing in Achievement. But there were two big issues:

1. It makes the gun UGLY. I don't mind the look of the extended magazine. But with that AND the Moderator, the thing is an abomination.
2. I was going for my Minimalist run and I cannot justify having a handgun taking up 2 inventory slots.

Has anyone unlocked the Hot Dogger? I might get it for fun after I unlock my last need for the Inferno Run (The how to dodge notebook or whatever) - It sounds fun setting zombies on fire with a knife!

Top Bottom