• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 We need Sheva!

Do you think Sheva should be brought back.

• Total voters

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nope... From the cut scene below chris states ..."Jill and I were pursuing a man named albert wesker...".They did seek spencer but eventually wanted to pursue wesker. Sheva was the one that cuts through wesker in the final scene as chris holds wesker. So she does deserve credit for wat jill and chris could not accomplish.

I don't think you read my post beyond my racist allegations. I mean sheva is a perfectly good character who deserves another appearence which is the subject of this thread. But comparisons were made with jill and that jill deserved to avenge wesker.Take a look at the few posts below. They had absolutely no thought besides hate (with passion). They can't even explain themselves besides seeking jill to replace sheva. That is why i compared sheva and jill.I don't see how it is invalid of me to compare the characters when the rest of the posts have been doing so. I will say it again, though jill has her past with umbrella, at the end of the day,sheva kicked wesker's ass.

RE 6 is gonna have more new characters. Are you saying that those characters do not deserve more appearences in future games cuz they don't have enough history in the game. Pssssh....please....Capcom ain't gonna buy that crap and neither do i.
But they kicked Wesker's ass NOT because Sheva is a better partner, but because they were more well prepared and found a weakness...And the fact that Chris was on roids MAY have something to do with it...

bruno

Chief Researcher
They overdosesd Wesker with the serum, then he infected himself with Uroboros and they were inside a f*cking vulcano!
Wesker was insane and desperate becuase Chris had destroyed his plans, while in LIN, he had just gained a new purpose.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
They overdosesd Wesker with the serum, then he infected himself with Uroboros and they were inside a f*cking vulcano!
Wesker was insane and desperate becuase Chris had destroyed his plans, while in LIN, he had just gained a new purpose.
So who are you agreeing with though...Could go either way the way you put it...

Camhot56

Apprehending Wesker was NOT Chris and Jill's mission...They got intel on Spencer's location and went to apprehend Spencer...They ran into Wesker by surprise and he, being the mutated freak he was, kicked their asses...Chris and Sheva found out about Wesker before they had to meet in combat in RE5, and even found out about his weakness being the serum...So Chris did NOT defeat Wesker because Sheva is a better partner than Jill, but because Chris was able to attain more information to find Wesker's weak point...Sheva had NOTHING to do with attaining this information either, so she can be given credit for NOTHING that Jill couldn't have done instead...

Umm your wrong because Sheva is the one that had the extra serum to inject Wesker with Chris did ntot remember where he heard from and sheva did so sorry but your wrong with that one BTW i like jill im not involved in that one.

Why is it so bad that she isn't in the game? My thoughts:

1) Resident Evil doesn't usually bring in the same main characters twice in a row. Granted there are exceptions especially with Chris coming back for RE6, but it's by no means unusual for a main character to not be in an immediate sequel.

2) I'm pretty sure RE6 doesn't take place in Africa (I haven't seen much of the footage or anything since I'm on a borrowed computer with no sound lol), and as far as I see it, Sheva is probably the kind of person who would want to stick around her home and help straighten things out there.

3) As you pointed out, she wasn't a well liked character in RE5 from my experience, so why be in a big hurry to bring her back?

Only said that because after the whole reaident evil 5 fiasco they seemed like they were new official partners so i just assumed that they would go on missins togather

Ok the whole racist thing is getting old but I can see where the people are coming from one of the first African characters and their response isnt so good I feel for you guys but their are a million other reasons that are ridiculous for people hating sheva so write about that. Also I want to add the whole Jill VS Sheva thing im not involved i like both characters. The sheva adding nothing to the story thing is just people crap without sheva chris couldnt have made it alone. For the people who support the love for sheva I love you guys but for the people who dont i dont really have anything against just a disagreement.

CapcomGirl

Yo bine de Kombate Mortal
I have to go with maybe on this one. I want them to put in old characters(like Rebecca, Billy, etc)
They can put Sheva in other future RE games. But the thing is, I like Sheva too and I also want to see her again. So im not really sure if they should bring her back.:confused:

Camhot56

I have to go with maybe on this one. I want them to put in old characters(like Rebecca, Billy, etc)
They can put Sheva in other future RE games. But the thing is, I like Sheva too and I also want to see her again. So im not really sure if they should bring her back.:confused:
Thank you for a civil reply but let me ask you this did you think sheva was the problem of the game or was it the game itself that needed work because no one has answerd my question.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Only said that because after the whole reaident evil 5 fiasco they seemed like they were new official partners so i just assumed that they would go on missins togather

I was never under the impression that Chris and Sheva were permanent partners. o_O I'd always approached the RE5 storyline assuming that Chris was simply carrying out a mission in Africa because that's where the baddies were, and Sheva just happened to be his guide in Africa.

