• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen, how is your new job lil lady?!
I'm enjoying it so far, though there's an awful lot to learn. We start with four weeks of classroom-based training (learning the systems and how to categorise different cases, what to do about them etc.) and then there is a two week transition period before you start doing the actual job.

I don't know if I mentioned before or not but this job is for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (it's abbreviated to RSPCA, I just thought I'd clarify because I don't know what it's called in other countries). So it's essential that we have full, comprehensive training. At times you do see horrible cases and those obviously aren't nice to hear about, but I am enjoying learning the ropes.

Thanks for asking, my dear! :D

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
CT: I can't believe there's going to be a Resident Evil musical. What the f*ck. <
Story! Welcome back darlin'! It's so good to see you here. :)

I'm enjoying it so far, though there's an awful lot to learn. We start with four weeks of classroom-based training (learning the systems and how to categorise different cases, what to do about them etc.) and then there is a two week transition period before you start doing the actual job.

I don't know if I mentioned before or not but this job is for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (it's abbreviated to RSPCA, I just thought I'd clarify because I don't know what it's called in other countries). So it's essential that we have full, comprehensive training. At times you do see horrible cases and those obviously aren't nice to hear about, but I am enjoying learning the ropes.

Thanks for asking, my dear! :D
Good luck there! I think I like RSPCA, though I'm not really familiar with them. :)

It's an important job they do, there are so many animals who needs their help. If I were a pet, I would not want to live in a city. Sometimes I think that there should be more restrictions on city pets. While their owners may try the best they can to give them a good life, it's a bad environment.

How are the RSPCA funded? Do they get money from the government, or is it just donations?

And what's it to learn? You just use a club and hit abuse/neglecting owners in the head, right? :p Maybe you should.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
It makes me so mad when people that have never had depression think they know everything about it.
Theres also a fine line between depression and attention seeking in my experience.
I see so many people who I dislike claim they have depression for likes and attention on fb. I think those who you don't see or hear from are more likely to have it.
It's a depressing world afterall...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Theres also a fine line between depression and attention seeking in my experience.
I see so many people who I dislike claim they have depression for likes and attention on fb. I think those who you don't see or hear from are more likely to have it.
It's a depressing world afterall...

Yeah, a lot of people do that. I find it really offensive. I try not to mention it, I don't like to.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
@Maddy7 @Spikeyroxas

I agree with both of you. its really annoys me when i see people tell someone who has depression to get over it. Its not really that easy to get over depression. because no one really knows what triggers it. Its hard to tell if someone is being depressed because some of them put a mask to hide how they truly feel.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
@Maddy7 @Spikeyroxas

I agree with both of you. its really annoys me when i see people tell someone who has depression to get over it. Its not really that easy to get over depression. because no one really knows what triggers it. Its hard to tell if someone is being depressed because some of them put a mask to hide how they truly feel.

Exactly. Just because I smile sometimes doesn't mean I'm happy.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
@Angel would you look at this pearl :) I'M SO HAPPY BUT....... I wish they could stop sooner and replace the rest of the orcas in well monitored seapens and all that jazz but... this is Something at least, especially since Seaworld is directly linked to cetacean captivity all around the world (although I'm not so sure whether they'll stop supporting that or not...)

Also CT: I hate how animal welfarists are like, ''uguh i hate blackfish bc its filled w sensationalism and propaganda w a lie here and there'' and like. No offense but sure I don't like Blackfish much either but they should shut the heckie up about that because the effect the documentary had on the marine park industry is A+. I don't give a damn about how terrible it was, it's made a serious change and that's honestly all that I care about. And three years later its impact is still heavily significant.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Good luck there! I think I like RSPCA, though I'm not really familiar with them. :)

It's an important job they do, there are so many animals who needs their help. If I were a pet, I would not want to live in a city. Sometimes I think that there should be more restrictions on city pets. While their owners may try the best they can to give them a good life, it's a bad environment.

How are the RSPCA funded? Do they get money from the government, or is it just donations?

And what's it to learn? You just use a club and hit abuse/neglecting owners in the head, right? :p Maybe you should.
Thank you, Romero. :)

The RSPCA is funded purely from donations. If the government funded it it probably wouldn't be in the best interest of the animals, because people in parliament can be rich people that enjoy hunting for sport, and so they'd control the way the charity approaches animal welfare.

Haha, trust me, if you'd seen some of the cases we've seen already, you'd very much want to club the people over the head. But the RSPCA also deals with helping animals if they're injured in non-neglectful circumstances, be they wild animals or domestic. You also have to learn to log every case correctly and accurately as what you write for that incident can form evidence in court. You also liaise with the police, other charities, highway organisations and RSPCA inspectors/animal welfare officers, so there's a ton of stuff to learn, which is why the training is so comprehensive. It's tough at times, but I'm enjoying learning new things. :)

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Was scrolling through my newsfeed when two stories appeared about the Xbox/ps4 crossover thing.
gW6tHun.jpg
I thought It's funny how they both contradict each other and happened to be next to each other

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I'm sorry to hear that. You're doing a great job taking care of your mom, you shouldn't have to be doing anything else if you have a job as important as that. Like Jen said, you can always talk to us. *hugs* <3

*hugs* You are an amazing person Tremor. If i could (and i know that i am not the only one who feels this way) i'd take the first plane and be by your side. :)

@tremor I'm so sorry to hear you have to take that sh!t. You are amazing and you should get hugs and appreciation for the job you do, not being yelled at.
*hugs*

I'm so very sorry that you have to go through this, baby girl. You're doing an awesome job and don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

All of you come here and let's have a big group hug because I love you guys. You too @Jen! My stupid self forgot to include you :sleepy:

Also, he got payback today. My brother is pretty sick so I've been having to take care of him too lol (I don't mind). So guess who's been having to help me with my mom?

giphy%201_zps3gjqi5dl.gif

Karma can often be a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
If this is the NX handheld. Then damn it looks great. If it's the console controller... well then.... ugh... suddenly it doesn't look hot. People think it is. Why the hell would you look at that over the screen? It's not remotely similar to the Wii U.

In the end, I think it's the handheld and it has extreme levels of potential.

pAusBD4.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Wtf is that?
What is Nintendo doing

Honestly, like I said. If that's the handheld. I think it'll be amazing. If it's the consoles controller.... then ****.
Why would this not make a good handheld. Especially if the features that are rumored to be part of it are true? Damnit this could be their best handheld yet.... despite how amazing all their handhelds are.

Top Bottom