• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What do you guys think of RE6 going post apocalyptic?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm going to be honest in saying I hate the idea of going post-apocalyptic. First of all, it didn't work well for Extinction, and for some reason the fact in a post-apocalyptic world, only our Resident Evil heroes would survive kind of bugs me. It's like... wow, amazing coincidence, we're all here and everyone else is zombified! If you wipe out half of them, then sure, it's a tad more realistic. And even then, post-apocalypsim feels too final. Like, at the end of the day, I want everything to be brought back to status quo in that little Sally is still playing with her dog Skippy in North Carolina as her mom cooks chicken and waffles. If everyone but Chris Redfield and co. were dead that'd be depressing. It's too cliche, I'm hoping for something a bit more creative out of RE 6. There has to be some kind of containment for me.

Meg

So bin ich eben
I think an non-canon RE game that's a post-apocalytic might be cool. I agree if the heroes from past games just "happen" to be the ones that survive that would be....lame. I say it should feature an all new hero/heroine that has no idea what the flip Umbrella is or anything like that. The game could start out with them just trying to survive and then as is goes on they start to piece together what happened: Evil Alien Asparagus invaded and everyone who didn't get enough broccoli died and became zombies! :eek: (Meaning I would live. :cool:)

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I reckon they should bring the fear back into it. I used to love the games because they gave me a good fright, but RE 4 and 5 let me down. It turned to more action. I don't mind action, but I just hope they add fear to it- like Revelations.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Guess we were almost right about the apocalyptic idea. Seems like the world is being pulled straight into it's own personal little hell in this one; everything happening from Ohio to Europe and China. Guys....be ready. This is the biggest thing Capcom has ever done. Better not be a let down.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Guess we were almost right about the apocalyptic idea. Seems like the world is being pulled straight into it's own personal little hell in this one; everything happening from Ohio to Europe and China. Guys....be ready. This is the biggest thing Capcom has ever done. Better not be a let down.
Yup...We kinda were on the right track...This isn't exactly post apcoalyptic...But the apocalypse itself possibly...

Top Bottom