• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Desperatly Needed Art Section

A_Wesker123

The Original
I'm all for an art section. It'd be great for REN's artists to have a place to show their work, and i'm looking for a new Resident Evil related desktop background ;)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
My immediate reaction is this might be a good idea. But how many art topics do we have? Five? And as some are RE oriented and others are unrelated to RE, do we have enough topics to justify a new forum for them?

LordGolbez

My immediate reaction is this might be a good idea. But how many art topics do we have? Five? And as some are RE oriented and others are unrelated to RE, do we have enough topics to justify a new forum for them?

It's A Good Thing That You Brought This Up Actually Because I Think That They Should All Grouped Together Seeing As How We Don't Have A Massive Amount.

A Solution To The RE Related Artwork Would Be To Have Maybe A Thread For Specifically RE Based Work And I Am Sure That More Artists Would Make Threads Should They Know We Had Section For It. On The Same Token To Keep From Having A Mass Surge Of Threads Each Artist Could Start Their Own And It Be Reserved For Non-RE Work And Praise.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
You guys are making it too complicated. Just 1 section for ALL art. And I think the reason that Only a couple threads have been made for art, is because we don't have A section strictly for art. I know that once A section is put up that A bunch of people will Start posting their artwork, even ones that haven't posted in here, or posted any artwork in this forum before.

LordGolbez

You guys are making it too complicated. Just 1 section for ALL art. And I think the reason that Only a couple threads have been made for art, is because we don't have A section strictly for art. I know that once A section is put up that A bunch of people will Start posting their artwork, even ones that haven't posted in here, or posted any artwork in this forum before.

I Don't Think I Am Making The Image In My Head Clear. We Have The Section For All Of The Art, But Within The Section We Have A Sticky Thread To Those That Just Want To Find Resident Evil Art And Maybe A Thread For Each Artist For Non-Resident Evil Work And Praise.

Now The Reason That I Say We Have A Separate Thread For Each Artist Is Because When Someone Sees And Awesome Picture In A Thread And Comes Back Later To Find It, It Could Be Buried Underneath Tons Of Other Works, Some Of Which May Not Be What They Are Looking For. If They Can Remember The Artist's Name They Go To The Corresponding Thread And There You Go.

I Do Agree With You That If We Had A Section That More People Would Post Art And Could Garner New Membership.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
If we could get a section for artwork, and maybe have a thread for each artist (of course the artist creates the thread) then I will post all of my artwork, including signatures I've made over time. I've been thinking really hard on getting back into creating more than just signatures again..like I used to, so as Raavyn said..I'll start posting my artwork more.

I think this is a good idea, I really do. And who knows, we could have people join in the future who're artists. So the future members can have their own threads too. We'll never know unless we give it a go. Ya know what I mean? :)

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
I Do Agree With You That If We Had A Section That More People Would Post Art And Could Garner New Membership.

I wasn't trying to say we would gain new members from outside the forum, I was saying that once an Art section is opened up, that people will post art that have never posted their artwork befor. We'll find all these members that are active here that draw, that we never knew drew. (I wanted to say drewt sooo bad lololol)

LordGolbez

I wasn't trying to say we would gain new members from outside the forum, I was saying that once an Art section is opened up, that people will post art that have never posted their artwork befor. We'll find all these members that are active here that draw, that we never knew drew. (I wanted to say drewt sooo bad lololol)

I Knew That You Meant That People Who Are Already Members Of The The Forum Would Post Their Works In The Art Section But I Also Feel That If We Had A Section We Could Garner New People And Also Have More People Active That Are Already Members.

Sorry Sometimes I Know What I Want To Say It's Just It Doesn't Come Out Like I Want It Too.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Tell you what - let me run this past Steve and see what he reckons. I'll let you guys know what the decision is although seeing as our other fansites have art/fiction areas it shouldn't be too much trouble. I'll speak to the organ grinder all the same :)

Top Bottom