• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Uhm, Kennedy Killer - that is the perfect response. If she can't see that, that is on her.

Here is why:

1) Demonstrates your knowledge of history about a charming guy.
2) Shows your willingness to say Electric Boogaloo in any sentence. That's what I look for in a conversation.
3) It is absolutely hilarious.
4) Demonstrates your willingness to be luring her in. You are prepping her for the long con. Perfect.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
The media is just a total disgrace these days. Honestly, it's like they were trying to encourage a shooting by constantly talking about it. It's obvious some people are approaching this film with an agenda in mind because the more they talk about it, the more evident it is they never saw the film. It is far from being the most violent film or from even encouraging people to be like Joker as the film doesn't even treat him like a hero, and if that's their takeaway, then I think that says more about them than the film.

I'm just glad it all backfired though since more than anything, they just helped the film make as much money as it's making with the constant free advertising and the stigma they created around the film which is only gonna make more people curious about it and see what all the fart is about. Guess they got what they deserve.

Exactly, Franklin Murray, the talk show host literally calls him awful FFS, yet the media wants to play up this narrative about how the movie "normalizes" murder. It's funny, I don't remember hearing this much oucry about how the Saw movies "glorify" violence or Hannibal encourages cannibalism when those movies came out. The Saw movies literally feature a murderer (and yes, Jigsaw IS a murderer) who puts people in disgusting traps where they're forced to badly mutilate themselves or die in extremely disgusting ways in order to "appreciate" life, which is a lot more "on the nose" than a mentally ill guy snapping and killing people after suffering abuse, yet not a single peep was made about how those movies "normalize" or "condone" murder from these people.

The outrage mob is so selective about what they get p!ssed about, and the best part about it is, it usually blows up in their face.

The movie was fantastic BTW, I saw it opening night.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Exactly, Franklin Murray, the talk show host literally calls him awful FFS, yet the media wants to play up this narrative about how the movie "normalizes" murder. It's funny, I don't remember hearing this much oucry about how the Saw movies "glorify" violence or Hannibal encourages cannibalism when those movies came out. The Saw movies literally feature a murderer (and yes, Jigsaw IS a murderer) who puts people in disgusting traps where they're forced to badly mutilate themselves or die in extremely disgusting ways in order to "appreciate" life, which is a lot more "on the nose" than a mentally ill guy snapping and killing people after suffering abuse, yet not a single peep was made about how those movies "normalize" or "condone" murder from these people.

The outrage mob is so selective about what they get p!ssed about, and the best part about it is, it usually blows up in their face.

The movie was fantastic BTW, I saw it opening night.
It's not that they're "Selective," so much so as they see an avenue to push an agenda.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
It's not that they're "Selective," so much so as they see an avenue to push an agenda.

Luckily, it backfired: $96 mil OW, baybay.

Seriously, this movie IS disturbing and brutal as hell, and many will argue it's a better movie for it, same with Logan and Deadpool. If these people were expecting lighthearted fare from a Joker origin movie, I believe it says more about them than it does this movie or the makers of this movie.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Sorry for the double post, but Joker is STILL smashing box office records, making $55 mil in its second weekend for a remarkable 42.8% drop and it's already made $544 mil WW.

At the rate it's going, it could surpass Deadpool and maybe even crack $1 bil, and be the first R-rated film to do so (although Matrix Reloaded would have adjusted for inflation back in 2003).

Good, hopefully now Blumhouse will grow some balls and let Todd McFarlane make his Spawn reboot R-rated like he wants. And part of the reason for the holdup IS because Blumhouse wants a PG-13 Spawn movie, which is like trying to make a kid-friendly Pulp Fiction: it's just not gonna happen. If they seriously try to make another PG-13 Spawn movie, they're idiots, simple as that.

Maybe now that Joker is doing mad money while being (hard) R (and with various theaters posting signs saying it's not for kids to boot), they'll wise up and let it happen. I thought we were past this when Logan and Deadpool proved you can make gritty comic book movies that stay true to the source material and still make a hefty profit while also being genuine crowd pleasers, but nope, apparently not. Hopefully NOW, they'll get the message and let the Spawn reboot be R like we all know it has to be.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Thanks for the good wishes guys. I'm a little nervous. This is my first IT interview as I am still in school. I would love nothing more than to get out of boring old grocery store work though.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm so excited. I have an interview Thursday for a tech support job at my local community college.
Knock 'em dead! If i Were to give your interview skills a grade you'd get a...C++
XD

CT: Saw the new Jay and Silent Bob Reboot at a sneak premier last night, and it was, as expected, hilarious. That said...I didn't expect it to be so effing heart-warming and tear inducing, from a series that's normally dick and weed jokes. All in all I was very pleasantly surprised that my boy Kevin Smith has still go it.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well I'm back from my interview. I have to make it through 3 interviews before I get the job and I won't know if I made it through the first round for a week or two. I feel pretty good about it though. The interviewee before me was wearing casual clothes (I wore a suit), and another candidate didn't know what a terminal was. So.... Yea. Here's hoping I make it through 2 more interviews.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well I'm back from my interview. I have to make it through 3 interviews before I get the job and I won't know if I made it through the first round for a week or two. I feel pretty good about it though. The interviewee before me was wearing casual clothes (I wore a suit), and another candidate didn't know what a terminal was. So.... Yea. Here's hoping I make it through 2 more interviews.

Nice! I hope you hear back soon and get the job!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Pumped for Zombieland 2 tonight. I love me some good ol' zombie blood-splattering fun, especially with Woody Harrelson. It's about 8 years too late for the sequel, but better late than never.

Even better, I get to spend one of my only Fridays off of work on one of my fave pastimes. :biggrin:

source.gif

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I'm so tired of Brexit. The Brits voted to leave, if they now can't agree on the deal... please Brussels give them a friendly boot in the butt and kick them out.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have honestly lost track of where Brexit is. It has been going on for so long and is just kind of stuck in the weeds.

I have enjoyed a lot of the Boris Johnson jokes I have recently seen though. So, that's a win.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I have no idea what's going on with Brexit.

I think I stopped caring about a year ago...

Currently thinking that if the drummer to my right doesn't stop tapping I'm going to go psycho and destroy everything in the room

Top Bottom