• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 demo confirmed and first gameplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My collector brain won't let me stop backtracking through the game. I don't even know why I develop all of the photos anymore - when I know the hints they give. But I do! Maybe I will try to do a Platinum run on RE3 Make when it comes out? Who knows how hard it will be even with the dodge mechanic.

D

Deleted member 21244

I watched another Gameplay live stream right now and the game looked beautiful

The graphics is awesome and jill is really well done, so bad ass... It look better thab re 2 in every way, raccoon city is full o little detail

And guess what? Re 3 theme save room is making a return in the remake save room, it's a different version of course but it's more recognizable than the re 2 remake one

I'll upload the stream as soon as it avaliable online

Edit: here it is

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21244

So my brother just texted me a screenshot from an article on pushsquare that apparently spiders have been confirmed and Nemesis has been confirmed to be able to follow you into save rooms.

I don't know how reliable pushsquare is but, if this is true, speedrunners beware.

EDIT: Also confirmed by IGN.
Yeah i read it right now here, the source take it from an Xbox magazine, so probably is reliable

https://www.residentevilproject.com/2020/03/novos-detalhes-sobre-resident-evil-3.html?m=1

Edit: they take all this information from an interview from Xbox official magazine so it's 100% relayable

Last edited by a moderator:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Seems like this was a misconception after all. Nemesis can't follow into safe rooms, the room that he was seen breaking into was only mistaken for a safe room because it contained a typewriter, but not all typewriter rooms are also safe rooms (like the entrace hall in REmake 2's RPD).

Source 1

Source 2

That doesn't necessarily make it less terrifying, though, because now first-time players will always be wondering which of the alleged safe rooms are actually considered safe rooms by the game, and which are fake.

Safe Rooms vs. Fake Rooms? :razz:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Well that's a relief. I was wondering how the hell I was gonna finish the game if he could bust into a save/safe room on me.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've actually never been a fan of not being chased into safe rooms. It just seems like such a cheap compromise for letting Mr. X/Nemesis freely roam and it breaks immersion seeing them stupidly break character at the door and then toying with them knowing you're safe.

I think a better fix would be to put hiding spots in safe rooms, so we actually have to get to the room and then hide without being seen, so they can get confused and walk away.

D

Deleted member 21244

A video of the comparison between the original and the remake whit Peter fabiano commenting it
There are some interesting info

Awebb

I've actually never been a fan of not being chased into safe rooms. It just seems like such a cheap compromise for letting Mr. X/Nemesis freely roam and it breaks immersion seeing them stupidly break character at the door and then toying with them knowing you're safe.

I think a better fix would be to put hiding spots in safe rooms, so we actually have to get to the room and then hide without being seen, so they can get confused and walk away.

I was never a big fan of the "you cannot kill this thing" trope. Nemesis and Mr. X could be downed in both classic games and I really dislike the way RE7 and RE2R handled it.

D

Deleted member 21244

I was never a big fan of the "you cannot kill this thing" trope. Nemesis and Mr. X could be downed in both classic games and I really dislike the way RE7 and RE2R handled it.
The same things happened in resident evil 2 remake abd re 7, you can down both Jack and Mr x and this give you time to run... The only difference is that the map is fully explorable now whitout loading time, so it's obviously more realistic to have them both get up in real time and follow you again... It's pretty realistic

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I personally really love the stalker enemy thing and Nemesis looks like it will prove to be the best of all of them. However, I do have to say that if they continue doing it, it will quickly lose its charm. Hopefully, we will not see it in RE8 unless it is like a one time chase moment or something.

D

Deleted member 21244

That means I have to play more of both games. Thanks for the hint.
In re 2 remake mr x just take ten handguns shot to the head and fall down for sometimes, his coat is bulletproof so just shoot to the head... jack baker take more handgun shoot in re 7, but just shoot for the head he will fall down eventually and will stay down for some times

I hope this will help you

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It is true you can down Mr. X or Jack Baker - but why waste the ammo? Ammo is pretty scarce ESPECIALLY in RE2 Remake unless you are doing some kind of knife/avoidance run.

They are both much slower than your character, so all you have to do is plan your route and go. They won't catch you unless other enemies get in the way. Watch a speed run of RE2 REmake - if you know where to go, the Mr. X chases can be over in 10 to 15 minutes.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It is true you can down Mr. X or Jack Baker - but why waste the ammo? Ammo is pretty scarce ESPECIALLY in RE2 Remake unless you are doing some kind of knife/avoidance run.

They are both much slower than your character, so all you have to do is plan your route and go. They won't catch you unless other enemies get in the way. Watch a speed run of RE2 REmake - if you know where to go, the Mr. X chases can be over in 10 to 15 minutes.

I wouldn't say ammo in Remake 2 is particularly scarce because I never had an issue with it, even on Hardcore (but then again I got my routing down and very rarely had to fight anything that wasn't a boss). That being said, I agree that there really isn't a point to downing X.

There are many places in REmake 2 where you can duck past/around him and end the chase in less than a minute. The great thing about the police station is that there are so many ways to get everywhere that you can generally find your way without ever needing to come within a dangerous distance of Mr X.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I find every encounter with Mr. X in the remake to be fun as hell, because tricking him into going to wrong way is very entertaining. Like Rain said, its very easy to outrun him and since the RPD has so many different ways of getting through you can really make him confused. My favorite thing to do is actually to run up and down the stairs in the main hall while looking back at him. It's so hilarious, like "Haha, too slow, you can't catch me!".

Mr.R

In that regard, I think Jack is actually more troublesome and worthy of a few bullets than Mr.X, especially on Madhouse. Jack can actually run faster than Ethan and when you down him with a few shots, he stays down for a few minutes.

On the other hand, MR.X is slower than your characters and only stays down for 30 seconds. It's not worth (unless you need a quick run in a licker corridor or something. Mr.X is only a problem when you're trying to avoid him AND other enemies, but since I kill anyone I encounter inside the RPD, MR.X mostly chases me through empty corridors, so it's easier.)

I do pop a few shots at him when playing as Ada (if I have any ammo left), but it's just for fun.

Top Bottom