• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I am waiting for the absolute Twitter storm at some point soon...

He's not tweeted for a few hours since his declaration that he won (without actually, y'know, winning)...no way he's going to go quiet now.

Other thoughts of the day include utter relief that my dad got Covid but didn't need hospital treatment despite having lungs riddled with scarring and damage from old respiratory infections. He managed to get back into the UK today and was then on damage control duty as my stepmum confused quarantine with house arrest and kept telling people they had been arrested...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Why couldn't there be a candidate with Biden's personality that had the politics of Trump?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lol, I had a friend message my about the Biden win rubbing it in my face that he won and I was like..."Yeah. And I wish him the best. As long as his policy is good I won't complain." She was kinda sad I wasn't more salty but I'll give anyone a fair shake. I won't complain until the policy is bad. I couldn't care less about how a politcian acts as a person. Just the policy they propose.

D

Deleted member 21244

Personally i think trump is both a stupid persone and a bad politician

I don't see how someone who wake up twitting: I won the election
Or: they are stealing this election from us
(when he is losing fare and square)
And putting people against each other just for his personal gain,
can be seen as a good president
He is really dumb, he is practically saying: i know you American people are a bunch of idiots so whatever I say you will believe me
Well he was wrong fortunately

Also I'm not whit any political party since I also leave in Italy, so i don't have anything to do whit American politics
But outside of America trump is seen a clown and some sort of retarded person, who not only weakened America, reinforcing people hate between each other, but also made America look like his bitch and a bad country to live in

He probably did some good i guess but personally all the good he can make cannot change the ****ty person and president he is

I'm just happy he lost so America can be restored any president will be better than him, even wesker himself lol

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am fairly liberal and I am happy to say goodbye to Trump. But I do not feel great about this election. Too many people in this country are divided and bitter. I went to a celebration dinner thrown by my Mother (also my boss as she is CEO of the Tea Company, lol) and they were all so happy, but I felt a little empty still.

The disinformation that has been filtered through Social Media has really brainwashed people on both sides of the aisle. Social Media platforms have the largest share of blame for people sharing false facts and it is disheartening to see people fall in to these traps so often. The election process was explained by most major media outlets as it occurred. NPR released article after article letting people know that in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, the mail in ballots wouldn't be counted until after the election. This is a fact and people are still furious that Biden "stole" the election. It would be naive to think that no voter fraud occurred at all. There are multiple cases of people sending in ballots of deceased loved ones and mail men stealing ballots, but there is no evidence of a large scale voting scam.

I want to know how to unite the people. Unite Democrats and Republicans. And I feel strongly that fact checking websites and hard non political news sources is the best way to give the people the information. Good luck to the next President, but we can't entertain real politics until people have real information.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
A leader should be held to a higher standard. Trump's behavior is inexcusable. That dumbass old fat orange **** never had any business being president.
If Trump had been a member of this forum I might needed to issue him a warning or two for his behavior. :p
Sometimes he did things or said things that made me facepalm, because it was bad taste or just too wrong. But this has another side to it too: I generally like politicians who are anti-politicians. This is why I like Duterte of the Philiphines, and Bolsonaro of Brasil. I know little about what they do but I somewhat know their style (maybe I wouldn't like these two if I knew everything about them).

--------------------------------

Trump delivered on his promises mostly, I don't know if there was many promises he didn't keep? That means you can trust him and to me trustworthyness beats style. Trustworthyness beats everything.

His "great wall" didn't go so great, I'm not sure of the reason for this. I do remember it was being obstructed and there was talk about denying the funding needed. Obama maybe built more wall that Trump and that's kinda funny.

Some Trump achievements:
- Pulling the US out of the Paris agreement. This alone is almost enough for me to vote for someone.
- "Threathening" other NATO countries to carry more of the financial burden. We in Europe have underfunded our military for too long. It's time we start paying our share.
- Stricter on immigration.
- Helped make a peace treaty in the Middle East. Nobel Peace Pice next? Trump may deserve it as much as, or maybe even more than Obama (but I never thought Obama deserved it).
- "America first!". Focused more on the home land and less on others. Economically, military and politically.
- Standing up against China and fighting against their unfair trade practices.

