• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which next gen console are you purchasing for RE8?

What are ya buyin?

• PS5

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21244

Same. I watched my brother play some Skyrim. It did look like fun, but I had so many games to play at the time and never got around to it. If ES6 does come to PS5, I'll consider playing it. But I am okay if I miss out.
Same, also it's becoming harder and harder to play and finish open world game that last 100 hours

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Definitely Xbox for me. PlayStation’s lack of backwards compatibility for its massive history is frustrating and I don’t want to keep buying new ones each generation while keeping old ones to play old games. If PlayStation 6 comes around someday, and I can pop the original Silent Hill into it and play it from day one, PS will have won me back.

D

Deleted member 21244

Definitely Xbox for me. PlayStation’s lack of backwards compatibility for its massive history is frustrating and I don’t want to keep buying new ones each generation while keeping old ones to play old games. If PlayStation 6 comes around someday, and I can pop the original Silent Hill into it and play it from day one, PS will have won me back.
Actually xbox don't have backward compatibility, you can play old game from Xbox and Xbox 360 on game pass, same goes for playatation where you can play ps2 and ps3 game trought psnow...
The only difference is that Xbox game pass have more game and it's definitely better than the psnow, but i assume psnow will grow trought time

Also ps5 have full ps4 backward compatibility trough hardware

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
What I mean is, if they can’t make a console where I can pop in any game from any generation of PS, 1-5, then I’m not interested. Having one or two generations of backwards compatibility is not enough for me. Xbox only has 3 current generations, and they are working to bring nearly all games from those generations into the fold in their current one, so I side with them for now. PS needs to get one it and make universal PS gaming a thing.

D

Deleted member 21244

What I mean is, if they can’t make a console where I can pop in any game from any generation of PS, 1-5, then I’m not interested. Having one or two generations of backwards compatibility is not enough for me. Xbox only has 3 current generations, and they are working to bring nearly all games from those generations into the fold in their current one, so I side with them for now. PS needs to get one it and make universal PS gaming a thing.
If Sony decide to expand psnow we will have backward compatibility but right now none of the two have Real backward compatibility, also not all of the Xbox and Xbox 360 game are on the game pass

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
Not all, but most, and they’re working on adding more if possible. It’s still better than what PA currently allows, which only goes back to PS3 at best. It may not be actual backwards compatibility, it’s good enough for me if it means I can play more games from more generations on one machine. So far, at best, you need a PS2 for the first two gens, then a PS4 for the next two, and now PS5 is still somewhat questionable. Xbox will be able to go all the way back to the original in an admittedly limited capacity, but it’s still more than PS can currently do.

Holding out hope that next gen they both wise up and let us have access to EVERYTHING via a single console each, and then I can get both and leave it at just those and get rid of the old ones.

D

Deleted member 21244

Not all, but most, and they’re working on adding more if possible. It’s still better than what PA currently allows, which only goes back to PS3 at best. It may not be actual backwards compatibility, it’s good enough for me if it means I can play more games from more generations on one machine. So far, at best, you need a PS2 for the first two gens, then a PS4 for the next two, and now PS5 is still somewhat questionable. Xbox will be able to go all the way back to the original in an admittedly limited capacity, but it’s still more than PS can currently do.

Holding out hope that next gen they both wise up and let us have access to EVERYTHING via a single console each, and then I can get both and leave it at just those and get rid of the old ones.
Psnow have ps2 game too but they re actually few
I hope they decide to expand it
Xbox game pass is still better, but just remember that game have a limited time there, only exclusive last forever, so maybe if they add a xbox 360 game, it can no longer be available the next month

I just hope one day i can put my ps1 and ps2 disk into my ps console and play them whit no problem

Turo602

The King of Kings
What the hell is this nonsense now? Xbox doesn't have backwards compatibility? Of course it does. I don't understand what Gamepass has to do with anything.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm getting it for PS5, but I'll agree with Rain, it's really bad phrasing. The right question should be: which console are you buying RE8 for?

That's assuming I manage to get one in a timely fashion, which I'm having no such luck so far. Every store is sold out of preorders. :cry: I went to my local GameStop and they said pre-orders went live yesterday morning and they ran out in no time.

I'm gonna keep trying, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm getting it for PS5, but I'll agree with Rain, it's really bad phrasing. The right question should be: which console are you buying RE8 for?

That's assuming I manage to get one in a timely fashion, which I'm having no such luck so far. Every store is sold out of preorders. :cry: I went to my local GameStop and they said pre-orders went live yesterday morning and they ran out in no time.

I'm gonna keep trying, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Yesterday they confirmed re 8 will be available for this current gen console, even if they are not promising it to happen

So you can play re 8 on you're current console if you aren't going to buy a next gen console any time soon

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Yesterday they confirmed re 8 will be available for this current gen console, even if they are not promising it to happen

So you can play re 8 on you're current console if you aren't going to buy a next gen console any time soon

PS5s should be in stock by then, so no biggie.

But yeah, it's depressing trying to get one at launch.

D

Deleted member 21244

PS5s should be in stock by then, so no biggie.

But yeah, it's depressing trying to get one at launch.
Do you believe me I tryed hardly to find one at launch?

As soon as the pre order started on Amazon i went on the site trying to buy one but they were all sold out after 5 minutes
I manage to pre order one on multiplayer.com but it wil be delivered on late December first of January lol but i hope not

I also preordered one at my town game shop but he says there is no guarantee to get one at day one

It's seem impossible to have a ps5 on day one

@Teen Tyrant it look like xbox series x will have backward compatibility by just putting the disk into it, it was a mistake of mine, i did confuse the list of backwards compatible game whit the Xbox game pass list, thinking they were only available whit game pass to play, my bad
But only 568 game from Xbox 360 and 39 game from the original Xbox are currently playable

Here's the list if you are interested

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Do you believe me I tryed hardly to find one at launch?

