• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Speaking personally, I don't like how RE0 turns what was a lab accident in RE1 into a conspiracy by one of Umbrella's founders that was ordered dead and then re-animated by leeches into an operatic pretty boy to enact his revenge. I'd rather invoke Ockham's razor or have a separate timeline for REmakes (RE0 being closely tied to REmake)

windleopard

Resident Evil 6 wasn't perfect but I did like Leon and Helena's friendship and how well they supported each other.

I remember reading some fandom theory that Leon apparently doesn't have many friends? Anyone able to elaborate on that?

I don't think we need another Wesker for a villain though I liked Alex.

And they really need to expand on who Ada actually works for.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I meant who they are and what their actual goals are.

I know. we can already guess what their goals are.

1. use the virus to create new infected by combining different viruses.
2. try to come with an anti-virus.
3. See how each organism reacts and interacts with the different strain of virus.
4. Sell it to the highest bidder.
5. Use these viruses to improve lives and cure things like cancer...etc

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Ada is just running around trying to be relevant. Her motives, goals and employers change depending on the story and where she needs to fit in to be part of that story.

There are other mercenaries and spies out there so to me it's a bit ridiculous that she keeps popping up with no real purpose or connection to anything other than her so called "employer," who is different every time we see her, and Leon who she constantly deceives and lies to.

It seems that even the improvements they made to Leon's character in the remake couldn't save him from a deceptive vagina in a trench coat. But I guess that's the power of pussy, because she's damn sure not any better at her job than she was in 1998.

I would like to say that Leon's just a green kid but years later during the events of both RE4 and RE6, he's still risking his life for someone who doesn't think twice about him until she can manipulate him or use him for something.

She's like an Instagram "influencer" or a Kardashian. She's looking for relevance.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Okay, this is based more on me observing and filling in the gaps for myself and less on any background information that we don't really get to see in the games (and that the developers keep changing around anyway), but I don't think there's any "they" involved in Ada's life, or at least never for long. She's a freelance agent who makes a living by obtaining hard to get objects for varying employers. The reason why she keeps getting hired to steal bioweapons of all things is because whatever network she's part of knows about her involvement in Raccoon City, which may very well have been her first assignment of this kind, and "experience with zombies and other monsters" probably makes for a helpful entry on her résumé.

RE6 is obviously an exception, since she only gets involved to find out about Simmons and Carla's crimes that were committed in her name, and doesn't walk out with a virus sample in her hands by the end of it. It's also worth noting that she decides to destroy all the evidence of her doppelgänger's existence, rather than using it to clear her name - because there's no one there that she needs to clear her name for, and her loyal pet cat won't judge her. (Here's a bit of my headcanon mixed in.)

In other words: Ada only works for herself in the long run.

windleopard

Ada is just running around trying to be relevant. Her motives, goals and employers change depending on the story and where she needs to fit in to be part of that story.

There are other mercenaries and spies out there so to me it's a bit ridiculous that she keeps popping up with no real purpose or connection to anything other than her so called "employer," who is different every time we see her, and Leon who she constantly deceives and lies to.

It seems that even the improvements they made to Leon's character in the remake couldn't save him from a deceptive vagina in a trench coat. But I guess that's the power of pussy, because she's damn sure not any better at her job than she was in 1998.

I would like to say that Leon's just a green kid but years later during the events of both RE4 and RE6, he's still risking his life for someone who doesn't think twice about him until she can manipulate him or use him for something.

She's like an Instagram "influencer" or a Kardashian. She's looking for relevance.
She didn't deceive or manipulate him in RE 6. Helena is actually the one doing that to Leon. At least in the earlier stages of Leon's campaign. For whatever issues it has, RE 6 is Ada at her most unambiguously heroic.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
She didn't deceive or manipulate him in RE 6. Helena is actually the one doing that to Leon. At least in the earlier stages of Leon's campaign. For whatever issues it has, RE 6 is Ada at her most unambiguously heroic.
She's not heroic by any means. She's just upset that she has a clone out there.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
what if her "employer" isn't actually real but just a cover up or distraction. like the ships in Revelations 1 or something like Veltro.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The Ivan Tyrant is the worst thing to ever come from a Resident Evil game. They are weird looking and not overly scary - they look like comedic alien monsters.

But my MAIN issue with the Ivan Tyrant is that they are said to be Sergei's bodyguards during the course of the RE0 and RE1 games. HUH!? That makes Wesker's T-002 Tyrant speech and research all but useless. Wesker basically implies they will finally see what this base version of the Tyrant can do. However, they have already perfected the Ivan Tyrant, so it's useless. Ivan also makes implications about the efficacy of Mr. X and Nemesis since they were both released a few months later and seem to be inferior??? It's like they didn't care about my feelings at all!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Coming from someone who's never played the original RE2 from 1998, what's the fuss about so many RE2 fans refusing to accept RE3 as the third main installment in the series? After watching this retrospective
there seems to be a huge misunderstanding among fans when it comes to Code Veronica and Nemesis. Some say that CV is the true third installment, and Nemesis is just a spin-off that got promoted to a main installment. When in reality, wasn't both CV and Nemesis originally spin-offs, and there was another third installment in production that got cancelled because of the PS2?

I don't trust YouTube comments, so I'd like to hear the opinion about this from hardcore RE fans on this forum. :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've always considered Nemesis a main game and the third installment to the series. (I also didn't play Nemesis or CVX until after I was old enough to have a job and go hunt for them and buy them myself, so well after their respective release dates.)

When I was in the process of searching for Nemesis though, I did read a few comments like that, and even one that said Capcom themselves promoted CVX as the true third installment. I'm not sure if Nemesis did poorly or wasn't received well or what.

It was always my understanding, however, that they were both main installment titles and not spinoffs that were simply promoted to main title status. Perhaps someone else can help clear that up for the both of us.

Top Bottom