• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake resident evil needs to add umbrella soldiers as new enemy types

steelgrim

all the enemies in resident evil so far have been monsters. Yet it would be interesting if umbrella soldiers could be added as new enemy types. All that would be needed is a cover mechanic since the soldiers would have guns. It would add alot of variety to the gameplay if players could fight umbrella soldiers and monsters.

D

Deleted member 21244

all the enemies in resident evil so far have been monsters. Yet it would be interesting if umbrella soldiers could be added as new enemy types. All that would be needed is a cover mechanic since the soldiers would have guns. It would add alot of variety to the gameplay if players could fight umbrella soldiers and monsters.
Umbrella soldier already happear in resident evil operation raccon city and neo umbrella soldier were in resident evil 6
I don't actually like the idea of cover and enemy that shoot in an horror game, but if done correctly maybe adding stealth and the fact that few shoot kill you thab I'm in... But to just shoot people that shoot you like gears of war or re 5 and 6 than hell no

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
giphy.gif

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I actually don’t think it’s a bad idea depending on how they utilize the soldiers. I wouldn’t want it to be just a run and gun scenario but perhaps one where the character is trapped and has limited ammo or no weapons which could make it more intense. If it served a purpose for the story, I’d be fine with this. Kind of like in CVX when Alfred is shooting at you.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - there could be a solid way for them to incorporate soldiers in to the story without being regular enemy types.

For instance:

Scenario A - an area where they are shooting at you and you have to sneak around a maze like area to avoid their gaze.

Scenario B - Virally enhanced soldiers that mutate as they get injured so they become monsters after they receive enough damage. But not like hundreds of em. Like 2 or 3. haha

JuicyBombay

I like the idea! It'll bring a bit of extra suspense to the story. Although it'll be hard to incorporate something like that into any of the RE-Make titles, especially when the game has been already written before us 20yrs ago.

REX

The other Leon
Or it would be cool to have the two factions(zombies/BOW - UBCS mercanaries/umbrella special agents/random gunmans etc.) fight against eachother. With traps and tricks you could play out them against eachother. Than take out the leftovers, the humans with guns or the BOWs.

You know, like it was for a few occasions in The Last of Us Left Behind.

Mr.R

Or it would be cool to have the two factions(zombies/BOW - UBCS mercanaries/umbrella special agents/random gunmans etc.) fight against eachother. With traps and tricks you could play out them against eachother. Than take out the leftovers, the humans with guns or the BOWs.

You know, like it was for a few occasions in The Last of Us Left Behind.

Operation Raccoon City has just that. It's just not that well executed xD

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yeah - there could be a solid way for them to incorporate soldiers in to the story without being regular enemy types.

For instance:

Scenario A - an area where they are shooting at you and you have to sneak around a maze like area to avoid their gaze.

Scenario B - Virally enhanced soldiers that mutate as they get injured so they become monsters after they receive enough damage. But not like hundreds of em. Like 2 or 3. haha

I really love your Scenario A idea. The part in RE6 where Jake and Sherry escaping the lab sort of reminds me of this in a way. Capcom could do something very similar but play up more on the horror and hiding aspects to the gameplay.

Top Bottom