• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The hardest RE mode in all of the RE series

extravagant

RULES

~ You cannot make a judgement based on your "witnessing" of watching Let's Plays / Walk Throughs. This does not count because "watching" someone play the hardest difficulty is different than actually experiencing or playing it yourself.

~ I know RE 0,1,2,3, REmake, and CV are different from RE 4,5, Revelations, 6... so we will have to weigh the contrasting differences based on other things such as mechanics, easiness, gameplay, puzzles, bosses, enemies, etc....

For example; REmake is the hardest in the RE series because of Invisible Enemy Mode or Real Survival Mode, mastery of tank controls is required, avoiding zombie in narrow hallways of the mansion skillset required, evasive skills instead of killing zombies required, crimson heads, the traps in the mansion, scarce ammo.

RE1 (PSX) [Hardest/Normal]
RE2 (PSX) [Normal]
RE3 (PSX) [Hardest]
RE: Code Veronica (DC) [Hardest]
REmake: [Invisible Enemy OR Real Survival Mode]
RE Zero (GC/Wii) [Hard]
RE4 (PS2) [Professional]
RE5 (PS3) [Professional/Hardest]
RE: Revelations (PS3/PSP) [Hardest]
RE6 (PS3) [Professional/Hardest]

I pick REmake to be the most hardest and challenging game among the entire series. Mainly because, that game has modes that are very ridiculously challenging:

Real Survival Mode - Hardest difficulty, inventory boxes are not "linked," VERY scarce ammo, scarce fuel canteen to burn bodies and prevent crimson heads, ONE bite from a zombie equals yellow bar health, tank controls, narrow hallways making zombie encounters hugely a disadvantage for player, NO auto aim.... so that means you gotta run... 180 turn... shoot.

I consider Invisible Enemy, in that creepy and narrow hallway mansion with many zombies, traps, and crimson heads, to be very threatening to the player. But some may dispute the legitimacy of Invisible Enemy because the mode seems more like a spoof than a serious mode.... that's fine....

If Invisible Enemy doesn't count, then Real Survival Mode counts. Because Real Survival Mode has no linked inventory boxes, that means you have to play extra meticulously for each trip you make (especially Chris), because if you don't plan things out, you might face great dangers and traps if you find yourself running around the mansion too naively and carelessly.

Also, Ink Ribbons aren't a common luxury in Real Survival Mode. That means that you don't get ink ribbons right at the convenience of the type writer, you actually have to search the mansion yourself for an ink ribbon. In the beginning, there's only one ink ribbon provided in the west wing of the mansion.....

.....And even worse, adding to the fact that if you have only one ink ribbon in the west or east side of the mansion, that means you can ONLY save in ONE of the rooms, because of the "no linked inventory boxes" challenge. So basically, ink ribbons to save the game are already scarce, but traveling around that huge and dangerous mansion, it requires proficiency of controls and critical preparation of thinking abilities to make sure that you save at the right time, at the right place, with the right amount of supplies, without wasting many resources, ammo, and health. The entire survival horror aspect is present in this mode.

It's not easy running around that mansion trying to save. In RSM (Real Survival Mode), you only have about 6 saves you can make in the entire beginning, it isn't until you reach like the middle of the game when you go beyond the waterfalls to the dungeons, that the game supplies you with another set of 3 ink ribbons.

And since the inventory boxes aren't linked, what happens if you leave your important weapons in a box on the far opposite side of the mansion? What if you need your shotgun NOW, but the shotgun is located on the far opposite wing of the mansion? Blasting your way through the mansion of the mansion is not smart, it is foolish, and you don't even have enough supplies to even do that in the first place. For there is not enough fuel to burn bodies, not enough ammo, and not enough health to deal with all of it on RSM.

Anyways, so that's why I think RSM in the REmake is the hardest. Feel free to discuss yours~

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I didn't play Real Survival yet, but finished Invisible Enemy (used save of my friend), and... I think it's not so difficult, when you remember location of enemies. RE4, RE5 and RE6 - even on Pro they were easy, thanks to unlimited ammo etc.

My vote is Resident Evil 0, Hard difficulty- I think it's one of the hardest RE ever, especially fighting wirh Leechmans, annoying backtracking to pick up supplies, lack of ammo, no item box at all... Wandering there and come back only for carry some items in better place, and sometimes partner wasted precious ammo for stupic zombies...

extravagant

Real Survival Mode is hard. I mean, if you know where all the enemies spawn, then it really helps, but there's tons of other challenges that come along the way. The lack of linked inventory boxes really makes you wanna plan out your routes because that one route will be your all or none.

Duuuude. I played RE:0 and beat it on Hard Mode. My gosh, it was SOOO worth it though. The game was indeed difficult, but I was still able to beat it. After many tries, and learning from trial and error, I was able to beat it. When I beat RE:0 on Hard, I felt very, VERY accomplished and I felt so happy that I beat it.

It was not until the REmake on Real Survival Mode.... that was.... the next hell to deal with, one even worst than RE:0's Hard Mode. Playing REmake with no walkthrough, no LPs, no YouTube spoiling is a ****ing hard ass of a challenge.

Top Bottom