• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Jonipoon - don't even joke about that. That was my fear the ENTIRE game even after beating RE2 REmake like 3 times before. I kept saying to myself ---- Mr. X is about to enter this save room! I KNOW HE IS! THOSE SADISTICCCCCC BASTARDIOS!
Isn't that why we love these games though?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I just feel like something random and unscripted like that could really add to the experience.

One thing I've always thought about recent Resident Evil games is that they have such potential, but never quite realise it. There's so much that they can do to make these games scary, and it wouldn't necessarily be all that difficult. I think just a few small changes could really jazz the series up.

We all know that after playing the game a few times, we get used to enemy placement, or roughly how many enemies are in an area. Imagine how cool it would be to have an unknown to factor in. Imagine that happening at a crucial moment and you have to leave the area and come back when the zombies are either gone, or moved on. It would also be an interesting thing to factor in in terms of ammo and resource management.

I dunno, I just think some simple, small tweaks could really make a difference to the horror, and to the freshness of the overall experience. I suppose this could also lend itself nicely to harder difficulties by making the random events slightly more frequent.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just feel like something random and unscripted like that could really add to the experience.

One thing I've always thought about recent Resident Evil games is that they have such potential, but never quite realise it. There's so much that they can do to make these games scary, and it wouldn't necessarily be all that difficult. I think just a few small changes could really jazz the series up.

We all know that after playing the game a few times, we get used to enemy placement, or roughly how many enemies are in an area. Imagine how cool it would be to have an unknown to factor in. Imagine that happening at a crucial moment and you have to leave the area and come back when the zombies are either gone, or moved on. It would also be an interesting thing to factor in in terms of ammo and resource management.

I dunno, I just think some simple, small tweaks could really make a difference to the horror, and to the freshness of the overall experience. I suppose this could also lend itself nicely to harder difficulties by making the random events slightly more frequent.
I'm totally down for regular enemies being unscripted. I just don't think Nemesis chases should be. Everything else you listed sounds pretty great, plus, once you've downed the enemies (If you choose to do so), you still have time to appreciate the redesigned, rebuilt Racoon City.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I don't necessarily agree that removing the unscripted moments would be a good thing just because Mr. X was so successful. Why would we remove a feature from the original game? It can only add to the experience!

Jonipoon

No matter if some of us want Nemesis to be scripted in the remake of RE3, I don't think Capcom is going to change their winning concept of Mr. X from the RE2 remake. He's been immensely popular on the internet since January and has become such a meme its insane.

Turo602

The King of Kings
No matter if some of us want Nemesis to be scripted in the remake of RE3, I don't think Capcom is going to change their winning concept of Mr. X from the RE2 remake. He's been immensely popular on the internet since January and has become such a meme its insane.

That's actually worrying. Because they're just driving a concept to the ground game after game, and that's gonna reflect badly in its critical reception and overall series identity. They did it before and well, that led to RE4 and RE7. I'd hate to see them abandon horror again just because they don't know how to come up with something new.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I thin kit's too soon to say they won't abandon that. Besides, if you think that R3make is going to be 100% outsourced, and we don't have to worry about what Capcom will or won't change since they won't be the ones making XD Eh, @Turo602

Jonipoon

I thin kit's too soon to say they won't abandon that. Besides, if you think that R3make is going to be 100% outsourced, and we don't have to worry about what Capcom will or won't change since they won't be the ones making XD Eh, @Turo602
My worry is that it'll be 100% outsourced, but it's still just a rumor so I'm not counting out other possibilities just yet.

Outsourced or not, such a vital thing like Nemesis will surely be something Capcom requests from another studio: "Remember to make Nemesis non-scripted", or "Make Nemesis like we made Mr. X", for example.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree that Nemesis needs to feel different from Mr X. BUT Nemesis had scripted and unscripted moments in the original game. They shouldn't change that at all in my opinion. However, unlike Mr. X, Nemesis could easily be lost in these situations. The game would be IMPOSSIBLE if he chased you for long segments of the game since RE3 is much more expansive than other installments, map-wise.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Resident Evil ladies look gorgeous in Sailor Moon uniforms!

girlss1jv4.jpg

And the guys... Absolutely fabulous!

boysc6kvb.jpg

The person who made these costumes for The Sims 4 should get hired by Evil Alliance.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
RE3 being out sourced? What do you mean?

There was a rumour that RE3 wasn’t being made by Capcom, but I think that was just because people were hoping for/thinking that there would be a small time frame between RE2 and RE3’s release dates. Since RE3 wasn’t announced at E3 I doubt that it’s the case.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There was a rumour that RE3 wasn’t being made by Capcom, but I think that was just because people were hoping for/thinking that there would be a small time frame between RE2 and RE3’s release dates. Since RE3 wasn’t announced at E3 I doubt that it’s the case.
Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Remember 1998 through 2005? A Glorious time to be a Resident Evil, and by proxy, a Capcom fan? They gave us everything we wanted. We were as spoiled as Dudley Dursely in Harry Potter. Resident Evil 2? A masterpiece. Resident Evil 4? Reinvented a Genre. Then…Much like Einstein spent his life studying, time kept flowing. And it flowed in one direction for Resident Evil fans. Abysmal. And the flow was in a constant state of abysmal until Resident Evil 7 graced our consoles in 2017. From there, the flow was not only great, but superb! Resident Evil 2 in 2019 to follow up!? It was as if Capcom was an alcoholic abusive father that had spent 3 months in rehab, discovered Jesus, and came home with the ultimate guilt filled apology, and understanding of the error of his ways. We were a family again…for the first time in years. And then Capcom hits the bottle once more…

