• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

dragon ball z

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
perhaps i'll check it out then...

If your a fan of the storyline, if you love the fights, and if either Goku or Vegeta is your favorite character, I guarantee you will love it once you get used to Gohan's new voice (the other new voices aren't as bothersome). But hey, at least Gohan sounds smart now (like he's supposed to be).

T-Vaccinated Kid

Yup, Goku is my favorite, him and Trunks...

Mecha Frieza is badass in KAI. The part where Future Trunks shows up has always been one of my favorite scenes.

Oh and about the blood color, I was mistaken. They don't show reddish blood on nicktoons for sure, but on the uncensored version they do change it a little. It looks a little orangish so its not exactly blood red. But you can barely tell. I was confused 'cause on certain parts they did change the color of the blood do make the effect more realistic. Like when someone gets blasted in the face originally they had a bloody face, but in KAI some of the blood was changed to black to make it look scorched.

Still I can't stress how much better the dialouge is. Just the other day I watched an episode of KAI and then went and watched the original scene on youtube. It was the scene where Piccolo beats Android 20 and Trunks shows up. For one thing the voices in the original version were horrible. Over the years Chris Sabat has gotten SOOO much better at doing the Vegeta and Piccolo voices. He has them perfected by now and thats what you hear in KAI. Second the lines have been completely rewritten and not only do they make a lot more sense, they are nowhere near as cheesy as the lines in the original version. Like when Vegeta is realizing Trunks is his son from the future. After seeing the scene in KAI, his lines in the original version make him sound like a moron.

Really, I knew KAI was better in these respects but I didn't realise how much better until I watched corresponding scenes back to back. I reccommend you do that next time you see an episode of KAI on nicktoons.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Mecha Frieza is badass in KAI. The part where Future Trunks shows up has always been one of my favorite scenes.

Oh and about the blood color, I was mistaken. They don't show reddish blood on nicktoons for sure, but on the uncensored version they do change it a little. It looks a little orangish so its not exactly blood red. But you can barely tell. I was confused 'cause on certain parts they did change the color of the blood do make the effect more realistic. Like when someone gets blasted in the face originally they had a bloody face, but in KAI some of the blood was changed to black to make it look scorched.

Still I can't stress how much better the dialouge is. Just the other day I watched an episode of KAI and then went and watched the original scene on youtube. It was the scene where Piccolo beats Android 20 and Trunks shows up. For one thing the voices in the original version were horrible. Over the years Chris Sabat has gotten SOOO much better at doing the Vegeta and Piccolo voices. He has them perfected by now and thats what you hear in KAI. Second the lines have been completely rewritten and not only do they make a lot more sense, they are nowhere near as cheesy as the lines in the original version. Like when Vegeta is realizing Trunks is his son from the future. After seeing the scene in KAI, his lines in the original version make him sound like a moron.

Really, I knew KAI was better in these respects but I didn't realise how much better until I watched corresponding scenes back to back. I reccommend you do that next time you see an episode of KAI on nicktoons.

Or just watch the good uncensored version on youtube...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Or just watch the good uncensored version on youtube...

Thats what I did. I watched the KAI dub then watched the original english dub on youtube. There was no comparison. The voice acting and writing is much better in KAI. You gotta think, the voice actors and writers have been doing DBZ for years now. They do a new game just about every year. Its like they understand the characters personalities and the plot much better now and they utilize that experience in KAI.

I know I probably sound like a DBZ KAI fanatic by now so I'm gonna stop talking about it (or at least stop talking about why its so damn cool). I just don't think any DBZ fan should ignore such a great incarnation of the manga/anime because of "Dragon Soul," or Nicktoons, or changes from the original. Its just not worth missing.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats what I did. I watched the KAI dub then watched the original english dub on youtube. There was no comparison. The voice acting and writing is much better in KAI. You gotta think, the voice actors and writers have been doing DBZ for years now. They do a new game just about every year. Its like they understand the characters personalities and the plot much better now and they utilize that experience in KAI.

I know I probably sound like a DBZ KAI fanatic by now so I'm gonna stop talking about it (or at least stop talking about why its so damn cool). I just don't think any DBZ fan should ignore such a great incarnation of the manga/anime because of "Dragon Soul," or Nicktoons, or changes from the original. Its just not worth missing.

Well hey i used to be a DBZ fanatic...i also used to be a Naruto fanatic...i mean im into a lot of anime...but those are my two favoirte and i just felt they were ruined when they went to childrens networks...but if its that good then i'll check it out...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Well hey i used to be a DBZ fanatic...i also used to be a Naruto fanatic...i mean im into a lot of anime...but those are my two favoirte and i just felt they were ruined when they went to childrens networks...but if its that good then i'll check it out...

I don't mind watching DBZ on Nicktoons so much because I used to watch it on Cartoon Network all the time and I was lucky to get a few uncensored episodes on VHS tape. Actually its a little wierd for me to hear Goku and Vegeta say "damn" and "hell" so much. But it was pretty cool hearing Piccolo tell Frieza to "Shut the hell up" hahaha.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't mind watching DBZ on Nicktoons so much because I used to watch it on Cartoon Network all the time and I was lucky to get a few uncensored episodes on VHS tape. Actually its a little wierd for me to hear Goku and Vegeta say "damn" and "hell" so much. But it was pretty cool hearing Piccolo tell Frieza to "Shut the hell up" hahaha.

But back then Toonami wasnt near as censored as Disey and nicktoons now...

T-Vaccinated Kid

But back then Toonami wasnt near as censored as Disey and nicktoons now...

Thats true. It would have done way better if they had put it on Adult Swim.

Hey I just watched an interview with Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel about DBZ KAI. They basically explain everything I've been trying to tell you. Sean was super excited about KAI. The interview is about 15 minutes and in 4 parts on youtube. If it doesn't get you psyched as a DBZ fan then I don't think you will have much else to do that for you. Unless your excited about the Dragonball Evolution sequel. Yeah right. And I've kind of lost faith in the DBZ games. Budokai 3 was the best, the Tenkaichi's were fun for a while, but since then I don't think they are worth the money.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats true. It would have done way better if they had put it on Adult Swim.

Hey I just watched an interview with Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel about DBZ KAI. They basically explain everything I've been trying to tell you. Sean was super excited about KAI. The interview is about 15 minutes and in 4 parts on youtube. If it doesn't get you psyched as a DBZ fan then I don't think you will have much else to do that for you. Unless your excited about the Dragonball Evolution sequel. Yeah right. And I've kind of lost faith in the DBZ games. Budokai 3 was the best, the Tenkaichi's were fun for a while, but since then I don't think they are worth the money.

Budakai 3 was by FAR the best youre right...i also got bored of the tenkaichi games...as faor the adult swim thing, DBZ was around before Cartoon Network had adult swim...

T-Vaccinated Kid

Budakai 3 was by FAR the best youre right...i also got bored of the tenkaichi games...as faor the adult swim thing, DBZ was around before Cartoon Network had adult swim...

I know. It used to come on Toonami. I meant that KAI would have done better on Adult Swim than it does on Nicktoons.

Top Bottom