• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Leaving/Returning Thread

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
Nosophoros;83628 said:
Holy shiz, there's a lot of new users on the forum these days.

It looks like I'll have some catching up to do.

start here:D
note 2 romero: "Is this better?"not tryin 2 b a smartass...this time

Hauge

The Norwegian Dude
Guess who's back,,,back again,,, Hauge is back,,, tell a friend!
Whoo, sorry for not beeing here for a while. Been crazy with my final exames and stuff. And now I'm working on a ship in the Northsea :) Awesome.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and such, and I'll promiss to get back in the game again as soon as I can.

Best regards to all,
Hauge.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hi Hauge, welcome back! I remember you mentioned studying to become a sailor (or whatever the proper term is). Wasn't it so?

Hauge

The Norwegian Dude
Romero;84471 said:
Hi Hauge, welcome back! I remember you mentioned studying to become a sailor (or whatever the proper term is). Wasn't it so?

Thx! Well Maritime Engineer actually, but yeah sailor :p It's fantastic to start working again. I see we've upgraded the site since I last logged on. Nice :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hauge;84478 said:
Thx! Well Maritime Engineer actually, but yeah sailor :p It's fantastic to start working again. I see we've upgraded the site since I last logged on. Nice :p
Engineer it was! Nowadays ships are powered my motors and not wind, I need to use more modern terms. :p

We've had many small changes, and many small sums up to alot. What changes do you notice? The only one I can think of right now is the removal of gamer tags.

Hauge

The Norwegian Dude
Romero;84480 said:

Engineer it was! Nowadays ships are powered my motors and not wind, I need to use more modern terms. :p

We've had many small changes, and many small sums up to alot. What changes do you notice? The only one I can think of right now is the removal of gamer tags.

Haha true true, man it's so impressive how things work out here. High-tec stuff. Noticed the groups in the main forum has been renamed and it's seems much simpler to find the correct sub-forum :) Hah, didn't notice that one. Any reasons why?

Hauge

The Norwegian Dude
FalleN;84499 said:
You've returned the right time Hauge!

This place was going to.. sink! ;) :p

Hahah, I prob not going to be "activ" before a few days. Bad weather in the area, so the internett is allmost useless. :dry: Anyways, have a great weekend yall :cool:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hauge;84482 said:
Noticed the groups in the main forum has been renamed and it's seems much simpler to find the correct sub-forum :) Hah, didn't notice that one. Any reasons why?
I have noticed that :p , but I just can't say when it happened. But it must have been while you were not here, obviously.

Our webmaster shows up maybe two-three times a month (sometimes more often, sometimes less often), does some maintenance and makes some changes and then quietly leaves...

Mr Sunshine

Romero;84511 said:
Our webmaster shows up maybe two-three times a month (sometimes more often, sometimes less often), does some maintenance and makes some changes and then quietly leaves...

To say the truth, I feel a bit sad about the fact that our administrators don't post here as much as they do in the Fable or DMC forums but I guess we can't ask for more since they have all these forums to look after.

Hauge

The Norwegian Dude
Romero;84511 said:

I have noticed that :p , but I just can't say when it happened. But it must have been while you were not here, obviously.

Yeah I guess, well I like the new stuff. Lol, yeah the shadow people of the forums ^_^

FalleN;84513 said:
To say the truth, I feel a bit sad about the fact that our administrators don't post here as much as they do in the Fable or DMC forums but I guess we can't ask for more since they have all these forums to look after.

True that. It seems that they have a lot on they're plate when it comes to taking care of the forums.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
They have got kids and work too, and I'm pretty sure they don't have too much free time on their hands.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
FalleN;84513 said:

Romero;84515 said:
They have got kids and work too, and I'm pretty sure they don't have too much free time on their hands.
Well Steve is actually a VERY shy guy - and he spends almost 16 hours a day working on more than 8 sites, tweaking, re-coding, fixing, updating and other terminally boring things. I see more of the back of his head than anything else :lol: To keep the forums as awesome as they are, aside from what you fantastic people do by posting and signing up, Steve has to work pretty damn hard. His average working day is 10am to 2am, so you get some idea of how it works ;)

For myself, I lurk more than posting largely because I have too much to do with my son always on the move now he can crawl...plus our internet is currently being crap and we might have to change providers if it carries on. I'm also very aware that La Femme Fatale and Romero are so damn good at their jobs here, both Steve and I are more decoration than anything else :lol: - there's very little only admins can do that super mods can't. Plus, I'll be frank - I've never played DMC and I've only played RE5 once through, so my knowledge on either subject is severely limited :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Angel;84519 said:
Well Steve is actually a VERY shy guy - and he spends almost 16 hours a day working on more than 8 sites, tweaking, re-coding, fixing, updating and other terminally boring things. I see more of the back of his head than anything else :lol: To keep the forums as awesome as they are, aside from what you fantastic people do by posting and signing up, Steve has to work pretty damn hard. His average working day is 10am to 2am, so you get some idea of how it works ;)
Oh my gosh! :eek: So that is what it takes to run a handful of sites. I knew it takes alot of work, but not that much. Almost 16 hours a day - no point in asking what's his main occupation lol.

I'm also very aware that La Femme Fatale and Romero are so damn good at their jobs here, both Steve and I are more decoration than anything else :lol: - there's very little only admins can do that super mods can't. Plus, I'll be frank - I've never played DMC and I've only played RE5 once through, so my knowledge on either subject is severely limited :)
Thank you so very much :blush: , but frankly I've not done much to deserve this praise. But La Femme on the other hand, has proven herself awesome over a long period of time.

Admin powers is not needed everyday, but this community is nevertheless missing you guys.

Mr Sunshine

Oh, I didn't know that someone could make profit from a forum nor that it could be his job! How foolish of me! :pinch:

I feel a little bit cheated now.. oh, life is full of surprises!

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
The forums ARE his job. This is Steve's employment which is why he works so hard at it. He doesn't have to put in the hours he does, but it benefits everyone if he does and plus he absolutely loves it. He'd never call it work, but it pays the bills, puts food on the table and keeps a roof over our heads - to me, it's a job :lol:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
FalleN;84522 said:
Oh, I didn't know that someone could make profit from a forum nor that it could be his job! How foolish of me! :pinch:

I feel a little bit cheated now.. oh, life is full of surprises!
:lol:
Some forums have lots of ads but I've never seen one here, not even when I'm logged out. That could of course be thanks to my "tampering" :p with my HOSTS file (amongst other things I do to combat ads), but I actually thinks this forum has less ads than many other forums out there. Nice. :)
So maybe it's all my bribing that makes most of the income. :ninja:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Hauge;84468 said:
Guess who's back,,,back again,,, Hauge is back,,, tell a friend!
Whoo, sorry for not beeing here for a while. Been crazy with my final exames and stuff. And now I'm working on a ship in the Northsea :) Awesome.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and such, and I'll promiss to get back in the game again as soon as I can.

Best regards to all,
Hauge.

Hauge!! Welcome back hun :D

Top Bottom