• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Turo602

The King of Kings
The game looks great. I just don't understand why they keep calling this Resident Evil though. It's like a loose adaptation or a horrible fanfic. Like when Michael Bay makes a movie based on a beloved 80s IP but completely alters every aspect of it to appeal to I don't even know who. But like anything else, its existence guarantees it'll have fans. This franchise has really taken a golf club to the head.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
ok, i have seen it and it has my curiosity but i am stunned at what I have just seen with the Re:verse thing. It has given me ORC flashbacks!

Mr.R

Well, for starters, I'm glad the game will be coming to the PS4. It does seems like an competent horror-action game and it looks great. However, if you don't know anything about RE8 and someone shows you the trailer saying "This is the new Van Helsing game" you won't have many reasons to doubt.

I don't know if I'll pick once it's out or wait for a price drop. I won't be preordering, that's for sure. If there's something we should've learned by now it's to not pre-order games without knowing how good it runs. I know Capcom don't normally drop the ball on the performance of its games, but just to be sure. If it's okay and performance is fine, I might think about it. Still doesn't feel like Resident Evil, and if the leaks are right, the story sucks, but if gameplay is fun enough, maybe.

As for that multiplayer game... don't care.

Jamesy

I don’t understand why capcom are making such a huge departure from the resident evil formula though with village?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't know if I'll pick once it's out or wait for a price drop. I won't be preordering, that's for sure. If there's something we should've learned by now it's to not pre-order games without knowing how good it runs. I know Capcom don't normally drop the ball on the performance of its games, but just to be sure. If it's okay and performance is fine, I might think about it. Still doesn't feel like Resident Evil, and if the leaks are right, the story sucks, but if gameplay is fun enough, maybe.

As for that multiplayer game... don't care.

Yeah, I'm gonna skip this one until a price drop. Capcom is always dropping the price of their games like every week and I'm sure I'll be able to find this for like 15 bucks whenever I'm good and ready for it. At this point, I'm more excited for the potential of Revelations 3 and RE4 simply because projects unrelated to the main series seem to be much more consistent with the franchise than whatever the hell Resident Evil 7 and 8 is supposed to be.

As for their cross-gen releases, we saw this with Revelations 2 and the previous gen version was horrible. Broken achievements, long load times that at worst, cut into the timer on the speed run mode, and massive frame drops when entering new areas. I think even Resident Evil 0 got ruined when it got ported to the Switch as well and I don't think they ever fixed it. Instead, they implemented an additional loading indicator just so people don't think the game crashed.

Capcom are massive penny pinchers so I wouldn't put it past them to release a sh*tty last-gen version just to make those sales numbers. For f*ck's sake, they have Resident Evil 7 Chris in that dumb multiplayer mode instead of his Village redesign. Unless they feature both, that just seems extremely cheap.

Jamesy

Yeah, I'm gonna skip this one until a price drop. Capcom is always dropping the price of their games like every week and I'm sure I'll be able to find this for like 15 bucks whenever I'm good and ready for it. At this point, I'm more excited for the potential of Revelations 3 and RE4 simply because projects unrelated to the main series seem to be much more consistent with the franchise than whatever the hell Resident Evil 7 and 8 is supposed to be.

As for their cross-gen releases, we saw this with Revelations 2 and the previous gen version was horrible. Broken achievements, long load times that at worst, cut into the timer on the speed run mode, and massive frame drops when entering new areas. I think even Resident Evil 0 got ruined when it got ported to the Switch as well and I don't think they ever fixed it. Instead, they implemented an additional loading indicator just so people don't think the game crashed.

Capcom are massive penny pinchers so I wouldn't put it past them to release a sh*tty last-gen version just to make those sales numbers. For f*ck's sake, they have Resident Evil 7 Chris in that dumb multiplayer mode instead of his Village redesign. Unless they feature both, that just seems extremely cheap.

They said that on the PS4 version of village you can get a free ps5 digital upgrade to the game.

Whatever the hell that means?

Jamesy

It means that if you buy the PS4 version, you can pop the disc into a PS5 and it'll play the PS5 version without you buying another copy.
Interesting

can you also play it on the ps5 at a later date if you download it onto ps4?

Turo602

The King of Kings
Interesting

can you also play it on the ps5 at a later date if you download it onto ps4?
I have a Series X which does automatically upgrade your games so I'm not entirely sure how that works on Playstation. I'd assume it would through backwards compatibility.

D

Deleted member 21244

They said that on the PS4 version of village you can get a free ps5 digital upgrade to the game.

Whatever the hell that means?
It means rhat if you buy you're ps4 copy of the game you also get the ps5 digital version of village whitout the need to buy another ps5 copy, so you just need to put you're ps4 copy on the ps5 and it will automatically install the ps5 version...