PS, I love the fact that you only seem to like comments that directly state they want Sheva back or that she was wrongly hated. Not that there's anything wrong with those comments, but it seems to me you're not very openminded to other answers...

Sheva was not a bad character, but she wasn't an extremely memorable one either. As far as the whole Wesker thing goes, the only reason she beat Wesker rather than Jill is because she just happened to be with Chris instead of Jill. Rest assured that if the two swapped positions , Jill would do just fine defeating Wesker with Chris. And there will always be fans for new characters just as there will always be just as many people who they just don't do anything for. So far as I've seen, you generally cannot talk someone into liking a character that they've already decided, for reasons good or bad, that they don't like. Also, since a lot of the people on this thread seem to prefer Jill to Sheva, I'm thinking that trying to find ways for Sheva to outshine Jill is probably not the way to go about convincing said people that Sheva is worth keeping around. Just a thought. :)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
^Precisely. Not to mention that it's highly debatable (i.e unlikely) that Chris and Sheva could have defeated Wesker had Jill not told them about that drug that acts like a poison to Wesker... that's what made him weak and vulnerable in the first place. No one can honestly say that had Jill and Sheva's role been switched at the end there, that Jill couldn't have defeated Wesker at that point either.

I have nothing against Sheva as a character, I've made that clear, but changes in their circumstances was what made Wesker defeatable - not that Sheva is a more able-bodied warrior.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I'm with Rain611 on this one. I had never got the idea that Sheva would be Chris' new partner after RE5. (the non-canon live action commercials probably made some people feel this way.) She was just there to guide him, because she was a native speaker, and familiar with the area. The whole "partner" thing was way overplayed to try to add something to the game in the vein of a buddy cop film, where a rookie becomes paired with a veteran who lost his last partner.

Personally, I think Sheva is hot period (except for clubbing), but that may because I am a classic shut-in that doesn't get out much.

Camhot56

I was never under the impression that Chris and Sheva were permanent partners. o_O I'd always approached the RE5 storyline assuming that Chris was simply carrying out a mission in Africa because that's where the baddies were, and Sheva just happened to be his guide in Africa.

PS, I love the fact that you only seem to like comments that directly state they want Sheva back or that she was wrongly hated. Not that there's anything wrong with those comments, but it seems to me you're not very openminded to other answers...

Sheva was not a bad character, but she wasn't an extremely memorable one either. As far as the whole Wesker thing goes, the only reason she beat Wesker rather than Jill is because she just happened to be with Chris instead of Jill. Rest assured that if the two swapped positions , Jill would do just fine defeating Wesker with Chris. And there will always be fans for new characters just as there will always be just as many people who they just don't do anything for. So far as I've seen, you generally cannot talk someone into liking a character that they've already decided, for reasons good or bad, that they don't like. Also, since a lot of the people on this thread seem to prefer Jill to Sheva, I'm thinking that trying to find ways for Sheva to outshine Jill is probably not the way to go about convincing said people that Sheva is worth keeping around. Just a thought. :)

I just noticed i Did that to but everytime i try to say something back to the hate comments they just turn it into another argument when i see comments like i didnt like her she just didnt intrest me im fine with that but when people say i hate her she is so stupid and that sucks its just a argument waiting to happens so i stay away from it.

aoshi

Can't we keep this civil and mature without resorting to sophmoric name-calling?
Just because there are people on here that have opinions I don't like or agree with does that mean I can call them "booger-breathed, poopy-faces?" Sure I can, but the only purpose that serves is to make me look like an ass.
"OMG you are so dumb because I don't like your opinion."

"You don't like Sheva, you're a racist!"

WTH? Why pull out the racism card? Just because there are asians, hispanics, and black people that I don't like does that make me a racist? Does the fact that there are white people I don't like make me a self-hating white man?

Aoshi, I would like to point out that when it comes to comparing Jill to Sheva, in your own post you make comparisons to their scripted stories. The fact that Jill in your words "failed" when they fought Wesker and Sheva succeeded in helping kill him years later is not a valid point to argue one's superiority over the other.

