• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

Turo602

The King of Kings
I love the Nintendo Switch, don't get me wrong. But there are a few things I find quite annoying with it.

Something that really annoyed me today was when I wanted to save a clip to share to my Twitter, and it wouldn't fit into the thirty seconds that the Switch allows you to capture. Seriously, thirty seconds? That's hardly any time at all.

Nintendo is great, but when it comes to simple social features that have become standard on Xbox and Playstation, Nintendo either doesn't have said features or somehow manages to screw them up.

It's like they're too proud to copy and paste something as universal as sending messages to friends or party chatting that they rather not have it at all. You can't even take a video of third-party games. They're just so behind on the online and social aspect of gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jen

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I love the Nintendo Switch, don't get me wrong. But there are a few things I find quite annoying with it.

Something that really annoyed me today was when I wanted to save a clip to share to my Twitter, and it wouldn't fit into the thirty seconds that the Switch allows you to capture. Seriously, thirty seconds? That's hardly any time at all.

Nintendo is great, but when it comes to simple social features that have become standard on Xbox and Playstation, Nintendo either doesn't have said features or somehow manages to screw them up.

It's like they're too proud to copy and paste something as universal as sending messages to friends or party chatting that they rather not have it at all. You can't even take a video of third-party games. They're just so behind on the online and social aspect of gaming.

And not only that, but locking backup saves behind a paywall when both Sony and Microsoft offer it for free and not allowing digital pre-order cancellations of their games, which is not only shady, but a violation of consumer protection laws in the EU.

They make great games as a developer, but they're so far behind the competition as far as business practices, it's unbelievable. And this isn't even getting into their vehemently taking down ROM sites for games that can't be played in any legal capacity, anymore (inb4 "start paying for your games, you parasites!") and copyright striking YouTube videos that legally use their content under fair use.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

It's beyond ridiculous. They're falling behind and it would be so simple just to implement these things.

Thirty seconds in gaming is hardly anything at all. How are you meant to show anything like an epic battle with a boss? That's not going to happen within thirty seconds. There's not really that much point in having the option there at all.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm kind of surprised at the bad reception of Days Gone. I remember there was a lot of hype for it but from what I've seen (I've watched streamers play but didn't buy it myself) the game play is bad with lots of glitches. I've yet to see someone say anything good about it. Has anyone here played it?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm kind of surprised at the bad reception of Days Gone. I remember there was a lot of hype for it but from what I've seen (I've watched streamers play but didn't buy it myself) the game play is bad with lots of glitches. I've yet to see someone say anything good about it. Has anyone here played it?

I haven't played it, but I had a feeling it was gonna be a bit of a flop for Sony. It's the studio's first big game, Sony didn't showcase it at their last E3, and the general opinion seemed to skew more towards negative nearing its release. The game is still selling rather well and it still looks like a game I'd like to play so I'll definitely wait for a price drop before picking it up. Hopefully by then, a lot of its issues will be fixed too.

Mr.R

I think I'll follow @Turo602 on his idea for Days Gone. I didn't played yet, but I watched some gameplay and didn't found it too bad. Actually, I think I'm gonna be buying it someday.......when the price drops, of course. But it looks fun, at least from what I watched, it really looked fun. I didn't read or watched any reviews of it though, I might check on some of it later, just to see what exactly the complaints are about.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I know Days Gone is getting some pretty mediocre reviews (and some actually pretty good ones according to the Youtube advertisements for the game) - but if it does well enough, I will definitely be playing it next year when it is $20 to get.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I'm playing Days Gone. Its fun, but a little too open world for my tastes. Seems like its trying to have as deep a story as The Last of US.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The FF7 trailer looks good - but I still feel like it is too far from done. Like it'll be a PS5 launch title at this point. Yikes!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Oh, man, Bethesda keeps f*cking up. They soured their reputation practically overnight with so many f*ck-ups (kinda like Konami did, go figure), and well, they did it AGAIN!

As you may have heard, Bethesda locked the classic Doom games behind a Bethesda.net account. Of course, they claim it was an accident, but then again, they also claim that them delisting and removing the games from people's XBL and PSN accounts was a mistake, err, "glitch" as well, so I don't buy that sh!t for one second. They didn't like the uproar and backpedaled, simple as.

Oh, and speaking of uproar, the memes are rolling in! "A Bethesda.net account is required to view this tweet" ROTGDFLMMFAO! :lol:

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Seriously, what's gotten into Bethesda? They've p!ssed away their reputation overnight with so many f*ck-ups. First by releasing a broken, buggy, half-baked Fallout 76, then scamming people with falsely-advertised duffel bags, then leaking people's credit card and personal info when ordering said duffel bags after the fact, then releasing a half-baked 10 hour Wolfenstein game laden with microtransactions, and now this.

And what's sad is: some people actually believe them when they said they accidentally coded in login requirements and DRM for a 26-year-old game that they didn't even make and deleted the backwards-compatibility 360 versions of classic Doom games from people's libraries after getting caught with their pants down YET AGAIN.

Yeah, no, that sh!t doesn't get coded in by accident, anyone who knows how programming works knows this. The fact that it appears on the game's store pages proves it was intentional. Then even hid it at the bottom of the PSN page, thinking nobody would see it, sounds pretty deliberate (not to mention underhanded) to me.

They're turning into EA/Acti. I guess that makes sense, after all, you can't spell Bethesda without EA.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm wondering if I want to spend $60 on Pokemon Shield/Sword.
This is f*ckin' weird. I open the site at work, read this, and it's EXACTLY what my two co workers in front of me were talking about...Whether or not the new Pokmeon game is gonna be worth $60

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Been playing a lot of TLoU Factions lately... before the pull the plug for the online mode this September (for PS3). :sad:
That online mode still holds a special place in my heart. I spent hours upon hours on it. Will you be getting The Last of Us Part II?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That online mode still holds a special place in my heart. I spent hours upon hours on it. Will you be getting The Last of Us Part II?

Sorry chica, I just saw this post! It will be very bittersweet to see it go and yes I plan on buying the sequel! I can’t wait! I’m probably going to hold off on paying for online gaming though, with classes and all lol. Its distracting enough to play games and then I get sucked in even more with the online stuff.

Lately I’ve had the urge to play through the entire Silent Hill series. I might start that up here soon.

Top Bottom