• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Still never played Umbrella Corps. Maybe I'll get around to it this year. So many things to play coming up in the Spring though!

And Jak and Daxter (and Jak II and Jak III) are all SUPER underrated games. I have been itching to play a fun platformer for a while. I wish Nintendo didn't get all of the good ones in modern times!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
And Jak and Daxter (and Jak II and Jak III) are all SUPER underrated games. I have been itching to play a fun platformer for a while. I wish Nintendo didn't get all of the good ones in modern times!
I'm still holding out for a complete ground up Jak and Daxter remake, like Spyro and Crash got...

As for what I'm currently playing. Decided to start ANOTHER playthrough of REmake...It's been a year or two.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Destiny 2, just finished my first ever Pit of Heresy run and got Xenophage.

None of which will mean anything to anyone here who doesn't play the game.

If it helps, it means very little to me too...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So after finishing Resident Evil 2 Remake I started on Resident Evil 3 Nemesis to refresh myself on the story for, you guessed it, the remake on April 3rd.

Contrary to my normal Resident Evil gaming style, I immediately started on hard straight out the gate.

It's been a struggle.

Not only getting was used to tank controls and fixed cameras after playing the remake a bit of a challenge but I think Nemesis is the only Resident Evil game I never finished on hard. I remember loading it and trying to fight Nemesis every time he appears so that I could get unlimited ammo during a second playthrough but I'm the first to admit I'm not very good at handling Nemesis so that didn't turn out too well and then I lost interest and never finished the mode.

I'm excited to try and finish it but I'm not going to lie and say it's been a cake walk because it most certainly hasn't. Not for me anyway.

It was made easier however by a Nemesis tip I picked up by watching gameplay.

I never knew you didn't HAVE to confront him on the train. Once the cutscene is over you can just turn around and try to leave to trigger the next cutscene.

I gotta tell you. My mind was seriously blown after watching that and I felt so stupid for always trying to confront him in that tiny ass space for all these years.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Speaking of replaying RE3, @Magnolia Grandiflora , did you know that you can shoot the street lights to kill Nemesis and other enemies? I had NO IDEA up until stumbling across this video!

I had no freaking clue about that OR the freaking pallets when you enter that area with the elevator and the brain suckers!

And if we're getting perfectly candid here, I didn't even know they were brain suckers because I never finished the game on hard. There's only two modes on the PlayStation version of the game - easy and hard - and there's abundant enough ammo in easy that I never let them get that close to me and always took them out immediately! I never knew what they did besides move really fast and make creepy screeching noises.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
You are SERIOUSLY blowing my mind right now. I want to replay RE3 right now to take advantage of this. YIKES. How did I never know about this???

Turo602

The King of Kings
According to my save file, the last time I played God of War was April 13, 2015 at 9:47 PM. My last save was at the Flooded Passage. That was right before my PS3's disc drive stopped reading discs. Bought a used PS3 sometime last year and finally got around to doing a system transfer. Decided to start up God of War again over the weekend and I'm right back where I left off and in less time too. Hopefully this time, I get to continue. Gonna try to get through at least the first 2 games before Resident Evil 3 and then maybe jump into God of War 3 sometime after.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Recently finished RE3 Nemesis but with an A rank for the first time ever. All it took was a different gunpowder strategy than what I had been doing previously and I was finally able to get my time down enough to do it.

@UniqTeas If you thought that last video was a doozy, wait until you see this secret scene that I just found out about!

I tell you I feel like, the closer the remake gets, the more I learn something new about this game that I've probably played a million times!

D

Deleted member 21244

Recently finished RE3 Nemesis but with an A rank for the first time ever. All it took was a different gunpowder strategy than what I had been doing previously and I was finally able to get my time down enough to do it.

@UniqTeas If you thought that last video was a doozy, wait until you see this secret scene that I just found out about!

I tell you I feel like, the closer the remake gets, the more I learn something new about this game that I've probably played a million times!
You know that i saw this video just yesterday? My YouTube home pupped it up, it was something totally new for me

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That is kind of amazing. How many secrets do these old games have??? Who thought that playing the game in a worse way would open up so much more content. haha

mert20004

I've been replaying dmc games these days so that ı can forget the garbage dmc reboot as quickly as possible.

Played dmc5 today.

Awebb

Still never played Umbrella Corps. Maybe I'll get around to it this year.

I've recently bought it on Steam for a 4 bucks or so and played some of the single player. The game is mechanically not the worst I've played, but the multiplayer is unfortunately completely dead. I lurked all the lobbies for an hour each. I knew the game had a bad rep, but this is extreme.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Finished God of War a lot sooner than expected. I started up the second and already I'm noticing a wealth of improvements. A lot better than the first so far, which I thought was just okay.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I finished Shadow of War last night which was pretty fun.

This weekend, I will be starting Star Ocean First Departure R and hopefully beating it before April 3rd. haha

Turo602

The King of Kings
I started playing Shadow of the Colossus today for the first time. Went straight for hard difficulty and so far have beaten 2 colossi. It seems a cool, albeit simple game so far but the controls are godawful.

Are you playing the PS4 version? If so, in what way are the controls awful? I bought the game on a whim a while back and haven't gotten to it, but that doesn't sound very promising.

Top Bottom