• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story & character ideas for Resident Evil 8?

Who to cast for Resident Evil 8?

• Chris Redfield

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Leon Kennedy

• Claire Redfield

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Sherry Birkin

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Jake Muller

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Barry Burton

• Moira Burton

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Rebecca Chambers

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think my Star Wars reference was pretty tongue in cheek, too. Some things will only be taken seriously if you decide to take them seriously. I was merely responding to the silliness of the topic at hand.

This thing has been blowing out of proportions...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Gosh haha. I can't believe we're discussing the literal meaning of Resident Evil. :lol::lol:

KK - I did know your comment was slightly in jest. However, I myself was being serious purely because I find it overly simplistic that returning to the series roots means that a game takes place in an evil residence. I was just commenting on the irony that something you took to mean that the series was going back to its roots was something that I considered very much the opposite.

I guess to sum it up quickly, Resident Evil (to me) is more than a game taking place in an evil residence. That's one of the many, many reasons I despaired at Resident Evil 7. It took a typical horror movie setting from any generic movie, added a few mutated monsters and slapped the Resident Evil title on it because hey, it takes place in an evil residence. I'm not saying that there weren't some elements of the series in there (though for me, there were few), but it wasn't enough. It just didn't work for me.

To bring this back to RE8 - I really hope Capcom takes stock and thinks about what a true Resident Evil game is by carefully considering the story and the characters they put in there. Then again... I'm not really hopeful. I've been disappointed with the new main series entries for a good while now.

DKSilovetaco911

Begins in the early stages of Wesker upbringing in umbrella, and his introduction to the T-virus. Clips of the training the team underwent to become umbrella operatives. Almost like a nightmare for Chris and jill. And at the end of the game it leads up to the night they were flying and it goes down screen goes black. Lightning a mansion... and jill & Chris screaming for wesker. Opening scene to resident evil 1 plays. Hardcore end music plays role the credits

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Begins in the early stages of Wesker upbringing in umbrella, and his introduction to the T-virus. Clips of the training the team underwent to become umbrella operatives. Almost like a nightmare for Chris and jill. And at the end of the game it leads up to the night they were flying and it goes down screen goes black. Lightning a mansion... and jill & Chris screaming for wesker. Opening scene to resident evil 1 plays. Hardcore end music plays role the credits
I highly doubt that RE8 is going to be a prequel.

D

Deleted member 21244

Since some rumor say that resident evil 8 will take place after resident evil 7 on and island were eveline was created I would really love to see Jill valentine in this environment since we don't see a primary resident evil game whit Jill since re 3...
Yes she was in 5 but she was there for just few minutes, revelations was good but was a a spin-off, so I would love to see her return in 8, maybe alongside his friend Barry...

I would also like a snow environment in 8 like THE THING

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Since some rumor say that resident evil 8 will take place after resident evil 7 on and island were eveline was created I would really love to see Jill valentine in this environment since we don't see a primary resident evil game whit Jill since re 3...
Yes she was in 5 but she was there for just few minutes, revelations was good but was a a spin-off, so I would love to see her return in 8, maybe alongside his friend Barry...

I would also like a snow environment in 8 like THE THING
If we're getting Jill, then we also need her partner to be Leon for once. I've always DREAMED about what their interactions would be like.

D

Deleted member 21244

If we're getting Jill, then we also need her partner to be Leon for once. I've always DREAMED about what their interactions would be like.
Why not? I would love to see them

maybe someday they can make a good survival horror resident evil game in wich you play as the four main resident evil protagonist: Jill, Chris, Leon and Claire... And they interact whit each other

If done correctly it could be awesome

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I expect for RE8 that they will continue the same kind of theme from RE7, and I think it will have a similar progression to RE1-RE2 i.e. a bigger city-like setting, more enemies (hopefully) and more of a deep dive into the company that Mia worked for. It'll probably stay first person for the next couple of games as well.

I think that they might use a main character that we have seen before, hopefully Jill if they do, but another part of me thinks that Capcom will see the new numbered games as a way to move on from the earlier games by using all new protagonists. Even though the RE fanbase had very mixed reviews when it came to Ethan and Mia, I think the majority of newcomers and casual fans who enjoyed the game didn't really care about who the characters were, as long as it was a solid horror game and that is probably what Capcom will take into consideration. They know that they will keep us happy with the inevitable RE3 remake and I expect we will get a cameo even if they aren't the protagonist.

One of the main that I need to change from RE7 is Chris's model if he comes back in RE8. I's just so bad I can't get over it, and we've seen how they can find fairly similar models to the characters when we look at Claire and Leon in RE2. I also never want to see Mia or Ethan ever again... I might be ok with Zoe.

D

Deleted member 21244

I expect for RE8 that they will continue the same kind of theme from RE7, and I think it will have a similar progression to RE1-RE2 i.e. a bigger city-like setting, more enemies (hopefully) and more of a deep dive into the company that Mia worked for. It'll probably stay first person for the next couple of games as well.

I think that they might use a main character that we have seen before, hopefully Jill if they do, but another part of me thinks that Capcom will see the new numbered games as a way to move on from the earlier games by using all new protagonists. Even though the RE fanbase had very mixed reviews when it came to Ethan and Mia, I think the majority of newcomers and casual fans who enjoyed the game didn't really care about who the characters were, as long as it was a solid horror game and that is probably what Capcom will take into consideration. They know that they will keep us happy with the inevitable RE3 remake and I expect we will get a cameo even if they aren't the protagonist.

