• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Game Console?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The first game I can remember playing was Excite Bike for NES sometime around 1995 or 1996. We got the console from my aunt's family after their oldest kids had grown tired of it. God I loved that game so much, and that was in 8-bit! But during that same period I saw one of my dad's friends playing the first Tomb Raider which was completely in 3D, so I was exposed to the modern era quite simultaneously.

Another factor that played a role was the fact that I was a PC gamer as a kid, and I didn't buy my very own video game console until 2004 with the PS2. On my computer I played a lot of isometric 2D games like Roller Coaster Tycoon, SimCity 3000, The Sims, etc. But I also got to play 3D games like Theme Park World, Half-Life, Rune, and the early Harry Potter games.
Oh man...The early Harry Potter games. Let's all take a moment to remember how freakin' awesome Chamber of Secrets was...

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I had the benefit if having a young Uncle and cousins who kept me in the KNOW about new games and systems. I was always in to gaming because of the influence of them. I can remember getting an N64 the Christmas it came out and being absolutely terrible at Mario 64. haha.

But what made me in to the gamer I am today? 1997. My best budy Louis (who was a British immigrant) got a gift from his Grandmother in England. She sent him a copy of FF7 and he had never heard of the game before. We tried it and played for a few hours and I thought to myself that I had to be close to the end of the game. And boy was I wrong. VERY Wrong. The following year, I borrowed the game when I got my own Playstation and played it religiously for HOURS. I didn't beat it then (I mean, I was 11) - but it gave me an itch to play MORE games with bigger and better stories. It was like a whole new world had opened up for me.

Top Bottom