• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
What a week!

I "finished" Samurai Warriors 4 if that even means anything. I finished all of the stories and then dominated the map of Japan and then basically trophy hunted what I could without losing my mind.

Then I BLASTED THROUGH Life Is Strange: Before The Storm. I really enjoyed it, but I did not expect it to be so short. An intense and emotional burst of story is all it needed though since if you played Life Is Strange, you know what happens to these character in a matter of years and it is a SHIRE tragedy. I'll wait a while before playing Life Is Strange 2 because I don't want to feel existential for a while.

Then I started playing Need For Speed Payback in my downstairs PS4 so my fiancee could sleep knowing I was in the same room. I am not one for racing games unless they're kart racers, but since I haven't played a racing game in about a decade, it felt great to readjust and get in to the swing of it. Driving feels great, and the story is clearly inspired by the Fast and Furious franchise, but hey, isn't that what I want in a Need For Speed game? I don't know if I'll play to the end, but I could see me enjoying it for a while longer!

Tonight though - I will pop in one of my Xmas games in to the UPSTAIRS PS4. Tonight, after 14 years since I beat the original, I will play and DESTROY FFXII The Zodiac Age. I have my classes all planned out and I can't wait to start it up and have a new experience combined with a familiar one.

Kingxx

If I were to give advice to beginners in the game of EVE without hesitation, I would say that one of the most important things that can be done is Buy Skill injectors. Whether it's a game or not, skill injectors are an important part of ourselves. Skill injectors allows us to develop to the highest level, therefore I Buy Skill injectors every time I have such an opportunity. The game may seem difficult and complicated at first, but I promise it will change with Buy Skill injectors

https://odealo.com/games/eve-online/items

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Been progressing very slowly through Red Dead Redemption II for nearly 2 months now. This game is just absolutely phenomenal. By far the most immersive game I've ever played with its insane attention to detail, realistic world, methodical pace, consistent NPCs, and multitude of random scenarios and encounters at every turn. I never thought I'd love this game more than the first one which really resonated with me when I first played it, but it's undeniably superior in just about every aspect so far.

I've also been juggling between Injustice 2 and Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on the side. Capcom has really disappointed me this generation with their fighters, so I got into Injustice at the right time because Injustice 2 has easily become my favorite fighting game since Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I'm so addicted to unlocking gear to make each character look the way I want them to and it feels so great being able to seamlessly switch between both Red Dead Redemption II and Injustice 2 on the Series X. This feature has honestly spoiled me.

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid has been quite a surprise for me though. It's super easy to pick up and learn with its simplistic directional inputs that don't require any special thumb movements, yet it can still be difficult to master which is great for the competitive scene. But I'm by no means a pro at fighting games, so I'm glad it's so easy to pick up and play because I've been having so much more fun with this than I thought I would. It actually brings me back to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fighting game on the Sega Genesis, except it's so much better, even for a lower budget game that initially launched completely bare bones.

I'm glad they've kept supporting the game all this time though because it's such a competent package now with its Marvel vs Capcom esque 3v3 battles and satisfying fast paced combat. It's just great to see a Power Rangers game get so much love and attention and I really hope this can grow into a larger franchise with a bigger budget sequel. I'm surprised they were even able to get some of the original voice actors for this game, but there's definitely so much more they can do with the zords, animations, and super moves. Regardless, I'm just glad I can recreate the Green Ranger vs the Red Ranger or team them up against other Rangers and villains with some great fighting mechanics.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Injustice 2 plays SO well. I played it in the Summer of 2020 and I had so much fun with it. Every character feels unique and the level designs are fantastic. As most DC properties do, things skew heavily towards Batman and his rogues gallery, but I wont complain about that. And luckily for us, I think it is almost time for an Injustice 3 to be announced. I mean, I dont think MK11 is going to be adding much more DLC content unless theyre adding extra fighters, so their next project should be their focus for now I guess.

I ended up being really good with Batman, Green Arrow, and Supergirl.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm Replaying all the re game in chronological order again, waiting for village

As of now i played:
Resident Evil directors cut
Resident evil 0
Resident evi remake
Resident evil 2
Resident evil 2 remake
Resident evil 3: nemesis
Resident evil 3 remake

I'm currently playing operation raccon city, even if it's not canon i decided to replay it, because I remember having fun whit it the first time i played it, exploring old location from re 2 and re 3 was really fun

Also its sad that operation raccon city have all the re 3 location that were cut from the remake, it even did a decent job repro posing them and also expanding them, like city hall for example or the hospital
It even have the clock tower, the park and cemetery, all interconnected between them and there is also the dead factory
The city design is even better here than in the remake
The remake was really poorly done, this location would have bot only looked awesome but also been amazing for the whole story in re 3 remake

Clock tower
Lx2HcPJ.jpg

Inside the clock tower
g8aCrZo.jpg

Dead factory
eEvzWyw.jpg

Cemetery
uk5cWq3.jpg

Cemetery
9b7Ap0I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
So I've been replaying GTAV since I felt like it.

