• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Save Room Music

mert20004

In your opinion; which game in the series has the best save room music?

Here's a video that includes all of them:

Ann_39

I pick the Save Room theme from RE remake. I actually have the mp3 on my playlist. Secondly, it would have to be the Save theme from RE 2.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I like RE 2 (original) the best and, even though I can't stand Nemesis, I also really like the save music from RE 3.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
It's a hard decision for me, I feel like RE remake's save room music is the best when it comes to presenting the perfect atmosphere of dread lurking around the corner while providing a sense of brief safety. It's very dreamy and mysterious, which fits the game as well.

But if I have to go by pure emotions, I think Code Veronica X's save room music is by far the most beautiful. Its the only save room song in the series that sound distinctly Japanese, and it reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy and tragic anime music. In a way, it sticks out since it's not very traditional RE style. Granted, RE0 echoes Japanese style as well, but not to the same extent.

RE2 and RE3 have very similar save room themes, mainly because of their inclusion of piano strings and similar synthesizers. They're both equally good IMO.

I also want to give a special shoutout to the result theme from Revelations 2, its simply a very good and creepy theme.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I kind of like the one from RE4. Quite soothing.

Remake is a close second.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The original RE2, closely followed by 3. I love how both tracks sound so sad and desperate, perfectly capturing the state the city is in at the time, while still making you happy to hear them because it means you're save... for now.

REmake 2 has a second version of the save room theme that plays when you're looking at the unlocked figurines in the main menu. I like that one too. The one in the game itself, not so much.

Wesker90

Resident Evil 2 sticks out to me as the most epic but the vibe isn't as surreal as Zero or REmake.

Jade Kennedy

For me, it would be "Secure Place" from RE2, "Save Theme" from Resident Evil 4, and "Safe Haven" from Resident Evil Zero. :D

Ikawaru

The OG 1996 RE or Code Veronica.

cvx save room theme

I'll have to agree with this 100%. These are the only two I find myself "looping" in the background as I surf the web.

I just listened to all the save room themes in ALL of the games to try to get a more authentic opinion and yes, no other theme even comes close. The only other one with potential I thought was 'Dead Aim', but it is too brief of a track to say that I downright love it.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Ikawaru I feel like there was another Save Room music thread, maybe before the forum switched to Xenforo, and I'm pretty sure my pick was Dead Aim. That's honestly the main one that stands out to me.

Gosh that was a good game.

Top Bottom