• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Just picked up where I left in Resident Evil 0, RDR2 got in the way and delayed my playthrough for over a month. I really hate the leech men, they are some of the most frustrating enemies I've encountered in any video game. Nevertheless, as of now I've managed to reach the Treatment Plant.

urrutiap

Previously all this month ive been playing Just Cause 2 for my Playstation 3.

In March though, I am planning on going back old school hooking up and plugging in my old 19 inch Sansui tv along with my original Playstation to play old stuff from Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Legend of Legaia , Driver, Driver 2, Star Trek Invasion, and Legend of Dragoon

SentryUnit

Been playing Resident Evil 2 remake but that G3 part of william birkin on hardcore is making me rage quit so many times until I switch to Battlefield 1 or Red Dead Redemption 2.

Also play Project Cars 2 and Gt Sport.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I let a friend borrow my copy of RE2 so I am waiting to play the DLC still.

But Kingdom Hearts III has been a welcome relaxing game after that nerve killer. I am thinking of Platinuming KHIII if I get close enough to my goals by the final battle and post game.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I started The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild roughly a year ago now. I stopped playing it so that I could catch up with other games that came out a few months later.

I'm now back playing Breath of the Wild and I'm focusing my energies on completing it - yes, that includes getting every single Korok. :p

black 93

Im replaying the Arkham series for the first time in god knows how long. Personal thoughts....Arkham Asylum is the most charming and atmospheric, Arkham City is slightly overrated but still fantastic, Arkham Origins is severely underrated, has the best boss fights and Roger Craig Smith does a great job as does Troy Baker. Arkham Knight is brilliant, though it is a classic example of stumbling just before the finish line. The Riddler stuff is soooooo addictive....iv been literally sat for 6 hours collecting trophies.....

Turo602

The King of Kings
Im replaying the Arkham series for the first time in god knows how long. Personal thoughts....Arkham Asylum is the most charming and atmospheric, Arkham City is slightly overrated but still fantastic, Arkham Origins is severely underrated, has the best boss fights and Roger Craig Smith does a great job as does Troy Baker. Arkham Knight is brilliant, though it is a classic example of stumbling just before the finish line. The Riddler stuff is soooooo addictive....iv been literally sat for 6 hours collecting trophies.....

I've played through the main trilogy at the start of last year and I'm glad to see someone else who thinks Arkham Knight is brilliant. I definitely agree about the others as well. But, I don't think I necessarily agree that Arkham City is overrated. It heavily improved on Asylum in so many ways, with its more fluid combat, meaningful side missions, better boss fights, and drastically improved riddler trophy puzzles. Very worthy of its 10/10 praise at the time. The only thing Asylum really has over it is what you said, the charm and atmosphere. It really captures the essence of Batman and is just so heavily riddled with references, bringing a sense of history to the world. Not that the other games aren't the same in that regard, but the Arkham setting is just so iconic to Batman and is kind of a character all on its own.

However, I don't like how people dismiss Arkham Origins. Origins has a little more tedium than necessary, but overall, is a very similar experience to Arkham City with much better overall boss fights, and some interesting new quirks that don't really make or break the experience. Definitely underrated.

Arkham Knight is easily the best one for me. I get the backlash towards the Batmobile, but I think it's way too overblown. People focus too much on how much it's used, rather than how well it's used. It's implemented in some very clever ways and further adds to the feeling of Batman. Not to mention, how good it feels to control. That to me far outweighs the negatives, because even though it is used so much and does hinder certain boss fights, boss fights weren't really ever a strong suit of this series with some exceptions of course, and there's so much to do as Batman that you don't ever really feel like you're being forced to be in the Batmobile when you could be Batman. But that aside, the gameplay and story is just on a whole other level with this one. It's just so damn good.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My game time is currently split between Magic The Gathering Arena and Elder Scrolls Online since the release of Elsweyr.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I just recompleted the first two Arkham games for the second time and I had a blast. I agree that Arkham Asylum has the most charm. It doesn't go overboard and is literally in the JUST RIGHHHHHT part of the scale.

And I agree that Origins is underrated. I do think it is the worst in the series, but that is only because the other 3 games are SO good.