Keep in mind before you reply that I am a Sheva fan, but I do agree that Jill is more heavily invested in the series narrative at this time.

I had to quote this ridiculous non sense. I think i should have the right to flame you for calling me an ass. But don't think the mods would be pleased with it. I did not pull out the racist card out of anyone's ass to save my argument to have sheva in future games. I defended my arguments with logical points such as her role in apprehending wesker and suppressing bio-terrorism in africa. Keep in mind that she is a BSAA official before chris's partner. Arguing from the perspective of sharing chris's spot was jus supplementary to mission is jus BS. Chris is not from africa, so why assign chris to africa? why not have sheva and josh take care of them. Fiction does not make sense now does it? Also i did not start the comparison between jill and sheva. You kept your mouth shut cuz you knew you would be dropped like a bad habit by other members when they targeted sheva as less important character to jill.And you comment on my comparison between jill and sheva cuz you know that you have members backing you up on this BS,psshh...wat a cop out!

As angel stated , stop reading sub texts and have your own assumptions of wat is right or wrong.Wat is right is sheva deserves her spot in future games as any character in RE. wat is wrong is to deprive her that spot on ridiculous claims that she is less important than other characters like jill.
I was never under the impression that Chris and Sheva were permanent partners. :confused: I'd always approached the RE5 storyline assuming that Chris was simply carrying out a mission in Africa because that's where the baddies were, and Sheva just happened to be his guide in Africa.

Gotta disagree on that...If chris is not from africa, why was he assigned to africa? It was not accidental that sheva was from africa to support him. Its vice-versa actually. Both chris and sheva are BSAA officials. There was a never a mention that sheva was a sub-ordinate to chris. So sheva's role is equal to that of chris. So treating her as a supporting role to chris is jus BS.In fact, the game opens up option to play through the game as sheva and chris be assigned the supporting role. Would that mean that chris was jus supporting sheva?...No.

Flaming sheva and comparing her to jill was jus wrong.I don't see why people are okay with that non sense. May be they like both jill and sheva. But the fact is , those who support jill , deprive sheva her role in future games.So they had to know the fact that sheva and chris fixed business in africa. Argument that switching roles would have same outcome is unwarranted.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Alright, I've had enough. You're done, Aoshi. Done. The staff are, frankly, sick to death of being nice and trying to talk with you, only to have it go in one ear and out the other. You are obviously incapable of discussing things as a reasonable adult - you do nothing but resort to childish name-calling and taunts each and every time someone disagrees with you. Go bring your crap elsewhere because it's not welcome here anymore.

Goodbye and good riddance.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
(1) I don't think you read my post beyond my racist allegations. I mean sheva is a perfectly good character who deserves another appearence which is the subject of this thread.

RE 6 is gonna have more new characters. (2) Are you saying that those characters do not deserve more appearences in future games cuz they don't have enough history in the game. Pssssh....please....Capcom ain't gonna buy that crap and neither do i.

(1): Yes I did, but the sad fact is that the post in question is full of misinformation in my opinion, but I’ll handle that in a second. Sadly I agree with you on the core argument that Sheva does need another appearance in a RE game, but I don't agree with some of your statements based on content. Now you have your sights set on me.

(2): I never said anything to that effect. I was merely pointing out the fact that some people dislike Sheva because Jill has more of a history with them.

Now on to the meat and potatoes.

Though sheva did not add much to RE universe, she played her part well.

(3) In fact she did take wesker down with her but chris did not want to lose her like he did with jill. She had every right to avenge wesker as her family was involved in umbrella's experiment. So why deprive of her right to fight along side chris? Also comparing her to jill is pointless. Jus because jill has her fictional background with umbrella, (4) she is no match in combat compared to sheva. Jill did not entirely suppress the umbrella organization and was (5) merely a survivor of the raccoon city incident as elements of umbrella were still alive such as wesker and tricell. (6) In fact sheva killed wesker(in his mutated form) and suppressed bio-terrorism in africa which makes sheva a better combatant than jill. Facts point sheva as a better RE character than jill. Hating her would jus be racism.

(3): So she was going to sacrifice herself to stop Wesker and save Chris. Jill did that too, but the only difference is that Chris had enough time to stop Sheva from going through with it. In all likelihood, however, Sheva would have probably failed to actually kill Wesker had she not been stopped. Wesker didn't kill Sheva's family, Umbrella did as you point out, but Wesker did set Jill and the rest of S.T.A.R.S. up as guinea pigs which resulted in the deaths of Jill's friends and colleagues. She actually does have a more personal stake in bringing Wesker down.