I disagreed strongly with Trump on some occasions.
- He did not support Ukraine, it was like he accepted Russia stealing the Crimean peninsula. I'm not sure if he changed his mind on this.
- Covid could have been handled better I'm sure, but I know too few details to be specific.
- He could have shown some support of Black Lives Matters. At the same time as being for law enforcement.
- Hmm. I don't remember anything more at the moment. The rest that I can think of right now are on style (or lack of it), not politics.

There should be a quota for politicians and all officials: MAX 5 TWEETS A WEEK. I'm feeling generous now. I wanted to say max 2. But I have to admit I enjoyed some of the tweet exchanges between Trump and that N. Korean fatman.

And I feel strongly that fact checking websites and hard non political news sources is the best way to give the people the information. Good luck to the next President, but we can't entertain real politics until people have real information.
I believe that one problem you have, is that so many of your major media houses are politically biased. Real journalism have no bias so it should not be this way.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Politics is off the rocks I swear.

Very least, I got some cake out of it. Had rum in it so I was SoL for the day but still taste good.
10/10 would eat cake to salty tears any day of the year. Spite makes for a great motivator to do your best after all.

Mr.R

I generally like politicians who are anti-politicians. This is why I like Duterte of the Philiphines, and Bolsonaro of Brasil. I know little about what they do but I somewhat know their style (maybe I wouldn't like these two if I knew everything about them).

Yeah...no. Bolsonaro is not "anti-politicians". That's the image he sold. He's been a politician on the congress for 30 f***** years with less than 10 approved projects in his career. His government is full of corruption and all of his sons (politicians just like him) are all being investigated one way or another by the authorities (he would too, if he wasn't president).

This kind of point of view from someone who isn't Brazilian is worrying. People need to know Bolsonaro is just as toxic and unhealthy for any country as Trump was. He's just as much as the "old politician" as everybody else. He's also worst, because he's got pretty much the same bad traits as Trump...and he prides himself on it. So...yeah. He's trash, his way of handling the COVID situation is killing people, most of his ministers are inept to their positions and so on. I hope my country can do better in 2022.

I fixed the quote tag for you. -Romero

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yeah...no. Bolsonaro is not "anti-politicians". That's the image he sold. He's been a politician on the congress for 30 f***** years with less than 10 approved projects in his career. His government is full of corruption and all of his sons (politicians just like him) are all being investigated one way or another by the authorities (he would too, if he wasn't president).

This kind of point of view from someone who isn't Brazilian is worrying. People need to know Bolsonaro is just as toxic and unhealthy for any country as Trump was. He's just as much as the "old politician" as everybody else. He's also worst, because he's got pretty much the same bad traits as Trump...and he prides himself on it. So...yeah. He's trash, his way of handling the COVID situation is killing people, most of his ministers are inept to their positions and so on. I hope my country can do better in 2022.
I mean, to me Bolsonaro appears as anti-politician in the way he communicate, he's not as smooth as the typical politician. Maybe I'm wrong here but that's my impression. Another example is the movement/party in Italy, they are called 5-star or sometng similar. I think one of the top heads were a professional comedian, or maybe that was in another country.
This kind of "politicians" feels refreshing.

Yes I know Bolsonaro is not handling covid. That is very worrying.

I'll not pretend I know what the best handling of covid is. For stopping the virus as quickly as possible, full lockdown is needed. But the trick is to find the best balance. People need something to come back to after the pandemic, they need jobs.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
My county has been picked for the fast result covid tests to try out.

If I'm offered one, I'm taking it - for me it's the responsible thing to do as I could be asymptomatic and merrily spreading it everywhere.

I'd much rather have an antibody test though. Considering how ill I was in January and the hospital calling it a mystery virus...yeah, I'd like to know if I had covid or just a nasty bout of something else.

And this current lockdown doesn't feel like one...there are slightly less people out but mostly it seems business as usual in terms of just getting on with life. Which is nice to see compared to the last lockdown where people were so afraid and kinda mean with it.

One final thing: honest to goodness thought I'd seen a bear today in the woods (I'm in the UK, this is batcrap insane talk). Turns out it was a gigantic Newfoundland.

