• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Dead Aim

bruno

Chief Researcher
Did you guys play this game?
I think it is a transition between the old REs and the new ones. It contains zombies and a gameplay similar to RE4.
This game shows that it is possible to have a game in the style of the new RE's but still scary and bringing back the zombies.
The main differences from RE4's gameplay are that in this game, you shoot in first person (instead of over the shoulder), you can dodge and sidewalk.
The inventory system is also crappy. You can store infinite weapons (I mean, all the weapons in the game), health and keys, but you only have 6 slots to keep ammo.
This is much darker than RE4 and spaces are smaller.
I think this game is much more scary than RE4. In fact, i think this was an experiment to test the reaction of players to this new style.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZHnd3bTucU&feature=related

Zombie Enclave

Perhaps so. It must have been a beta for the camera angle of the beta RE4s. Like while you were moving in the betas it would go to a prospective and then while you were aiming it changed to another perspective. Kinda like Dead Aim, right?

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

Dead aim was terrible, it was very slow and clunky and shooting could be inacurate (your shot wouldnt land where you fired) the only plus point of it was the difficulty was insanely hard so you wouldnt be completing it under 5 minutes or your first go....but that doesnt save it from its lack of story, creativity and really bad playability....avoid at all costs unless you absoutley HAVE TO!

Zombie Enclave

Your right.....LEAVE IT ALONE! IT APART OF THE SURVIVOR SERIES!!! LEAVE IT ALONE BEFORE IT'S CONTROLS START KILLING YOU.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I actually like the game, it's fun to play. The biggest problem is that it's very short and the story could be more complete. Although it cannot be compared to the main series, i lke it much better than the outbreaks, for example.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I have played it, and I think it has the same problem as it's predecessor, Survivor...

The voices are questionable, Bruce McGivern's accent sounds so fake and just false...Fong Ling's accent is overdone

Morpheus D. Duvall was the one really cool character in there, his voice was equally fitting too.:) The plot of the game was cool too, and the whole thing with the T/G-Virus was awesome.

All in all it was a great game, few complaints, but I can say that for every RE game.:)

PsychoJill

I picked up this game randomly when it first came out. I was expecting another failure like "Survivor" but i was pleasently surprised. I loved the storyline and the characters, even the graphics were top notch. And i like the fact the game was 3rd person when you were aiming your gun.

It does sorta remind me of RE4, but dead aim is definetly better just shorter.

Trinity

Dead Aim worked for me pretty well,but it took me a while to get used to the 3rd person aiming.

I hated playing with that Chinese chick,she was so annoying.

PsychoJill

Trinity;42704 said:
Dead Aim worked for me pretty well,but it took me a while to get used to the 3rd person aiming.

I hated playing with that Chinese chick,she was so annoying.

Hehe Fong Ling she kinda reminded me of Ada except she didnt kick ass lol.

Rollin6z

It's one of the very few RE games I haven't played. But if I ran across it I'd pick it up for a go. But I'd have to get another PS2 since my PS3 is one of them sh!tty ones without PS2 compatibility or memory slots.

PsychoJill

Rollin6z;42793 said:
It's one of the very few RE games I haven't played. But if I ran across it I'd pick it up for a go. But I'd have to get another PS2 since my PS3 is one of them sh!tty ones without PS2 compatibility or memory slots.

Hmm best advice would be to try and get it off ebay with a ps2 I know dead aim goes dirt cheap now i saw it at gamestop for only $4 the other day.

Top Bottom