One of the main that I need to change from RE7 is Chris's model if he comes back in RE8. I's just so bad I can't get over it, and we've seen how they can find fairly similar models to the characters when we look at Claire and Leon in RE2. I also never want to see Mia or Ethan ever again... I might be ok with Zoe.
I liked Chris new model, I don't understand why everyone hate him, he Is more faithful to the original Chris appearance in resident evil 1 and code veronica, umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles, while it was re 5 who change him drastically and its not actually faithful to the original appearance...

Just look at him, it's faithful to Chris redfield

fzwesgf2p4911.png

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I liked Chris new model, I don't understand why everyone hate him, he Is more faithful to the original Chris appearance in resident evil 1 and code veronica, umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles, while it was re 5 who change him drastically and its not actually faithful to the original appearance...

Just look at him, it's faithful to Chris redfield

I think up until RE7 there is a progression which makes sense to me. He does look different in RE5 but so does the whole rest of his body, I think bulking up like that would've changed a lot in the structure of his face but beyond that, I think RE5 Chris resembles REmake Chris much more than his RE7 version. You also have to take into consideration that he should've aged about 20 years between those pictures and it just doesn't look like he has.

Anyway, even if they took his model from REmake and did a very similar version in the new games it would still feel like they were ignoring almost 20 years of character growth/progression just to make him look fresh.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think up until RE7 there is a progression which makes sense to me. He does look different in RE5 but so does the whole rest of his body, I think bulking up like that would've changed a lot in the structure of his face but beyond that, I think RE5 Chris resembles REmake Chris much more than his RE7 version. You also have to take into consideration that he should've aged about 20 years between those pictures and it just doesn't look like he has.

Anyway, even if they took his model from REmake and did a very similar version in the new games it would still feel like they were ignoring almost 20 years of character growth/progression just to make him look fresh.
I personally like every Chris appearance, but in my opinion re 7 did a good job in bring old Chris back and give him a more realistic change...

Also leon and Claire from re 2 does look the original counterpart because of hair ecc but they are completely different form their original version especially claire who doesn't look like claire from re 2, code veronica degeneration and revelations 2
Her face is completely different but I like her more now, the actress is beautiful...
Leon is also different but look like leon...

The same thing happened to Chris in my opinion

D

Deleted member 21244

People got to stop saying RE5 Chris doesn't look like REmake Chris when he's based on the same exact character model.
mPXPHdo.jpg

And LMAO! No, "Redfield" doesn't look like him.
4qLMVu6.jpg
Yeah you are right resident evil 5 Chris is the same from remake, but I think the resident evil 7 one also resemble Chris, and I like him very much

Last edited by a moderator:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'd like to see a continuation of the revelations 2 storyline and re6 secret ending.

I would imagine characters involved would be Chris, Claire, Jill, Moria, Barry, Alex/Natalia and Jake.

The story would be based on Alex's growing Influence on Natalia and continuing the carnage the leftover Bows created from Re6.

The reason so many cast members return will be due to something happening with Barry as they characters (aside from Jake) have a connection with him.

Reactions: Jen

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think RE8 will continue to give us the creep factor from RE7 - but I heard a rumor saying it was going back to third person which I would really appreciate. They will most likely continue the story in RE7 but add familiar characters back in. I would appreciate Jill being the main character. I would also really appreciate having two main characters with different stories A LA RE1 and RE2.

If they continue the Natalya story (which they SHOULD), I would expect it to be in Revelations 3.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I think RE8 will continue to give us the creep factor from RE7 - but I heard a rumor saying it was going back to third person which I would really appreciate. They will most likely continue the story in RE7 but add familiar characters back in. I would appreciate Jill being the main character. I would also really appreciate having two main characters with different stories A LA RE1 and RE2.

If they continue the Natalya story (which they SHOULD), I would expect it to be in Revelations 3.
For me, that would be ideal. If we can take the horror element of RE7 forward, and mix it with a third-person perspective and characters from the main series, that would be a much better Resident Evil game for me. I also agree that it's definitely time for Jill to return again - and I'm saying that as someone who isn't the biggest Jill fan. But I take all rumours with a pinch of salt until we see something concrete.

Revelations 3 needs to happen to continue that storyline. I really hope they make it and finish what they started.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah there was a rumor that Capcom is currently choosing between first and third person for re 8...
I hope they put re 8 in first person and re 3 remake in third persone, if they wanted to change first person so soon then they should not have put first person in 7, so I think they should continue whit this camera angle for some of the next main installment

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Now, I did end up enjoying the first person in RE7 more than I thought I would. But I do hope it is third person with the same elements of horror from RE7. I think RE7 had that VR gimmick because it was trying to capitalize on the trend. At least give us the option to switch between first and third person views! I mean, PS1 games could do that - so modern games should be able to.

D

Deleted member 21244

Now, I did end up enjoying the first person in RE7 more than I thought I would. But I do hope it is third person with the same elements of horror from RE7. I think RE7 had that VR gimmick because it was trying to capitalize on the trend. At least give us the option to switch between first and third person views! I mean, PS1 games could do that - so modern games should be able to.
I don't know if I would really like it, I think they should put only one camera

Top Bottom