I gotta say, the story is better retrospectively than when it first released. I remember beating it back and the day and just going "Eh. It was fine."
While now I like it a lot more just because it's been far more enjoyable than a lot of the other games I've since tried. So good for them.

I think competition for GTA would be great though given how terrible Take 2 is in general.

D

Deleted member 21244

I have never played ORC, but I would still like to. Maybe RE8 will ignite my passion to play it... WHEN I have the time!
It's a fun game, if you take for what it is, a low budget multiplayer spin off
It's fun to see location, character, enemy and iconic moment from re 2 and 3, it was actually a welcome return to raccoon city when it came out in 2012

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and the RE3 Remake right now.
Nice choices. I havent played Valhalla yet because I like to give Ubisoft a wide berth to correct issues in their games before actually playing them. lol. But I did enjoy Odyssey a lot, so I am sure to love Valhalla.

We have a whole forum for RE3 REmake discussions - pop in and give us some of your opinions! Always up for a good debate/someone agreeing with me. lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I never play demos so I can feel like I havent spoiled anything for myself, but since this demo is a separate tale, I might go in on it (when it comes out on PS4 haha)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've actually played quite a lot these last couple of weeks.

I played Code Veronica for the very first time, and I have to say, I loved it. I wish I'd got to it sooner.

I played Link's Awakening, which was very charming and a nice light game to play. I had a lot of fun with this one.

I started playing Mario 64 around the beginning of December (I think). I left off from that for various reasons, but I went back and finished it yesterday. I had so much fun playing this game, so many nostalgic moments from my childhood.

Now, I've just started Little Nightmares. I'm not very far in but it seems good.

I also went back to Fall Guys and play it every now and again. Still such a fun game, in my opinion, and a great time passer if you just want something to casually play.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Welcome to the Code Veronica club! It is a masterpiece (even with the level of overacting sometimes.) Think you have any hot takes from your playthrough that youd like to post in the CV thread? Id love to start new conversations about the last classic RE title! I guess RE0 counts too, but it is a special game.

I started playing MK11 last night and I am ALREADY stuck on the tutorial. It is optional, but I like easy trophies. There is one combo I just can NOT do. I tried it like 100 times yesterday and I am thinking about just skipping it and asking my brother to do it for me. haha

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Welcome to the Code Veronica club! It is a masterpiece (even with the level of overacting sometimes.) Think you have any hot takes from your playthrough that youd like to post in the CV thread? Id love to start new conversations about the last classic RE title! I guess RE0 counts too, but it is a special game.
I'll have a think about what to post in the CV section!

I'm wondering whether or not to get the platinum, but four hours for the speed run (at least, think it's four hours) seems tough when I'm an insufferable hoarder and want to pick ever single item up!

I'm also still not over my attempt of a speed run in Remake where I had a literally perfect run ruined by Lisa Trevor charging at me so that I fell off the edge of the platform. There wasn't any warning after the scene loaded, haha. I don't know if that's ruined classic RE speed runs for me! So we'll see.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jen - I am the SAME way. I wish I could move on in a game without grabbing everything. But I can hardly beat these games on normal difficulty, so not exploring for every last scrap of ammo hurts me. I didnt even try it with RE2 REmake. I dont think I could handle it with CV at ALL.

Angel - No need for shame! Among Us is a fun little distraction. I typically have more fun watching people play it than actually playing it though. haha.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Jen - I am the SAME way. I wish I could move on in a game without grabbing everything. But I can hardly beat these games on normal difficulty, so not exploring for every last scrap of ammo hurts me. I didnt even try it with RE2 REmake. I dont think I could handle it with CV at ALL.

Angel - No need for shame! Among Us is a fun little distraction. I typically have more fun watching people play it than actually playing it though. haha.
I'm the opposite. In REmake2 I very rarely grab ammo. Its too easy to just dodge or go around enemies for the most part. Once you get to the sewer it gets a little more difficult but for those most part I grab grenades and shotgun/flamethrower ammo and thats it.

Mr.R

I've been playing Assassins's Creed Odyssey for...three months now? I had to get a little break though. I love a lot of what the game brings. I love Greek history (and mythology), i love the new combat system, the game is absolutely beautiful and I really like Kassandra as a character. But dear Lord this game is unnecessarily big. It's amazing when you see the first cities, the big temples and all, but then you get to a point where you see the assets being utilized again and again and it loses a little of its magic. The Legend of the First Blade DLC was very good and the only thing left for me to do is the last DLC, Fate of Atlantis. I did most of the side missions I found (character ones, not the generic ones), cleared camps and all that stuff, but I'm kinda burned from the game, so I gave it a little time and I've been playing RE5 (since I bought on the PS4 back at the Christmas sale) and some Need for Speed Heat, but I'll be back to Odyssey soon, take a long breath and finally finish up that journey. It wasn't a bad one, but it didn't needed to be so long.

Top Bottom