• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident evil 5 remake!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ummm but I never tried to start an argument Nor did I tell you to stop sharing your opiniones, you shared your opinion so I did. Sheesh girl you really need to chill :cool:
XGlr4fw.gif

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that a PS6 generation version of RE5 could work. But the game still looks amazing. Like I said earlier, I think it still looks even better than RE6. But yes, let's be more elaborate and constructive in our comments people! Everyone here is a friend with a different opinion waiting to be had!

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't like the idea of re 5 remake but maybe I already writed this XD but a remake made like shadow of the colossus where they just updated the graphic could actually work... Selling it at 30 dollars... Re engine on re 5 could really make the game cool, but not a remake made from the ground especially if they are going to cut everything like they did whit re 3

It will also became useless if they cut something since i can still play my ps4 version of re 5 on ps5 making the remake the real outdated one and not the definitive Version of the game

Soul Fist

I don't like the idea of re 5 remake but maybe I already writed this XD but a remake made like shadow of the colossus where they just updated the graphic could actually work... Selling it at 30 dollars... Re engine on re 5 could really make the game cool, but not a remake made from the ground especially if they are going to cut everything like they did whit re 3

It will also became useless if they cut something since i can still play my ps4 version of re 5 on ps5 making the remake the real outdated one and not the definitive Version of the game
See? That's the point, I'm afraid they will do RE5 dirty just like they did with RE3. Plus RE5 is not that great either, so making a remake to be even worse? Noooooo

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
See? That's the point, I'm afraid they will do RE5 dirty just like they did with RE3. Plus RE5 is not that great either, so making a remake to be even worse? Noooooo
Whether or not you think a remake is a good idea, it's always fun to theorise and think of ways to make things better, which is one of the many functions of discussion boards.

Making the game darker wouldn't automatically make for a crappy remake - in fact, it would be a vast improvement on what we got in RE5. The decision for half the game to take place in daylight was a deliberate one, as Capcom were ridiculously pushing this as a frightening experience as you couldn't see if the sun was in your eyes, making things scary. Obviously it had the opposite effect and wasn't scary at all, so making things dark would definitely be an improvement.

D

Deleted member 21244

Whether or not you think a remake is a good idea, it's always fun to theorise and think of ways to make things better, which is one of the many functions of discussion boards.

Making the game darker wouldn't automatically make for a crappy remake - in fact, it would be a vast improvement on what we got in RE5. The decision for half the game to take place in daylight was a deliberate one, as Capcom were ridiculously pushing this as a frightening experience as you couldn't see if the sun was in your eyes, making things scary. Obviously it had the opposite effect and wasn't scary at all, so making things dark would definitely be an improvement.
Because they changed the concept after half of development, when the game was announced capcom say that daylight and sun would have had a great impact on the character even on his psiche , he would have bee stressed since since sun in Africa is really hot, a similar mechanic was seen in metal gear solid 4

The first trailer was creepy as hell despite being in daylight

Having half of the game during day wasn't the problem but the problem was fact that they dropped that initial concept for co op and heavy action, and sun nothing more than normal sun whit no side effects

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
What is it with this sudden butthurt over RE3 and certain people being "scarred" over future remakes. The original RE3 wasn't even a big game and the same was clearly true about the remake. Besides, wasn't it said the game was originally developed to be part of RE2? A project like RE4 or any other remake would clearly have a much bigger and more concentrated focus than what happened with RE2/3 which was essentially one project split into 2.

D

Deleted member 21244

What is it with this sudden butthurt over RE3 and certain people being "scarred" over future remakes. The original RE3 wasn't even a big game and the same was clearly true about the remake. Besides, wasn't it said the game was originally developed to be part of RE2? A project like RE4 or any other remake would clearly have a much bigger and more concentrated focus than what happened with RE2/3 which was essentially one project split into 2.
Yeah It was rumored that re 2 and 3 remake where one part of the same package and should have been one game, but nothing is confirmed, could be fake... But by what the remake actually end up could actually be true

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It's the cool thing to do these days. They're scarred over even discussing future remakes because they fear Capcom will drop the ball with them but then put all stock in a newly announced main title game that they already claim to "love".

