• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Latest purchases thread

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I bought a cocktail at the Hard Rock Cafe, and by paying a little extra, I got to keep the glass. I didn't realise that the London Hard Rock Cafe was the original Hard Rock Cafe.

fb6lOjC.jpg

I know it's not much, but I've tried to be good with my spending lately. :lol:

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I finally ordered the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition collection on Blu-Ray. I already own each of the TCs individually on DVD, yet I gladly ponied up the extra money to get the Blu-Ray Extended Cuts, they're that damn good, especially Return of the King. I also got free shipping for 2 day delivery and a fairly respectable $60 for the entire 15 disc collection, I figured that's too damn good to pass up.

I also got Dredd 3D on Blu-Ray for super cheap $6. Pretty good value.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm in a bit of a quandary, guys. I seriously thought about picking up the OG Dawn of the Dead Blu-Ray on Amazon for a ridiculous price of close to $100 (it's an out of print Blu-Ray, so it will always be overpriced), but then I read several reviews saying the gore was cut out, WTF?

Although these were all from the UK and I read somewhere that the UK Blu Rays contain an edited US theatrical cut with the gore removed, so that kinda soothed my fears a little bit, but I'm still wary of ordering it from there for just that reason even though it's one of the only places I can still get it from being that it's OOP, even at a ridiculous price tag.

I know it may sound petty, but I don't want to spend close to $100 for a censored cut of the film. If I'm gonna overspend for an OOP Blu Ray, I want to make sure I'm getting the version I signed up for.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Added a bunch more Blu Rays to my ever-growing collection off Best Buy and Amazon:

• The Exorcist (steel book)
  • Knives Out
  • The Expendables Collection
  • Star Trek Kelvin Trilogy
  • Kingdom of Heaven: Ultimate Edition
  • Gladiator
  • Total Recall (1990)
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Interview With the Vampire
  • Fight Club
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Event Horizon
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Black Hawk Down
  • Dawn of the Dead (1978)
BTW, yes I bit the bullet and got the OG Dawn of the Dead, one of the only new copies you can still get online, and no, it's not a censored cut, YAY!

Being the avid zombie fan I am, I just had to add one of the all-time great zombie movies to my collection even at a ridiculously steep price tag being that it's OOP.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
More Blu-Rays:

• Jurassic Park
  • The Fifth Element
  • Predator
  • The Thing
  • The Hunger Games Collection
  • The Raid Collection
  • Independence Day
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition (unrated cut)
  • Doom Patrol: the Complete First Season
  • Hannibal: The Complete Series Collection

Added more 80's and 90's essentials and TV series' to a collection that's sorely lacking them. Oh and the unrated cut of The Wolverine that I hear is significantly better (uncensored swipes alone is a nice bonus, see: Logan).

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I got myself a Samsung Galaxy S20 this week. I haven't technically bought it yet as it's on contract, though. It's pretty cool but it's taking a while to get used to Samsung again after having Sony phones for five years.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My Fiancee is about to have her 30th birthday in Quarantine with me, so I have been purchasing all sorts of things to get it to feel like a big deal. We got flower delivery, cake delivery, a home improvement gift (A fancy fire pit), a personal gift (undecided as of yet), and I will be emceeing a project where all of her family and friends are submitting songs, skits, dances, and well wishes for her b-day. A little expensive, but a 30th birthday all out bash would be too I guess. haha.

BTW, did you know that there are two versions of the word fiancee based on gender? Fiancee is a woman who is engaged to be married, but fiancé is used when referring a man who is engaged to be married. Strange world.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Rather than post a huge list, I thought I'd post pics of my last few hauls:

bizuLFA.jpg

ayl7ukl.jpg

m68juMW.jpg

Also ordered a few more Blu-Rays off Amazon yesterday, the first of which came in the mail today:

• Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy
  • Ghostbusters 1984
  • The Butterfly Effect

Last edited:

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
No idea when lockdown will end here so thought screw it and bought a home recording studio set up. Got my Shure SM58 mic, boom stand, pop shield, decent xlr cables, ipad compatible audio interface, 61 key keyboard and nothing but time (inbetween homeschooling the kids).

Time to get some songs recorded properly after years of talking about it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Latest video game purchases since like March. Though, Resident Evil 3 and the steel book were actually free due to a Best Buy error which ended up screwing me out of the pre-order bonus, but the trade off was definitely worth it. Not to mention, the costumes ended up costing like 3 bucks so not bad at all.
mbx0axO.jpg

And my Batman/Ninja Turtles III arrived a while back. Can finally start reading these.
1atwFOY.jpg

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
A yellow Fortnite t-shirt for my youngest son and eneloop batteries

Rain611

You can't kill me.
My most recent purchase(s) was last night when I bought 2 copies of The Forest for PS4 so my husband and I could play it co-op. It's more fun than I thought and I like bow hunting in the game. We didn't make it very far in the little time we played but I'm happy with it so far, especially since it was on sale for $11.99.

Top Bottom