(4): All you’re doing here is comparing separate game engines on separate systems. Jill's capabilities are just as impressive as Sheva's; as evidenced by Desperate Escape and in Mercenaries. You have to remember that Jill has a background with Delta Force, an elite police unit (S.T.A.R.S.), and was one of the 11 Founders of the BSAA. She has it over Sheva as far as experience goes.

(5): Anyone who follows the Resident Evil games should know that Jill is not "merely a survivor of the Raccoon City Incident. The Outbreak characters would fit into this category though.

(6) Nope. Sheva helped Chris do those things. You make it sound like Sheva acted on her own. As for being a better combatant than Jill, to add to what I stated above: RE5 is the first game that Jill has been in that allowed us to see her hand to hand skills, but I have no doubt she is equal to or slightly more adept than Sheva.

(7) I had to quote this ridiculous non sense. I think i should have the right to flame you for calling me an ass. But don't think the mods would be pleased with it. I did not pull out the racist card out of anyone's ass to save my argument to have sheva in future games. I defended my arguments with logical points such as her role in apprehending wesker and suppressing bio-terrorism in africa. Keep in mind that she is a BSAA official before chris's partner. Arguing from the perspective of sharing chris's spot was jus supplementary to mission is jus BS. (8) Chris is not from africa, so why assign chris to africa? why not have sheva and josh take care of them. Fiction does not make sense now does it?
(9) Also i did not start the comparison between jill and sheva. You kept your mouth shut cuz you knew you would be dropped like a bad habit by other members when they targeted sheva as less important character to jill.And you comment on my comparison between jill and sheva cuz you know that you have members backing you up on this BS,psshh...wat a cop out!

(10) As angel stated , stop reading sub texts and have your own assumptions of wat is right or wrong.Wat is right is sheva deserves her spot in future games as any character in RE. wat is wrong is to deprive her that spot on ridiculous claims that she is less important than other characters like jill.

(11) Flaming sheva and comparing her to jill was jus wrong.I don't see why people are okay with that non sense. May be they like both jill and sheva. But the fact is , those who support jill , deprive sheva her role in future games.So they had to know the fact that sheva and chris fixed business in africa. Argument that switching roles would have same outcome is unwarranted.

(7): Strange that you quoted it once before, found more things to whine about, and quoted it again. For starters I never called you an ass, I merely stated if I resorted to name calling it would make me look like and ass. I think you just look for insults that aren't there. Funny that you have no problem insulting someone, but get hurt when you think someone insults you.

(8): I may be mistaken on this, but Chris requested to go on the mission in Africa. Sheva was just assigned to be his guide to help ease tension with the locals.

(9): I'll only speak to the core point there as opposed to the erroneous personal attacks. I never stated that you started the comparison, only that the points you tried to derive from the comparison were based more on what was scripted than actual gameplay. Sheva could be a useless waste of polygons sometimes, but I guess they fixed the AI for Desperate Escape because I had fewer problems with Jill as an AI.

(10): I don't know how to tell you this, but Angel's post was more or less meant for you. As for the other point about Sheva deserving to be in other RE games I do agree, but she is at the back of the line behind Barry, Rebecca, Billy, Ark, Steve, etc.

(11): I'm sorry, but I actually do have to strongly disagree with you on this one. Just because some people who don't like or "support" a certain character doesn't mean they'll never be heard from again. I'm sure Capcom likes to have options when deciding what old characters should make an appearance in future games. Sheva and Chris did "fix business" in Africa, but with some help from Jill and Josh.

Honestly, I feel that if Angel had a problem with my post she would have said something to me about it, but she hasn't. I don't feel as though I am in the wrong here, but I would welcome her thoughts on this further.

To be truthful though, I do feel that the way you go about trying to get your point across is argumentative, and detrimental to the topic at hand. Especially since your posts have quite a bit of misinformation and personal attacks. I will not reply to your further posts in this thread as you seem to be trying to incite a full-blown argument. If you want to continue this discussion with me personally or just to try to flame me, I invite you to do so on my profile. Let us leave such petty drivel out of this thread so that others can discuss this topic without having to be subjected to it.

EDIT: Took me a really long time, and I didn't see LFF's post until afterwards.

Top Bottom