• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
A bit of Destiny 2 although if the boys will let me, I'd like a go on Untitled Goose Game

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got back to playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 after the latest DLC drop. I unlocked Iceman in the X-Men DLC and Punisher in the Marvel Knights DLC pack. I've spent hours trying to beat the 3rd Gauntlet to unlock Blade, and man, it is f*cking hard. I got a hell of a rankup with my squad, though. And Punisher is super fun to use. The range on him is insane with his heavy gun arsenal. You gotta time/use him wisely, though in conjunction with your other characters.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've started playing Days Gone. Although it's not a truly stellar game, it's definitely enjoyable. Riding around on the motorbike is a lot of fun and it's cool to clear out camps and zombie nests. You have the choice to go in guns blazing or use stealth in most situations. I prefer the stealth option because it makes the game way tenser, especially when you're trying to throw molotovs on nests.

There's definitely been some scary moments too and lots of tension. I'm really enjoying it.

Mr.R

I've started playing Days Gone. Although it's not a truly stellar game, it's definitely enjoyable. Riding around on the motorbike is a lot of fun and it's cool to clear out camps and zombie nests. You have the choice to go in guns blazing or use stealth in most situations. I prefer the stealth option because it makes the game way tenser, especially when you're trying to throw molotovs on nests.

There's definitely been some scary moments too and lots of tension. I'm really enjoying it.

That makes two of us, @Jen ! I'm also playing Days Gone and I agree with pretty much what you've said. Altough I do like to go all guns blazin' sometimes, especially with that focused aim. It's been a fun journey so far (never thought I would like to babysit a bike so much), and I like the world they've built in, with the NERO recordings being some of my favorite part of the game's lore. I don't like Deacon St.John though. Most of the time I just want to punch him in the face.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
That makes two of us, @Jen ! I'm also playing Days Gone and I agree with pretty much what you've said. Altough I do like to go all guns blazin' sometimes, especially with that focused aim. It's been a fun journey so far (never thought I would like to babysit a bike so much), and I like the world they've built in, with the NERO recordings being some of my favorite part of the game's lore. I don't like Deacon St.John though. Most of the time I just want to punch him in the face.
Yeah, sometimes gunplay has just gotta be done. :lol: The NERO bunkers are really cool and I agree that the recordings definitely flesh out what happened when the outbreak hit. And yeah, I like the bike aspect, I'm always looking for strategic places to fill the gas tank and coasting downhill without revving to save fuel. :lol:

I'm in two minds about Deacon. There are times when he seems normal and quite likeable, but then he just goes on feverish rants about nothing sometimes and just comments way too much on everything that's happening around him. For example, there could be a nest nearby and he's like 'A warehouse, thought you'd make a cosy little home here huh?' or ranting after radio broadcasts. It's just a little irritating.

I can't wait to progress the story more though, I'm not very far into it because I get caught up in exploring!

Mr.R

Yeah, sometimes gunplay has just gotta be done. :lol: The NERO bunkers are really cool and I agree that the recordings definitely flesh out what happened when the outbreak hit. And yeah, I like the bike aspect, I'm always looking for strategic places to fill the gas tank and coasting downhill without revving to save fuel. :lol:

I'm in two minds about Deacon. There are times when he seems normal and quite likeable, but then he just goes on feverish rants about nothing sometimes and just comments way too much on everything that's happening around him. For example, there could be a nest nearby and he's like 'A warehouse, thought you'd make a cosy little home here huh?' or ranting after radio broadcasts. It's just a little irritating.

I can't wait to progress the story more though, I'm not very far into it because I get caught up in exploring!

And it's good gunplay to boot it. Reminds me a little of The Last of Us, but more frantic. Oh, and there's the hordes...it's...an experience! hahahahaha!
Monitoring fuel is also something I learned the hard way, after leaving my bike stranded in the middle of nowhere to hunt for fuel xD

Yeah, sometimes Deacon is even likeable, but most of the times he just sounds like an as*****. I think I'm a little burned out of characters that don't give a crap to anything and don't want to be a hero but ends up being one. It's being used a lot. I do like his battle comments though. It feels real, in a sense, with him gritting his teeth saying "you like that? Now you won't ambush anyone ever again", that sort of thing.

Where exactly you are on the story?