Not that an RE5 remake is happening, but perfecting the affects of the environments is exactly what Capcom could bring to a remake of the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

It's the cool thing to do these days. They're scarred over even discussing future remakes because they fear Capcom will drop the ball with them but then put all stock in a newly announced main title game and to the point the claim to "love it already".

Not that an RE5 remake is happening, but perfecting the affects of the environments is exactly what Capcom could bring to a remake of the game.
I think everyone is free to be scarred of future remake especially after re 3 remake and if they want they can put love in the new main title
As you are free to feel the opposite

For me there is no problem discussing how a re 5 remake should be, i like to hear theory

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yeah It was rumored that re 2 and 3 remake where one part of the same package and should have been one game, but nothing is confirmed, could be fake... But by what the remake actually end up could actually be true

It definitely seems so considering they weren't faithful enough in either RE3 or Resistance that they packaged them together just to slap a 60 dollar price tag on it. It feels more like a Separate Ways add-on than a from the ground up remake like RE2 did. Though even that game has some things that feel off or rushed, which could be a result of them trying to stick RE3 in it. And considering DuskGolem has said RE4 is a much bigger project that Capcom has been wanting to do, I'm not worried about it being like RE3. Even then, after RE3, you think they'd be suited to make a linear game like RE4.

D

Deleted member 21244

It definitely seems so considering they weren't faithful enough in either RE3 or Resistance that they packaged them together just to slap a 60 dollar price tag on it. It feels more like a Separate Ways add-on than a from the ground up remake like RE2 did. Though even that game has some things that feel off or rushed, which could be a result of them trying to stick RE3 in it. And considering DuskGolem has said RE4 is a much bigger project that Capcom has been wanting to do, I'm not worried about it being like RE3. Even then, after RE3, you think they'd be suited to make a linear game like RE4.
Well what you say make sense, if they are doing it I hope I turn out good, maybe I'll give them some hope

But I still think re 4 was an unnecessary remake, it's still play great on my ps4 and it can still be played on ps5 and Xbox series x due to backwards compatibility , they can't make mistake because if they cut to much things and the game feel rushed and bad compared to the original , nothing will prevent most people to buy the current gen version to play on next gen console

Soul Fist

Because they changed the concept after half of development, when the game was announced capcom say that daylight and sun would have had a great impact on the character even on his psiche , he would have bee stressed since since sun in Africa is really hot, a similar mechanic was seen in metal gear solid 4

The first trailer was creepy as hell despite being in daylight

Having half of the game during day wasn't the problem but the problem was fact that they dropped that initial concept for co op and heavy action, and sun nothing more than normal sun whit no side effects
I was too young to know how to use the Internet at the time so I didn't see the trailer back then. It looks so good and indeed terrifying, I don't think the problem was because of the COOP. Look at the revelations series, they weren't as scary as the solo games obviously but they did just fine!

The only things that may make excited for RE5 Remake are my girls Excella and Sheva tho :)

D

Deleted member 21244

I was too young to know how to use the Internet at the time so I didn't see the trailer back then. It looks so good and indeed terrifying, I don't think the problem was because of the COOP. Look at the revelations series, they weren't as scary as the solo games obviously but they did just fine!

The only things that may make excited for RE5 Remake are my girls Excella and Sheva tho :)
I think they should have stick whit single player in re 5, even first gameplay trailer were better in single compared to the final co op product... The fact is that co op was put at the last time and you can clearly see it by the fact that the partner AI is bad and there are actually few co op moment beside opening door and make Sheva jump ladder, also you can see that Sheva is never even credited by people during cutscene, wesker never even talk to her, Sheva just stand there most of the time while wesker and Chris do the talking, sometimes i even feel Sheva is not part of the story, nobody besides Chris or Josh talk to her... Nothing against Sheva, i like her but they should have just stick to her original concept of being the leader of the African rebels against the bow instead of beign Chris partner something decided very later in development

Instead in revelations 1 and 2 both character feel like protagonist of the story

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The ‘race card’ was played and the game’s story took a bit of a dive because of it... kinda like the current state of affairs in the U.S.

