• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Saved game problem

Mobe

Ok, I copied a saved game from a friend. He beat the game under normal difficulty and unlocked almost all the weapons. But when I began a new game under pro difficulty, I couldn't find any of the unlocked weapons neither in my inventory nor in the merchant's shop. I have his previously collected pesetas though...

Can anyone please explain what's going on here? :(

I don't know what version of RE4 this is. It displays a language and PAL/NTSC selection at the beginning.

Neo

Did you copy the system data too? the game needs that as well.

Also all unlockable guns are unavailable on your 1st playthrough, you can only get and use them after you beat the game and start a 2nd playthrough.

Mobe

but I when beat the normal difficulty and started over again on the same difficulty, all the weapons, cash and items were available...

Neo

Mobe;57869 said:
but I when beat the normal difficulty and started over again on the same difficulty, all the weapons, cash and items were available...

Yea like I said, all the weapons become available after you beat the game once and start a new playthrough on the same file.

If you start a new file like you did on Pro, none of the unlockable weapons are available until you beat it.

The System Data File is also needed, this is where info such as Mercenaries Ranks, completion status of the main game and Assignment Ada and such are all saved. So if you don't have it then you have to unlock them all over again.

Mobe

ok, that makes sense, thanks...
but im a little confused here.. beating "separate ways / mercs (5 stars in all 4 rounds with all 5 characters)" will unlock the handcannon / chicago typewriter, right? so it'll be unlocked for both normal and pro? or just normal?

let me phrase the question, how do I play on pro difficulty having the handconnon or the chicago typewriter?

please post a brief instruction, thanks a lot!

Neo

Mobe;57889 said:
but im a little confused here.. beating "separate ways / mercs (5 stars in all 4 rounds with all 5 characters)" will unlock the handcannon / chicago typewriter, right? so it'll be unlocked for both normal and pro? or just normal?
It unlocks it for both.

let me phrase the question, how do I play on pro difficulty having the handconnon or the chicago typewriter?
You have to beat the game on that file to use them.

Hopefully that was brief enough.

Top Bottom