Turo602

The King of Kings
After a long hiatus from Assassin's Creed, and struggling to finish Assassin's Creed III: Liberation for about 2 years, I'm finally playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I'm really enjoying the chill nature of sailing and looting. The game still looks beautiful despite being an early cross-gen title and while I don't have a fresh recollection of the previous games aside from Liberation, I feel like they really stepped up the level design. Traversing and getting around has never felt easier and the fast travel system is a godsend. It's definitely shaping up to be one of my favorites so far. The more I play, the more I seriously wish we got a Pirates of Caribbean game like this.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Beat Saber just added 3 new Camellia songs! They're tough, as expected, so they'll keep me busy a while.

Other than that I've been playing Bloodborne with my brother, Terraria with my roommates, Minecraft with my out of state friends, and a smattering of Overwatch when I find the time.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
And it's good gunplay to boot it. Reminds me a little of The Last of Us, but more frantic. Oh, and there's the hordes...it's...an experience! hahahahaha!
Monitoring fuel is also something I learned the hard way, after leaving my bike stranded in the middle of nowhere to hunt for fuel xD

Yeah, sometimes Deacon is even likeable, but most of the times he just sounds like an as*****. I think I'm a little burned out of characters that don't give a crap to anything and don't want to be a hero but ends up being one. It's being used a lot. I do like his battle comments though. It feels real, in a sense, with him gritting his teeth saying "you like that? Now you won't ambush anyone ever again", that sort of thing.

Where exactly you are on the story?
Yeah, I definitely understand the comparison with The Last of Us, right down to the reticle being similar. I had my first experience with a horde the other day. I died. :lol: They're something else.

As for the story... I hope I don't end up spoiling for you.
Deacon has just found a radio belonging to NERO and has heard O'Brian speaking on it. I really don't think I'm very far at all, as I've been getting the historical monuments and clearing camps, etc.

Terraria with my roommates
Aww, I love Terraria. Not normally a fan of those kinds of games but I absolutely loved that one. Spend dozens of hours on it exploring and mining.

Mr.R

Yeah, I definitely understand the comparison with The Last of Us, right down to the reticle being similar. I had my first experience with a horde the other day. I died. :lol: They're something else.

As for the story... I hope I don't end up spoiling for you.
Deacon has just found a radio belonging to NERO and has heard O'Brian speaking on it. I really don't think I'm very far at all, as I've been getting the historical monuments and clearing camps, etc.

It's a cross between The Last of Us and Uncharted, altough I still think Uncharted has the more precise aim (altough it doesn't have the focus shenanigan). You had exactly the first experience with hordes that I did xD But when you manage to take one out, it feels good xD

Oh, no spoiling at all, I'm a little bit ahead of you, but not by much, I suppose.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've been playing tons of Days Gone over the last week, and oh my god, I am so hooked on this game. It's awesome! It's such a weird yet wonderful mix of a lot of different games I love.

As @Mr.R mentioned above, it does have vibes of The Last of Us as well, and yet I also get feelings of the more recent Tomb Raider games, and with it being open world there are, of course, similarities with other games in that genre.

I don't know if it's because I've recently played this that I'm noticing it so heavily but my god, the overriding feeling that I'm getting is that this game took major inspiration from Red Dead Redemption and you can totally tell. There's so many similarities between that game and this one, and yet all in a different setting. It has a similar vibe, so many mechanics and small details that are similar, and riding around long winding roads on your motorbike has the same feel as riding around on horseback.

Based on what I've played so far - and I've played a hell of a lot and I'm nowhere near done - I'd really recommend this game to anyone. It's yet another experience that's unforgettable to me just like Red Dead Redemption was. I'll post a full review when I'm done, but I just wanted to share how much I'm enjoying this experience.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am so close to the end of the original BioShock for my first time through. It is insanely fun and the twists in the story line really got me. I didn't expect anything to be up, and then suddenly - everything I knew was backwards. Nice touches. I also really like the horrifying 1950's themes. It is great to have that juxtaposition between the horrors in the game versus the classic big band music playing in the background.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I am so close to the end of the original BioShock for my first time through. It is insanely fun and the twists in the story line really got me. I didn't expect anything to be up, and then suddenly - everything I knew was backwards. Nice touches. I also really like the horrifying 1950's themes. It is great to have that juxtaposition between the horrors in the game versus the classic big band music playing in the background.
I just started the first one! I already know a major spoiler because I watched my brother play it back in the day but I'm really enjoying it so far!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Same. Thank you Playstation Plus for giving us actual quality games every now and then to explore. I plan on playing them all this year in between longer games. My next game will be Shadows of Mordor, but then I plan on destroying BioShock 2. lol

mert20004

I've been playing dmc reboot these days since it's the only dmc ı didnt play and ı bought the game on sale from steam.