If you have other cross gen game just put you're ps4 copy on the ps5 and the console will automatically install the ps5 version and you can also choose if you want to play ps4 or 5 version

What I saw about village looks great, i tried the demo and it's amazing, level design and art design is probably the best ever seen on a re game and on the re engine, level are "huge" and detailed (the level of the demo had amazing code veronica vibes) graphic is great but it didn't feel like next gen yet, maybe the light and shadows look better than any ps4 game, the demo didn't have ray tracing that will be available on the final product only on next gen consoles , so it will definitely look better than the demo whit ray tracing on and more closer to a next gen experience
But what's important is that puzzle and exploration are back, so no more going from point A to B like re 3 remake

Bit disappointed about reverse look like umbrella corps 2.0, fortunately by the screenshoot, it seems that the graphic is not cell shaded like in the trailer but it look like re 2 and 3 remake... At least they're not selling this as the primary game like they did whit resistance
What's super weird is that verse is in third person while the main game is in first person, they should have made a multiplayer first persone game

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardware

I am hoping re8 gets good reviews when it releases.

that said nothing is guaranteed.
I am pretty sure it will: Capcom is putting a lot of effort into this one. But good reviews don't make a good RE game. RE4 was highly praised and I think it's the least-RE game ever made. It is also the title that sent the series into the identity crisis it is still experiencing to this day (Village is the sequel to RE7, which turned up the way it did because of RE6, which in turn was following the RE4 trend).

Last edited:

Hardware

What I saw about village looks great, i tried the demo and it's amazing, level design and art design is probably the best ever seen on a re game and on the re engine, level are "huge" and detailed (the level of the demo had amazing code veronica vibes) graphic is great but it didn't feel like next gen yet, maybe the light and shadows look better than any ps4 game, the demo didn't have ray tracing that will be available on the final product only on next gen consoles , so it will definitely look better than the demo whit ray tracing on and more closer to a next gen experience
Well, it's a cross-gen game after all: even though the next-gen versions will look better, they cannot push it too far otherwise the old-gen editions will fall behind. Capcom is definitely not going to do the mistake CD Project did with "Cyberpunk 2077".

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
What is this?

Well, this is now officially supernatural horror. The villains of this game are literally vampires that can magically transform their bodies into swarms of bats by their sheer will. No f***ing scientific explanation in the world can justify this as some sort of "virus mutation".

I was thinking of writing a much longer post about my thoughts on this game, but it honestly feels like a waste of time. For the love of god, I cannot comprehend what's going on at Capcom, why didn't they just create a new IP for this? It could've been called "Tomb Escape", "Dark Escape" or simply just "The Village" and it would've worked just fine.

But of course, swarms of gaming journalists and streamers will praise this game as a true RE game simply because it features a creepy mansion. Lol.

Turo602

The King of Kings
What is this?

Well, this is now officially supernatural horror. The villains of this game are literally vampires that can magically transform their bodies into swarms of bats by their sheer will. No f***ing scientific explanation in the world can justify this as some sort of "virus mutation".

I was thinking of writing a much longer post about my thoughts on this game, but it honestly feels like a waste of time. For the love of god, I cannot comprehend what's going on at Capcom, why didn't they just create a new IP for this? It could've been called "Tomb Escape", "Dark Escape" or simply just "The Village" and it would've worked just fine.

But of course, swarms of gaming journalists and streamers will praise this game as a true RE game simply because it features a creepy mansion. Lol.

I know I used Michael Bay as an example earlier. But y'know, that's not good enough. This is literally like when Jon Peters got the rights to make a Superman film and got high and kept trying to force random sh*t that he came across in his daily life into the Superman Lives project like spiders, dinosaurs, ape skulls, and ninjas.

Rather than just using the source material for inspiration, why not literally anything else? It's baffling how so many people can call sh*t like Superman Lives a trainwreck and turn around to stuff like this and think "well this is totally fine for this series."

It says a lot when they remake past entries, release a CGI film, and now a CGI TV Series and it doesn't resemble the modern games at all. WTF is Capcom even doing with this series? The developers can sure as hell make excellent games, it's the main reason I like Capcom, but I want to know who the Jon Peters of this franchise is, who is just constantly throwing sh*t at the wall and coming up with all these stupid ideas for these games.

It lost its soul years ago, but every now and then we get a glimpse of something that resembles the classic games and then we get hit with something else stupid. And I don't just mean this for Resident Evil 7 and Village, this kind of clueless corporate handling of the series has been an issue for a long time, yet like Michael Bay, they keep profiting anyway so who cares, right?

Hardware

What is this?