As soon as the pre order started on Amazon i went on the site trying to buy one but they were all sold out after 5 minutes
I manage to pre order one on multiplayer.com but it wil be delivered on late December first of January lol but i hope not

I also preordered one at my town game shop but he says there is no guarantee to get one at day one

It's seem impossible to have a ps5 on day one

@Teen Tyrant it look like xbox series x will have backward compatibility by just putting the disk into it, it was a mistake of mine, i did confuse the list of backwards compatible game whit the Xbox game pass list, thinking they were only available whit game pass to play, my bad
But only 568 game from Xbox 360 and 39 game from the original Xbox are currently playable

Here's the list if you are interested
'Only 568'??? That's a hell of a lot of games and a lot are big titles. Plus they're going to keep adding to that figure as time goes on. PlayStation literally said they can't do backwards compatibility full stop, and PlayStation Now is absolute crap. You can't compare true backwards compatibility to streaming games that you don't even own if you cancel your subscription. So much for that video that they made last generation mocking Xbox's lack of accessibility with secondhand games...

I'm getting PlayStation for my own reasons (mainly because I prefer the exclusives and my friends play PlayStation), but honestly, Xbox are wiping the floor with them.

D

Deleted member 21244

'Only 568'??? That's a hell of a lot of games and a lot are big titles. Plus they're going to keep adding to that figure as time goes on. PlayStation literally said they can't do backwards compatibility full stop, and PlayStation Now is absolute crap. You can't compare true backwards compatibility to streaming games that you don't even own if you cancel your subscription. So much for that video that they made last generation mocking Xbox's lack of accessibility with secondhand games...

I'm getting PlayStation for my own reasons (mainly because I prefer the exclusives and my friends play PlayStation), but honestly, Xbox are wiping the floor with them.
Infact i didn't compare anything, and i sayd it myself xbox have better service whit game pass, i was just misinformed whit the backward compatibility lol

Yeah it's true you don't own game if you're subscribtion is off, but remember that Microsoft is putting all its effort in game pass right now, a streaming service that let you play game that you don't even own if you subscribtion its off lol

Microsoft did deserve that mocking video by Sony during last gen, Microsoft was total crap at that time, and sometimes it's still saying bull**** this day, (not that Sony is doing better) but have a long way to wipe out Sony

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Ps5 but probably not a launch. I'm not I a. Rush for it. I Havnt decided if I will get the digital one or the disc version yet though. I want confirmation that all my ps4 games will work on it first before I made a decision.

I don't actually care about being able to play any older gen games than current so that's not a big selling point to me, but there are some things I still like to play on ps4 currently.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Infact i didn't compare anything, and i sayd it myself xbox have better service whit game pass, i was just misinformed whit the backward compatibility lol

Yeah it's true you don't own game if you're subscribtion is off, but remember that Microsoft is putting all its effort in game pass right now, a streaming service that let you play game that you don't even own if you subscribtion its off lol

Microsoft did deserve that mocking video by Sony during last gen, Microsoft was total crap at that time, and sometimes it's still saying bull**** this day, (not that Sony is doing better) but have a long way to wipe out Sony

You didn't know what you were talking about? What a shocker.

The fact of the matter is that you keep trying to downplay Xbox even though you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Just like how you feel the need to downplay Gamepass even though you have no idea how the service works. It's not a streaming service, you download the games, and are offered discounts to purchase the game. Even then, nobody was talking about Gamepass but you felt compelled to be like "well this is like that too."

Mr.R

I thought I had commented here before, but alas, I didn't. Well, I'll go with PS5, but probably only in 2022. Brazilian gaming console prices are stupidly high and honestly, I'm not a fan of picking up consoles in their first year or so. Let them iron their software issues and things like that. By 2022 I believe not only everything will be running smooth with the console and upgrades (and the price will be a little lower), but there'll be some good game options to choose and have fun, instead of better ports of the PS4 generation (and the fact that Horizon 2's gonna have a PS4 port makes me even more happy on staying with it for 2021. Not only that, but I picked up my PS4 on the end of 2018, so there's still a lot of good games I haven't played yet, but I want to, like Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, Dishonored 2, Outer Worlds and many others).

As for RE8, I really hope they can work and release a PS4 port, like they said (although no promises were made). If they do, I'll certainly play on the PS4 first (although I'm pretty sure I won't be picking up on launch, if the port happens. What I've been seeing on RE8 doesn't seems enough for a full launch price for now, at least on my opinion.)

D

Deleted member 21244

You didn't know what you were talking about? What a shocker.

The fact of the matter is that you keep trying to downplay Xbox even though you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Just like how you feel the need to downplay Gamepass even though you have no idea how the service works. It's not a streaming service, you download the games, and are offered discounts to purchase the game. Even then, nobody was talking about Gamepass but you felt compelled to be like "well this is like that too."
I repeated multiple time that Microsoft is doing better service whit game pass, and that it was a mistake of mine regarding backward compatibility, i never downplay it
I only responded to jen downplaying of ps now and ps5 backward compatibility

Why don't you go back on Twitter downplaying everything you don't like and calling people idiot or else whit no reason XD?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I still have a PS2 so I can play every PS game I own since 1996. I don't know why they refuse to add backwards compatibility. But honestly, I want all of the old games with trophies added to give me new goals to strive for. I would never attempt to Platinum old school horror survival games (too hard man), but I could eat through the classic jRPGs of the 90s (Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, Star Ocean: The Second Story, etc.)

Top Bottom