Last edited:

Soul Fist

I think they should have stick whit single player in re 5, even first gameplay trailer were better in single compared to the final co op product... The fact is that co op was put at the last time and you can clearly see it by the fact that the partner AI is bad and there are actually few co op moment beside opening door and make Sheva jump ladder, also you can see that Sheva is never even credited by people during cutscene, wesker never even talk to her, Sheva just stand there most of the time while wesker and Chris do the talking, sometimes i even feel Sheva is not part of the story, nobody besides Chris or Josh talk to her... Nothing against Sheva, i like her but they should have just stick to her original concept of being the leader of the African rebels against the bow instead of beign Chris partner something decided very later in development

Instead in revelations 1 and 2 both character feel like protagonist of the story
Sheva as a character is great, she's very badass and one of my faves. But the game itself is bad, too much of action that make your head spin.

D

Deleted member 21244

The ‘race card’ was played and the game’s story took a bit of a dive because of it... kinda like the current state of the U.S.
Yeah and also because of gear of war release, Capcom see how good gears was received because of its co op and over the top action, and especially how it sold well

Turo602

The King of Kings

I agree. I've always thought of ways they could have made RE5 better, especially based on those early trailers that made it look like a single player experience and had tons of enemies on screen with mechanics and animations that were never in the final game. It seemed like a natural evolution and a more effective version of the horror by swarm idea introduced in RE4.

A hypothetical remake could potentially do this type of horror more effectively since modern consoles should be able to handle lots of enemies on screen at once. Not to mention, enemies could also be a lot more formidable if they completely revamp the enemy A.I. like they did with zombies in RE2, so that enemies don't just run up to you and stop so you can shoot them.

The thing with Resident Evil 5 as well is that I thought it actually had its moments in terms of horror. The Chainsaw Majini for example completely sh*ts on Salvador from RE4. He's a lot more stronger and can take a shotgun blast without falling to the ground to get knifed, and sometimes, he gets back up from death and becomes more erratic. There's even a section where you're forced to split up from your partner to open a door and one of them corners you. Then there's the instakill Reapers who give you limited time to attack and just keep forcing you back while also blinding you. I also thought Lickers were done really effectively here too.

I know Resident Evil 5 is an action game, but I don't think people give it nearly as much credit as it deserves for how it uses horror, especially when so many people still pretend RE4 was a survival horror game. But Capcom has once said that they did genuinely think they were making a horror game with RE5 because they were obviously high on RE4, but a remake could definitely rectify that by giving in to its more survival horror sensibilities.

I also think they could have made the on-rails sections more engaging, which is something RE6 actually did. For example, instead of both characters shooting at the Majini on motorcycles and vehicles, only one should be on the mounted gun and the other driving. The Ndesu fight could have been done on foot with both players needing to scramble so one could distract him while the other shoots his weak point. The lack of engagement in those sections just completely removes any ounce of tension that could have been there by simply giving control to the player and that's the exact potential I see in a remake.

You also mentioned having the game take place at night which I don't think is completely necessary because I think there's an interesting juxtaposition in having a survival horror game set in a hot and sunny setting like Africa with its beautiful vistas and wildlife. Which btw, the lack of wildlife and infected animals is something I've always wanted to see as well. But, I'm kicking myself because you actually reminded me of a shot in one of the trailers that I cannot for the life of me find right now. It had Chris walking in an outdoors setting at night that looked like it could have potentially been the location where you fight the Ndesu, but it struck me as interesting because you can't walk freely in that environment and somehow that shot made it into one of the trailers and is actually what always made me wish we could have fought the Ndesu on foot.

Top Bottom