Yeah, I agree on every bit, but the leaks about witches that could turn into swarms of insects made me weary ever since I read them years ago. Unless they come up with some bullsh*t explanation as in RE7 (which was a southern-gothic ghost story forced into the RE universe), that is. Hallucinations, nightmares, whatever.

I too think Capcom should just create some new IP and leave Resident Evil be Resident Evil, but I remember Shinji Mikami saying in a very old interview that another horror series would be detrimental for RE: I guess because there can be only one horror franchise by Capcom. I think that's as narrow-minded as it gets, but, given how they behaved in the past 20 years, I believe I am pretty spot-on: Capcom doesn't want to risk with new IPs but, at the same time, the people working there need to some fresh air so turning something like RE upside-down is the only viable compromise.

Yeah, critics will say that, but, quite frankly, does anyone listen to them anymore? I stopped listening to gaming journalists the day they said RE4 was the best RE game ever made.

Hardware

It says a lot when they remake past entries, release a CGI film, and now a CGI TV Series and it doesn't resemble the modern games at all. WTF is Capcom even doing with this series? The developers can sure as hell make excellent games, it's the main reason I like Capcom, but I want to know who the Jon Peters of this franchise is, who is just constantly throwing sh*t at the wall and coming up with all these stupid ideas for these games.

I know, right? Even during yesterday's showcase they reminded us of the upcoming CG series, which looks nothing like Village. No consistency whatsoever: if one considers the franchise in its entirety (mainline games+spinoffs+live-action movies+anything else), it's hard to pin down what "Resident Evil" actually is. It used to be pretty simple once. I still look at the videos of 1.5, with its simple b-movie premise, and ask myself "what went wrong?".

D

Deleted member 21244

What is this?

Well, nothing new to the franchise, there are much weird things in resident evil code veronica, 4 5 and 6, and they all have "scientific" explanation, like alexia controlling bugs and transforming her blood into fire, or Simmons transforming his body from human to a t rex to a tiger and human again ecc ecc wesker dodging bullet like neo in matrix, Alex wesker coping her mind into Nathalia corda and creating a virus that react to fear.. So nothing so weird and unexplainable whit science, wanting blood can easy be connected to a virus that increase people appetite for blood like t virus increase people appetite for human flesh, and transforming into bugs and return to human form is the same concept of Simmons transformation and alexia controlling bugs

@Hardware well they revealed only recently to be cross gen, it was developed for next gen the whole time it seems, but I'm not so sure... Maybe theu started developing it for old gen console than decided to switch it to current gen only when they received the Dev kit than the decider to make it cross gen again

Last edited by a moderator:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Just want to vent this out.

In re7 you play as Ethan in first person as to put you in his shoes and experience things as he does. The thing is the story is geared up to be Ethan being his own person and not yourself. I choose Zoey to save instead of Mia because I had no connection to Mia but Zoey was actively trying to help. Obviously I got the bad ending because of this.

By the end of the game you don't really get the full picture of whats going on as ethan is just a civilian who got caught up In a mess.

Now he's going to he a main character in a sequel and apparently still has mutant regenerative powers, and the main characters are referring to him more. This ejects me from Ethans perspective even more so. Unless they give Ethan alot of backstory he will be a forgettable character like how he was in re7. Either way I hope this is his last game, I dont have any connection to him or Mia, or his baby.

Hardware

Well, nothing new to the franchise, there are much weird things in resident evil code veronica, 4 5 and 6, and they all have "scientific" explanation, like alexia controlling bugs and transforming her blood into fire, or Simmons transforming his body from human to a t rex to a tiger and human again ecc ecc.. So nothing so weird and unexplainable whit science, wanting blood can easy be connected to a virus that turn people appetite for blood, and transforming into bugs and return to human form is the same concept of Simmons transformation and alexia controlling bugs

@Hardware well they revealed only recently to be cross gen
Yeah, but who here thinks that 4,5, and 6 were proper RE games?

Alexia doesn't really control bugs in Code: Veronica: there's that weird plant-tentacle thing she is somehow telepathically linked, but you can give stuff like that a pass. As for her blood becoming flammable, I think there's some explanation in the complementary literature, but I believe they were partially inspired by Ripley having acid blood in "Alien Resurrection". Also, there are animals that can either shoot blood (like the Pigmy Short-horned lizard) or secrete explosive\flammable fluids (the Bombardier Beetle). All in all, I don't ask for these games to be 100% realistic (they wouldn't even exist otherwise) and I can accept some stretching of the lore: what we saw in C:V was still within the limits, IMHO.

The rumor of the game being cross-gen has been around for about a year: yesterday they just confirmed it. I honestly wasn't surprised since, given how much talk it got in the previous months, I was almost giving it for a fact.

Top Bottom