Disappointing non-bear is disappointing.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Why support pulling out of the Paris Agreement? According to Trump, his main reason for leaving the Paris Agreement was because the US was following strict pollution guidelines when other countries weren't and should be able to destroy the environment as much as possible in order to be competitive from a business standpoint. I think that's an incredibly selfish viewpoint. Even if other countries aren't following their end of the agreement, we should help save the environment in any way possible. Climate Change is a real issue and there needs to be guidelines to follow. If China doesn't want to follow them, we should deal with them separately and NOT encourage other countries to increase pollution. Of course, there could be other factors here that I am not aware of, but this is how the media (left wing and right wing) presented the argument here. The only difference is that left wing media agencies scolded Trump for desiring to further the destruction of our Planet... and some (not all) right wing media agencies applauded Trump for being tough on the World stage and promoting business.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If Trump had been a member of this forum I might needed to issue him a warning or two for his behavior. :p
Sometimes he did things or said things that made me facepalm, because it was bad taste or just too wrong. But this has another side to it too: I generally like politicians who are anti-politicians. This is why I like Duterte of the Philiphines, and Bolsonaro of Brasil. I know little about what they do but I somewhat know their style (maybe I wouldn't like these two if I knew everything about them).

Trump delivered on his promises mostly, I don't know if there was many promises he didn't keep? That means you can trust him and to me trustworthyness beats style. Trustworthyness beats everything.

His "great wall" didn't go so great, I'm not sure of the reason for this. I do remember it was being obstructed and there was talk about denying the funding needed. Obama maybe built more wall that Trump and that's kinda funny.

Some Trump achievements:
- Pulling the US out of the Paris agreement. This alone is almost enough for me to vote for someone.
- "Threathening" other NATO countries to carry more of the financial burden. We in Europe have underfunded our military for too long. It's time we start paying our share.
- Stricter on immigration.
- Helped make a peace treaty in the Middle East. Nobel Peace Pice next? Trump may deserve it as much as, or maybe even more than Obama (but I never thought Obama deserved it).
- "America first!". Focused more on the home land and less on others. Economically, military and politically.
- Standing up against China and fighting against their unfair trade practices.

I disagreed strongly with Trump on some occasions.
- He did not support Ukraine, it was like he accepted Russia stealing the Crimean peninsula. I'm not sure if he changed his mind on this.
- Covid could have been handled better I'm sure, but I know too few details to be specific.
- He could have shown some support of Black Lives Matters. At the same time as being for law enforcement.
- Hmm. I don't remember anything more at the moment. The rest that I can think of right now are on style (or lack of it), not politics.

There should be a quota for politicians and all officials: MAX 5 TWEETS A WEEK. I'm feeling generous now. I wanted to say max 2. But I have to admit I enjoyed some of the tweet exchanges between Trump and that N. Korean fatman.

I believe that one problem you have, is that so many of your major media houses are politically biased. Real journalism have no bias so it should not be this way.
I agree with nearly all you points here. Also, not just peace agreements in the Middle East, but being the first president in 30+ years to not start any new wars, as well as bring North and South Korea together, even in small capacity, is not to be undersold. I'll take acts like that over getting butthurt that he made fun of a disabled person any day. Is that cruel? Maybe. But clearly those things are more important on a grand scale than him being "mean" to people.

Mr.R

I mean, to me Bolsonaro appears as anti-politician in the way he communicate, he's not as smooth as the typical politician. Maybe I'm wrong here but that's my impression. Another example is the movement/party in Italy, they are called 5-star or sometng similar. I think one of the top heads were a professional comedian, or maybe that was in another country.
This kind of "politicians" feels refreshing.

Yes I know Bolsonaro is not handling covid. That is very worrying.

I'll not pretend I know what the best handling of covid is. For stopping the virus as quickly as possible, full lockdown is needed. But the trick is to find the best balance. People need something to come back to after the pandemic, they need jobs.

He communicates like that because he's...honestly, very uncultured and rough, in a populist way. He's also completely inept to be in the position he is. But this comes on the exterior. He's just as an old politician fox like all the ones we have here. Except he has a lot of fascist traits that are harder to ignore.

I don't know, I would look to New Zealand to see how to handle, or other countries who are doing a somewhat good job. At any rate, here in Brazil we're far from it, this much I'm sure.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
My best friend who has multiple health problems and is currently in hospital just got a positive Covid diagnosis...mercifully she is asymptomatic (considering she is extremely high risk, this is pretty miraculous).

But she may not come home until Christmas thanks to brain scans and surgery and goodness knows what else.

I haven't seen her since June 7th...we normally see each other every week.

Ugh.

Top Bottom