As a dmc game; it honestly feels insulting to the franchise due to its weird story and characters as well as other weird things but as its own thing, it's decent, vergil's dlc kinda saved the game for me. I still enjoyed the game but due to game's weird decisions; ı dont like it at all.

I'll mostly talk about gameplay here:

I'm not a big fan of the removal of lock on; it makes combat such a chore in some areas. Not to mention some of the attacks like stinger are " Forward + forward attack " instead of " Lock on + forward attack " which doesnt feel comfortable to do. The combat system isnt as good as the ones in dmc1 / dmc3 / dmc4 / dmc5 either; it feels like the depth is removed from it when compared to those games despite some small improvements here and there. The thing that feels the most annoying to me is the angel / demon system; ı prefer weapon switching in other games instead of holding l1 / r1 to use another type of weapon. Thankfully guns arent affected by this but other melee weapons other than rebellion are and ı wasnt a fan of this. I dont like the l2 / r2 dodge system either; classic dmc dodge system is better and feels more comfortable. Colored enemies are another thing ı dont like; ı honestly dont think they should had appeared in the game.

Apparently the definitive edition improves the game but for some reason; it isnt available on pc so ı cant comment how much the game feels improved with that version.

As for vergil's dlc; ı liked vergil's combat system more than dante's; it may not have as much variety as dante's but despite that; ı found it interesting. There are some moves which is later used in dmc4 vergil's combat system which is nice. There's no lock on but rapid slash actually feels comfortable to do unlike dante's stinger and there isnt any " forward + forward " attacks thankfully. There's also no colored enemies which is another reason why ı prefer's vergil's episode over dante's. I wished it was a bit longer though; it's shorter than dante's story.

Still think dmc3 and dmc4 vergil's combat systems are better than reboot vergil's combat system though.

Story is still trash not to mention as a character; ı dislike vergil more than dante. Some of the cutscenes for some reason have this weird cartoon tone to them; why arent these normal cutscenes instead? I'll give them one prop though; it's nice that vergil doesnt go through dante's levels unlike vergil did in dmc3 and dmc4. I wished the real vergil also got this treatment.

Gonna end my thoughts by putting these links here cause ı agree with them:

( I agree with legionzero's statements. )

https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:14134

https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:14558

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I started replaying Operation Raccoon City because that bug just hit me out of the blue and I still think it's a really great game. (It could definitely benefit from a remake on the RE2 engine with some updated gameplay mechanics but I still love it.)

However last night I started replaying Resident Evil 2 Remake in preparation for the Resident Evil 3 Remake. We're a little over a month out and I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I really can't wait to see what updates they've made and, hopefully, how they've fleshed out the story without changing the core too much.

D

Deleted member 21244

I started replaying Operation Raccoon City because that bug just hit me out of the blue and I still think it's a really great game. (It could definitely benefit from a remake on the RE2 engine with some updated gameplay mechanics but I still love it.)

However last night I started replaying Resident Evil 2 Remake in preparation for the Resident Evil 3 Remake. We're a little over a month out and I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I really can't wait to see what updates they've made and, hopefully, how they've fleshed out the story without changing the core too much.
I just recently replayed it and for the first time i played the spec ops dlc, and i must say that despite all it's flaw it was a decent and entertaining game, a good spin-off... How unfortunate that the "spiritual successor" umbrella corps really sucked, it could have been decent as this game

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I just recently replayed it and for the first time i played the spec ops dlc, and i must say that despite all it's flaw it was a decent and entertaining game, a good spin-off... How unfortunate that the "spiritual successor" umbrella corps really sucked, it could have been decent as this game
I wish they had dropped Umbrella Corps or, if they did it, they had returning USS characters. That would have been nice but I never really got into it and didn't buy it because I was so mad that they just ignored Delta Team and the other Umbrella characters they had already created.

I got the feeling from gameplay that Umbrella Corps was just nameless faceless people fighting thru zombies and I just wasn't interested in that.

D

Deleted member 21244

I wish they had dropped Umbrella Corps or, if they did it, they had returning USS characters. That would have been nice but I never really got into it and didn't buy it because I was so mad that they just ignored Delta Team and the other Umbrella characters they had already created.

I got the feeling from gameplay that Umbrella Corps was just nameless faceless people fighting thru zombies and I just wasn't interested in that.
Yeah umbrella corps is really bad, can be fun sometimes, both in the end it's just an empty game, single player is non existent at all, and multiplayer was dead from the start, like you sayd, it's just random people fighting each other in resident evil environment and map

Top Bottom