• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

mjk321

In a way, lol.

I think hardcore mode is going to break me. It was pretty easy until I got to the lab hallway where there's two lickers between you and that modulator that turns on the power. Any advice?
when first entering that room from the ladder, throw a grenade in the middle of the 3 sleeping zombies in front of the vending machine. then run to the stairwell where on the way the lickers will show up and just continue running towards the door, they will not follow you through there.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I completed Standard with an S rank to unlock the infinite Samurai Edge before I took on Hardcore, so at least I didn't have to worry about ammo for zombies and could save the more powerful weapons for lickers, etc. If ammo is your problem, I suggest you do the same, because any weapon you unlock will retroactively be put in your item box, even in saves you made before unlocking them.

If that's not the problem, then... just walk past them? (And by that I mean, walk normally, because unlike what some guides will tell you, you don't actually have to move at a snail's pace to avoid them hearing you.) Lickers are very nasty female dogs!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Thanks guys. My problem is getting past the one in front of the door on the way to the modulator. If I shoot him, the other one joins the party and if I try to walk around him, he catches me because that space isn't big enough for the both of us.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I almost beat Tofu. I was in Danger, down to one knife left in the final hallway and a zombie got a lucky back grab and killed me. Gonna try again later tonight.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I almost beat Tofu. I was in Danger, down to one knife left in the final hallway and a zombie got a lucky back grab and killed me. Gonna try again later tonight.

I'm kind of in the same boat with Hunk. I have been getting to the last zombie horde before tragically dying lol. Granted I've only tried a couple times and I'm still optimistic but it's still painful ha.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm kind of in the same boat with Hunk. I have been getting to the last zombie horde before tragically dying lol. Granted I've only tried a couple times and I'm still optimistic but it's still painful ha.
Turo's post on the previous page really helped me. After the video and his tips for subweapons, I beat it on my next try.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Is there any way to unlock the Noir outfits through actual game progression, or do you have to buy them with real-life cash?

Also, are there any other hidden outfits that are unlockable besides the classic outfits?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The only unlockable outfits in the game are alternate versions of the default outfits (wounded Leon, Claire without jacket) and the original outfits with their alternate versions. Everything else has to be bought.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
While I bought the deluxe of RE2 since as much as I have gripes with the game, I want to support this team as much as possible for crafting such a unique remake that's actually filled with love and has care to the source in it.

The fact that former unlocks are paid only, on the other hand...For every plus you gotta give one mess up.
GG Capcom.

Regardless, a low-key thing I like about the RE2make is it can be completed very quickly, or it can take a long while to actually beat the game. It's good for both long and short bursts just by nature so that's a neat thing that I don't see much in games these days.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The fact that former unlocks are paid only, on the other hand...For every plus you gotta give one mess up.
GG Capcom.
While I agree with some of what you're saying, I don't agree with this part. There have ALWAYS been bonuses for buying a certain edition or pre-ordering a game. The content usually becomes available on its own later but you do have to pay for it and I honestly don't see the problem with this.

Everyone who bought the deluxe edition payed for the content as it is more expensive, so tell me why should someone who paid less for the standard edition get what I paid extra for for free?

That's the point of the extra editions. And honestly? $2.99 for the Noir costume pack is still cheaper than what deluxe edition buyers paid for all of the extras.

This is reasonable to me.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
While I agree with some of what you're saying, I don't agree with this part. There have ALWAYS been bonuses for buying a certain edition or pre-ordering a game. The content usually becomes available in its own later but you do have to pay for it and I honestly don't see the problem with this.

Everyone who bought the deluxe edition payed for the content as it is more expensive, so tell me why someone who paid less for the standard edition get what I paid extra for for free?

That's the point of the extra editions. And honestly? $2.99 for the Noir costume pack is still cheaper than what deluxe edition buyers paid for all of the extras.

This is reasonable to me.

Different editions usually come with optional physical goodies, like in the case of the special edition that comes with a Leon statue and all sorts of crap. The fact that costumes and the original soundtrack are hidden behind a paywall is the problem. There shouldn't be a deluxe edition, period.

This is a big problem with video games today in general because it means that developers can get away with selling incomplete products at full retail price and then charge you more later for the rest of it, or in Capcom's case, make it a separate edition on day one. That's why I always wait on fighting games these days. A few months down the road, there will be a complete edition and it'll cost me the same as it did those who bought the incomplete version on day one.

Capcom isn't the only one guilty of this, but it still sucks regardless. I don't recall any of the original Resident Evil games charging more for the in-game unlockable costumes. They were just there. 343 Industries didn't hold the original Halo soundtrack hostage when they remastered it, they left it in there as an option. This should be standard.

We should only be paying extra for stuff that's actually extra. Like the Undead Nightmare DLC campaign in Red Dead Redemption or Saint's Row IV's Christmas themed DLC story. That's legit extra content from developers who respect consumers.

Luckily for me, I got the Deluxe Edition discounted at Best Buy and ended up paying standard price. But still, it sucks for everyone else.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Here's my problem with everything you just said: the game is not incomplete without costumes or the original soundtrack. Those are entirely optional and I have no problems paying for them because I wanted them.

Now Capcom selling half of ORC for $60 and then us having to pay $20, or whatever it was, for the other half, that was ridiculous.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Here's my problem with everything you just said: the game is not incomplete without costumes or the original soundtrack. Those are entirely optional and I have no problems paying for them because I wanted them.

Now Capcom selling half of ORC for $60 and then us having to pay $20, or whatever it was, for the other half, that was ridiculous.

The point is that those things used to be standard and still are depending on the developer. Charging extra for that stuff is ridiculous and they do it because they know they can get away with it. Those costumes or that soundtrack wasn't developed after the game was made. It was deliberately sold off as extra. The story may not be "incomplete" without those things, but it's a shady business tactic nonetheless.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The point is that those things used to be standard and still are depending on the developer. Charging extra for that stuff is ridiculous and they do it because they know they can get away with it. Those costumes or that soundtrack wasn't developed after the game was made. It was deliberately sold off as extra. The story may not be "incomplete" without those things, but it's a shady business tactic nonetheless.
I wouldn't call it shady. I could see if they were charging twenty dollars for a costume but two dollars? Are we really going to quibble over something that isn't even detrimental to the game AT ALL and only costs two dollars?

It wouldn't bug people so much unless they desperately wanted the costumes, which I find hilarious. I wanted the extra stuff so I paid for it and it doesn't bother me. It's extra, that's why it costs extra.

EDIT: I have an important announcement to make: Platinum is mine!!!

And is it weird that I feel closer to Leon now as a result of beating hardcore with him?
Not as close as Claire but still.

Last edited:
Top Bottom