Arkham Knight is overrated because there is just TOO much relying on the Batmobile. Every time a new boss is introduced, you get a new Batmobile death match. There are very few good boss battles in Knight when the others all have some of the best battles in gaming history. However, Arkham Knight has some of the best controls and responses in a game. Every moment is so fluid.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Arkham Knight is overrated because there is just TOO much relying on the Batmobile. Every time a new boss is introduced, you get a new Batmobile death match. There are very few good boss battles in Knight when the others all have some of the best battles in gaming history. However, Arkham Knight has some of the best controls and responses in a game. Every moment is so fluid.

How is Arkham Knight overrated if it's criticized for just that by everyone and often overlooked as a result?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
How is Arkham Knight overrated if it's criticized for just that by everyone and often overlooked as a result?

This game deserves to be played by anyone who enjoyed the series. However, it has the worst boss battles in the series due to the over reliance on the Batmobile. This is a just criticism in my opinion. Yet - I suppose I do not thinks it's overrated. I think it is just "rated". As in most people view the game accurately in it's place in the Arkham canon.

Turo602

The King of Kings
This game deserves to be played by anyone who enjoyed the series. However, it has the worst boss battles in the series due to the over reliance on the Batmobile. This is a just criticism in my opinion. Yet - I suppose I do not thinks it's overrated. I think it is just "rated". As in most people view the game accurately in it's place in the Arkham canon.

I would disagree considering how much better Arkham Knight does everything else than the other games. While the boss fights are weak, they were terrible in Arkham Asylum and nothing special in Arkham City, aside from Mr. Freeze. Origins is the only game to have done boss fights great all around the board, yet is often overlooked as the weakest in the series. I tend to see this game viewed in a negative light based on this one criticism, and I think that makes it underrated as is Origins, because each game in this series has been incredible and that should be recognized more often, but gamers and critics are fickle.

black 93

I adore the Batmobile. I can understand why the tank stuff can be a turn off for some players, but to me it was the final piece needed to feel like Batman. Nothing beats driving along, flying out of the top of the car straight into a group of thugs and brawling. You feel like such a badass and an imposing force in this world with thugs constantly screaming "It's Batman!!!" in utter fear. Arkham Knight truly achieved something great to me in the sense that no matter whats thrown at you, you don't feel helpless. The assault on GCPD section is a great example. Literally 50 tanks, helicopters, brute's, medics, armed guys, guns, stun sticks, shields, everything is thrown at you and you still feel like 'this is possible, i can do this'. I love returning to GCPD and seeing my progress in the form of the cells filling up, theres a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment with Knight, and the sheer amount of content, batsuits, racetracks, DLC episodes, it's a great game and the tank stuff simply isn't enough to drag it down to me.

Turo602

The King of Kings
This game has eluded me for so many years, but I finally got my hands on Vanquish and holy sh*t, it's a lot of fun. It's quite challenging and it takes some getting used to it, but this is definitely one of the best action games I've ever played.

I think my biggest gripe with it and what I feel makes it so challenging is how fast your slow-mo/action meter drains and how long it takes to charge. I haven't finished the game yet, so I don't know if that ever gets upgraded, but that's definitely been the cause of most of my deaths.

Graphically, it holds up, but the visual style is just so flat and lacks any real charm, but there's so much going on all the time and you'll get so lost in the spectacle that it doesn't really matter. The story is a bunch of mumbo jumbo and the characters try too hard to be cool and it just ends up coming off like a parody of Metal Gear Solid.

But top notch visuals and an amazing compelling story isn't why anyone would play Vanquish. This is pure adrenaline action and yet another underrated Platinum Games gem.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Currently mostly just playing the mobile Dragon Ball Legends game. IDK why, but I haven't been huge into console games as of late.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Still on that MK11. Shang Tsung just became available for Kombat Pack and I'm excited to try him out. Can't wait to see what they did with Sindel and all the other characters that they're releasing in the future.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't know why but I could never get into Mortal Kombat, not even the reboot. Yet, I've really been digging Injustice lately. Missed out on the first one when it originally came out and kind of messed around with it for a bit and played through the story so I can get to Injustice 2. Haven't played it in a few months but I just recently started playing it again and it's gotta be my favorite fighting game since Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Smash Bros. Ultimate if that counts.

I don't know how much Injustice borrows from Mortal Kombat, but I do find it strange how much I enjoyed Injustice 2 but not Mortal Kombat XL, which is a shame too because the last 3 MK games have looked really good.

Top Bottom