• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is a power move. I can't sit back and let negativity occur. I have been more active on social media this year.

You hear a lot of dark things especially from older people. And especially when they're family, I feel like I have to intervene and hand down knowledge that people might not understand especially if they are reading unreliable news sources and frankly, just believing memes and FB posts without reading in to them. I feel like it has been great to have conversations with people to open them up a little. While I have never blown anyones mind, I got a lot of respectful responses and people to open up and confirm they see my view point as well. So, that has been liberating too!

On another note - My brother in law and sister in law are coming here this weekend to stay for a week! Very excited to have company, but NOT looking forward to all the weird cleaning I have to do. About to clean all of the window sills in the house. Sills.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Soooo...Woke up today to find I'm negative $50 with a charge I don't recognize on my account. Guess it's time to dispute and get a new card. Could be worse. My chip was broken anyway, and I'd been too lazy to get a new one. Maybe this is a sign XD

Rain611

You can't kill me.
At least you saw it before it got too out of hand. Hopefully your provider is easy to work with on issues like this. I would've had to replace mine a while ago, I don't carry cash because I spend it too quickly lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
At least you saw it before it got too out of hand. Hopefully your provider is easy to work with on issues like this. I would've had to replace mine a while ago, I don't carry cash because I spend it too quickly lol.
I prefer to carry cash because I don't trust electronics. But with so many places not accepting it due to covid, I've gotten used to exclusively using my card lol

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I was given a gift of cash just before lockdown...am starting to wonder whether it's even going to be considered legal currency soon with all this "contactless only" stuff the shops have got going on. They've even upped the limit to £45 for contactless payments which is fine and all, but having had my card stolen in the past when the limit per transaction was £20, I can see this becoming an expensive problem for those who get their wallets stolen now.

Mozart is delicious but going through almost a bottle whilst watching The Tiger King is not good and also expensive. Note to self: do not drink when watching car-crash TV shows...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You know…A lot of people are sh*tting on 2020. But it gave us the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. And I think that’s worthy of a nice little "hat tip" to the year. Thanks 2020.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That is a power move. I can't sit back and let negativity occur. I have been more active on social media this year.

You hear a lot of dark things especially from older people. And especially when they're family, I feel like I have to intervene and hand down knowledge that people might not understand especially if they are reading unreliable news sources and frankly, just believing memes and FB posts without reading in to them. I feel like it has been great to have conversations with people to open them up a little. While I have never blown anyones mind, I got a lot of respectful responses and people to open up and confirm they see my view point as well. So, that has been liberating too!

On another note - My brother in law and sister in law are coming here this weekend to stay for a week! Very excited to have company, but NOT looking forward to all the weird cleaning I have to do. About to clean all of the window sills in the house. Sills.
Having family who are police officers, my annoyance comes from ignorant comments and assumptions about police and riot footage that has been conveniently misconstrued to demonize and justify attacking them. Not to mention the blatant disregard of the statistics about crime rates that go against the ‘racist cops’ narrative. This has all played out exactly as I expected and it’s frustrating as well as numbing. If you even utter any empathy for the police you are “part of the problem”.

Anyway.

Pho soup is the bomb.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Having family who are police, my annoyance comes from ignorant comments and assumptions about police and riot footage that has been conveniently misconstrued to demonize the police there and, somehow, justify attacking them. Not to mention the blatant disregard of the statistics about crime rates that go against the ‘racist cops’ narrative. This has all played out exactly as I expected and it’s frustrating as well as numbing. If you even utter any empathy for the police you are “part of the problem”.

Anyway.

Pho soup is the bomb.

I have a couple of cops in the family and my husband is an armed security guard so I totally understand. It also sickens me how a lot of left leaning news outlets have been purposely added gasoline to the fire so to speak, probably most notably being CNN. I've had to be pretty selective when it comes to where I get my new that past couple weeks because of this (I like to look at sources from both sides but it's getting ridiculous now and only leaves me angry now.). And yea, good luck getting people to actually acknowledge statistics lol.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I have a couple of cops in the family and my husband is an armed security guard so I totally understand. It also sickens me how a lot of left leaning news outlets have been purposely added gasoline to the fire so to speak, probably most notably being CNN. I've had to be pretty selective when it comes to where I get my new that past couple weeks because of this (I like to look at sources from both sides but it's getting ridiculous now and only leaves me angry now.). And yea, good luck getting people to actually acknowledge statistics lol.
I haven’t bothered watching CNN in years. Plenty of people spew their crap anyways.

I absolutely love Candace Owens for coming out and telling it like it is recently.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I suppose I don't have a typical news correspondent. I get news sources from a bunch of different online venues. But I almost always check the news of sites like Snopes.com which isn't always 100% reliable, but more often than not - you get the truth of the matter and they actually can defer between what is fact and what is myth. The current President isn't the most articulate person so it is easy for news outlets on all sides to kind of make up facts about what he has said. Fox news will generally defend his errors and character mistakes and spin it to a positive light although not every correspondent can do that. CNN and every other more liberal leaning ones will add fire to what he has said whether it is justifiable or not. So, it helps to read the facts about the situation. But no one really does that anymore. They just decide they're smart enough to understand the truth while deciphering the truth given to them from Fox or CNN. But how can you have reliable news when it is decided what the truth is for you?

Other than that, I do like Trevor Noah because he has that classic Daily Show whit, but is both cutting and welcoming with his words. Of course, comedy news outlets aren't always the best sources either. haha

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
People on Twitter retweeting the Captain America comic strip where he talks about standing up for your beliefs and telling the rest of the world to move...cute but, as per, doesn't apply.

Because when someone really believes in something and stands up for it, unless it's on the current bandwagon everyone is piling on, that person will get obliterated.

Sometimes that may be necessary - if, say, someone wants all disabled people euthanised then sure, that's prolly not the best belief to stand up for. But this sort of "inspiring talk" creates division. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist and all that...

We say we want people to stand up for themselves. What we really mean is "only if it fits the current popular agenda".

Top Bottom