What are you doing daddy Capcom!? No…Please. No. Stop it. It hurts! I’ll be a good boy! I mean come on…Remember Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? No? No one does. What about The Umbrella Corps. Oh who are we kidding, no even knew that game existed to forget it in the first place. Capcom, did you “Flowers for Algernon” us? Take medicine to become a genius, and improve the world, only for the medicine to wear off, and you become the bumbling, glue eating 37 year old retarded man who can’t even properly spell his name? That must’ve been what happened, because no sane Company would think that this is what its dedicated fans want. A Resident Evil version of a f*cked up, T-Virus infected love child between Friday the 13th and Left4Dead? No thanks, I’d rather sell my first born to Satan in return for becoming the new CEO of Capcom so that I can maybe salvage your worthless company and get back into the good graces of gamers the world over.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...t-evil-project-resistance-at-tokyo-game-show/

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Remember 1998 through 2005? A Glorious time to be a Resident Evil, and by proxy, a Capcom fan? They gave us everything we wanted. We were as spoiled as Dudley Dursely in Harry Potter. Resident Evil 2? A masterpiece. Resident Evil 4? Reinvented a Genre. Then…Much like Einstein spent his life studying, time kept flowing. And it flowed in one direction for Resident Evil fans. Abysmal. And the flow was in a constant state of abysmal until Resident Evil 7 graced our consoles in 2017. From there, the flow was not only great, but superb! Resident Evil 2 in 2019 to follow up!? It was as if Capcom was an alcoholic abusive father that had spent 3 months in rehab, discovered Jesus, and came home with the ultimate guilt filled apology, and understanding of the error of his ways. We were a family again…for the first time in years. And then Capcom hits the bottle once more…

What are you doing daddy Capcom!? No…Please. No. Stop it. It hurts! I’ll be a good boy! I mean come on…Remember Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? No? No one does. What about The Umbrella Corps. Oh who are we kidding, no even knew that game existed to forget it in the first place. Capcom, did you “Flowers for Algernon” us? Take medicine to become a genius, and improve the world, only for the medicine to wear off, and you become the bumbling, glue eating 37 year old retarded man who can’t even properly spell his name? That must’ve been what happened, because no sane Company would think that this is what its dedicated fans want. A Resident Evil version of a f*cked up, T-Virus infected love child between Friday the 13th and Left4Dead? No thanks, I’d rather sell my first born to Satan in return for becoming the new CEO of Capcom so that I can maybe salvage your worthless company and get back into the good graces of gamers the world over.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...t-evil-project-resistance-at-tokyo-game-show/

So... I don't actually think this game will be bad, in fact I look forward to it. I think it will be a fun multiplayer experience not too unlike Mercenaries, which I've always liked, although they changed it up a bit.

I have seen the argument that they should've just made Outbreak again, but to be honest, I didn't enjoy Outbreak. I know, shocking right?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just something to hold us over. REmake2 literally just dropped, they're not going to have a top tier remake or sequel this soon after REmake 2s release.

Don't judge the game too early. I think it has the potential to be a fun game. I also like Mercenaries 3D and it literally had nothing for substance but it was fun. So if they do it right it could be fun. As long as it's entertaining who cares?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So... I don't actually think this game will be bad, in fact I look forward to it. I think it will be a fun multiplayer experience not too unlike Mercenaries, which I've always liked, although they changed it up a bit.

I have seen the argument that they should've just made Outbreak again, but to be honest, I didn't enjoy Outbreak. I know, shocking right?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just something to hold us over. REmake2 literally just dropped, they're not going to have a top tier remake or sequel this soon after REmake 2s release.

Don't judge the game too early. I think it has the potential to be a fun game. I also like Mercenaries 3D and it literally had nothing for substance but it was fun. So if they do it right it could be fun. As long as it's entertaining who cares?
Here's my beef with it...It's a Resident Evil game. This shouldn't be. If it were anything else, or a new Capcom IP, I wouldn't b*tch. But this isn't what I want, or I think most fans want, as part of the RE mythos. Just like I don't want my Sonic the Hedgehog games to be RPG's (Sonic the Dark Brotherhood), my Fallout games to be MMO's (Fallout 76), or my Technical Fighters to start using Auto Combos (Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite). And I certainly don't want my "Horror" titles to be multiplayer. And if it's not a horror game, it shouldn't have Resident Evil in the title. Capcom's track record with multiplayer RE hasn't exactly been well received in the past, and with the information we have so far, I'm not seeing a difference. If this is as souring to other fans, as it is to me so far, it may very well hurt all the good will they've built up with RE7 and/or 2, damaging the idea of the ongoing main title games.

Top Bottom