• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unpopular Opinions

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Mr.R You totally got me at RE Van Helsing.:LOL:

But seriously, I never thought about that before but you're right. I mean they did the stalker thing originally with Mr. X and Nemesis and a bit later on a smaller scale with the Ustanak. Then after they made RE7 and it was such a big hit, they changed Mr. X in the remake to be more stalkerish and now again in RE8. (Cause that is what it looks like on the demo.)

Geesh, introduce a new mechanic, will ya?

I'm not counting Nemesis in the remake because stalking was always Nemesis's MO.

Mr.R

@Mr.R You totally got me at RE Van Helsing.:LOL:

But seriously, I never thought about that before but you're right. I mean they did the stalker thing originally with Mr. X and Nemesis and a bit later on a smaller scale with the Ustanak. Then after they made RE7 and it was such a big hit, they changed Mr. X in the remake to be more stalkerish and now again in RE8. (Cause that is what it looks like on the demo.)

Geesh, introduce a new mechanic, will ya?

I'm not counting Nemesis in the remake because stalking was always Nemesis's MO.

I'll be only calling Re8 this way now. It's RE Van Helsing lol

I mean, it's not that it's bad implemented. I liked the tension Mr.X bring to RE2 Remake, even if these days I know exactly how to avoid him, but even knowing this, I caught myself walking instead of running just to avoid getting his attention, or killing enemies so they won't get in the way if I need to run. But the first time you play? Mr.X was terrifying. As for Nemesis in the RE3R...I honestly like him the way he is. I would've liked more city and more hide and seek with him, but since this is the unpopular opinions thread, I pretty much like RE3R the way it is (I wanted the game to be bigger, just because I wanted more of the fun the game brings).

I never got too much into Jack and Marguerite, and thankfully, if you know what to do, you don't spend much time being chased by any of them, at any rate, I think it's getting too much. Like you said, the series danced around a stalker every now and then, but now it looks like it became a staple of the RE Engine saga.

I want to be wrong, but those vampire ladies really look like stalker enemies that you can only stun or down for a while, sadly. Aaaaand I think the whole internet is getting way too thirst for Ms.Vampire Lady.

mert20004

I dont get why people are so obsessed with the tall woman either. I was bored rather than being excited or scared.

Honestly ı'm excited for infinite darkness more than re8.

Hardware

I never got too much into Jack and Marguerite, and thankfully, if you know what to do, you don't spend much time being chased by any of them, at any rate, I think it's getting too much. Like you said, the series danced around a stalker every now and then, but now it looks like it became a staple of the RE Engine saga.
Yeah, me neither. Jack doesn't really bother you if you know what to do and Marguerite felt more like a puzzle. Their stalker segments are quite limited too. And, also, there are no extra enemies to make things more complicated, while Mr.X actively stalks the RPD and is lured by gunshots. Although its segment is limited as well, it is more intense.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I like both styles a lot, but only one of them is dead and therefore missed, because it truly is a lost art. I know they're not exactly the same, but it's one of the reasons I actually really appreciate games like Little Nightmares and Luigi's Mansion 3. They have such unique looking perspectives into their world that just enhances the whole experience. Fixed-cameras may not be the most accessible camera option, but it's one I never had a problem with and selfishly, I do wish we could get more fixed-camera experiences, even if it's just the original games but updated to the standards REmake set.
... You've actually just blown my mind a little bit. I never thought about it this way, but you're right - Luigi's Mansion is sort of like a Nintendo-ised Resident Evil. :ROFL:

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
I truly dislike the term Bio-Organic Weapons, due to the inherent redundancy of the word “bio-organic.” To me, a better meaning behind B.O.W. was provided in the player’s guide book for RE0, where the letters of the designation stood for Biological Offensive Weapons. Not only does that make more sense, it’s also an accurate description, as B.O.W.s aren’t meant for defensive purposes, but for direct attack. Why couldn’t Capcom have gone with that term instead? Opportunity lost.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I truly dislike the term Bio-Organic Weapons, due to the inherent redundancy of the word “bio-organic.” To me, a better meaning behind B.O.W. was provided in the player’s guide book for RE0, where the letters of the designation stood for Biological Offensive Weapons. Not only does that make more sense, it’s also an accurate description, as B.O.W.s aren’t meant for defensive purposes, but for direct attack. Why couldn’t Capcom have gone with that term instead? Opportunity lost.
The Bio- and Organic parts refer to two related but different studies of chemistry, Biochemistry and Organic chemistry.
To reeeeally boil it down and not get into the nuances of each: Organic chemistry deals with structures of carbon-based life. Biochemistry is actually three branches of study, but deals with enzymes and metabolism in chemical structure. Think of it like action and reaction

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
The Bio- and Organic parts refer to two related but different studies of chemistry, Biochemistry and Organic chemistry.
To reeeeally boil it down and not get into the nuances of each: Organic chemistry deals with structures of carbon-based life. Biochemistry is actually three branches of study, but deals with enzymes and metabolism in chemical structure. Think of it like action and reaction
Still not exactly relevant for those who would be shopping in Umbrella’s inventory to understand those nuances. Biological Offensive Weapons would clearly be more understandable and still more accurate as far as their function.

windleopard

Resident Evil 4 Remake didn't really change Leon and Ada's relationship. Firstly, Leon is pretty indifferent and even somewhat annoyed by Ada in the original and almost all of their interactions. Most of the flirting is on her part, whether you think it's genuine or not is a different matter. If anything, Leon is more emotionally open with Ada in the remake of 4 as seen in the boat scene.

Leon being a pathetic, lovesick puppy who constantly chases after Ada is largely fan canon.

Top Bottom