• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
So we're talking Christmas leave already where I work. (Actually, I say already, but Christmas is actually only two months away! 2019 has flown by).

We've been asked what days we'd like off and have been given the two week window that covers before Christmas and just after new year.

Is it incredibly cheeky that I've asked for all of this time off when nobody else has? :razz:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
So we're talking Christmas leave already where I work. (Actually, I say already, but Christmas is actually only two months away! 2019 has flown by).

We've been asked what days we'd like off and have been given the two week window that covers before Christmas and just after new year.

Is it incredibly cheeky that I've asked for all of this time off when nobody else has? :razz:

You do you, girly! You gotta enjoy life.

I managed to get the first week off in December, everything else is booked up between now and that time. Oh well I’ll take what I can, it’s finals and I’ll be enjoying my staycation after classes end.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I work for my parents at our tea company, so I MOSTLY get to decide my own schedule. I would never abuse this power because it would cause the other workers to not take me and my role seriously. So, I am going to work as much of December as I can so the guys in the warehouse can take some days off.

And good luck and good vibes to those with muscle pain (1995UMK and Rain)!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's my Monday, but honestly, I'm a ok with that. This was one of those weekends that felt just right. It didn't feel too short, but also was a nice mix of fun and adulting. All in all, I'm glad I'm back at work.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I work for my parents at our tea company, so I MOSTLY get to decide my own schedule. I would never abuse this power because it would cause the other workers to not take me and my role seriously. So, I am going to work as much of December as I can so the guys in the warehouse can take some days off.

And good luck and good vibes to those with muscle pain (1995UMK and Rain)!
Ah, your username makes perfect sense now. :biggrin:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Uniq Teas is no longer a thing. It was the brand attached to our larger company, The Caraway Tea Company.

You can buy two pounds from us if you want. The quality is quite high. But we mostly excel at private labeling tea for larger companies. For instance, if Walgreens wanted their own tea - we would produce Walgreens Tea for them with their label and everything. Minimum order is 50 pounds of tea. Tell your friends? haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Uniq Teas is no longer a thing. It was the brand attached to our larger company, The Caraway Tea Company.

You can buy two pounds from us if you want. The quality is quite high. But we mostly excel at private labeling tea for larger companies. For instance, if Walgreens wanted their own tea - we would produce Walgreens Tea for them with their label and everything. Minimum order is 50 pounds of tea. Tell your friends? haha

Maybe because my brain is fried from school or because I'm tired but this post confuses me heh.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
50lbs of tea is a heck of a lot of tea...as an English person, I'm almost ashamed to admit that.

Currently I am thinking about how exactly one would define a hate crime. So far, all I've seen is people getting their feelings hurt...there must be a strong police presence at every playground and preschool on that basis

Rain611

You can't kill me.
50lbs of tea is a heck of a lot of tea...as an English person, I'm almost ashamed to admit that.

Currently I am thinking about how exactly one would define a hate crime. So far, all I've seen is people getting their feelings hurt...there must be a strong police presence at every playground and preschool on that basis

If I had to define 'hate crime', I would have to say something along the lines of an assault or other violent crime that has motivations that are clearly driven by the victim's race, sex, political affiliation, etc of said person. For example an easy one would be if someone from the Klan kills an African American because they are African or if I Neo Nazi assaults a Jewish person. I don't believe that hate crimes are always this straight forward, but they were the most obvious examples off the top of my head.

As far as hurting someone's feelings? That's not a crime last time I checked, so by default it can't be a hate crime. Either it would be bullying or maybe kids being kids - it's hard to tell in the 'snowflake' generation.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
50 lbs. is the minimum run we must do on our machines to make a decent profit when you calculate out the base cost of the ingredients, time it takes to run the machine, and the time it takes to adequately clean a FUSO machine.

Most of our customers run 100-200 lb. runs and then we package the sachets in to their tins or pouches or whatever. For instance, for a specific hotel chain - when you wake up and there is coffee or tea in your room, we supply the individually wrapped tea sachets.

Additionally, here is the Dictionary.com entry for hate crime: a crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other grounds.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
See that's how I'd define a hate crime - there needs to be definable hatred involved COMBINED with a genuine criminal act, not just a disagreement or difference of opinion - or even a harsh word. But I'm seeing too many people cry hate crime when really it's just some opposition. The world is going stark staring mad...

You know, I've never thought about how supermarkets get their own-brand tea. I mean, obviously it has to come from somewhere but it never occurred to me from where. With this mentality, it's just as well I was born in the latter part of the 20th century...I'd be dead by now through sheer ignorance :lol:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
See that's how I'd define a hate crime - there needs to be definable hatred involved COMBINED with a genuine criminal act, not just a disagreement or difference of opinion - or even a harsh word. But I'm seeing too many people cry hate crime when really it's just some opposition. The world is going stark staring mad...

You know, I've never thought about how supermarkets get their own-brand tea. I mean, obviously it has to come from somewhere but it never occurred to me from where. With this mentality, it's just as well I was born in the latter part of the 20th century...I'd be dead by now through sheer ignorance :lol:
We're seeing that more and more here in the states too. Folks having verbal disagreements over things like politics, morals, ideologies, etc. etc., and claiming one side or the other is racist, homophobic, sexist, whatever, just for believing something different, without wanting to have a dialogue about WHY they believe what they believe. I'd say 9/10 we actually agree more than we disagree, but people are so hyper focused on the negative, they'll dehumanize people who they probably mostly agree with, because we aren't taught the value of conversation with those we disagree with.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I assume you all have heard about the stunt woman who lost her arm and half her face on the set of the last Resident Evil film (The Final Chapter), right? She filed a lawsuit earlier this year because none of the production companies would compensate her for her serious life-altering injuries she suffered from an ill-prepared and poorly-managed film production set that, need I remind you, also killed another crew member. Well, guess what? Paul W.S. Anderson is now trying to get that lawsuit thrown out.

Wow, what a piece of sh!t. Garbage human AND garbage director/writer. I hope he loses.

Like we needed any more reason to loathe PWSA.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I assume you all have heard about the stunt woman who lost her arm and half her face on the set of the last Resident Evil film (The Final Chapter), right? She filed a lawsuit earlier this year because none of the production companies would compensate her for her serious life-altering injuries she suffered from an ill-prepared and poorly-managed film production set that, need I remind you, also killed another crew member. Well, guess what? Paul W.S. Anderson is now trying to get that lawsuit thrown out.

Wow, what a piece of sh!t. Garbage human AND garbage director/writer. I hope he loses.

Like we needed any more reason to loathe PWSA.
Sorry Pauly...I guess time to FACE the music. She's taking you for all she's worth...Don't think she's coming...UnARMED. Ha.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

May we have 50 pounds of Resident Evil tea please? :smile:

If I had to define 'hate crime', I would have to say something along the lines of an assault or other violent crime that has motivations that are clearly driven by the victim's race, sex, political affiliation, etc of said person. For example an easy one would be if someone from the Klan kills an African American because they are African or if I Neo Nazi assaults a Jewish person. I don't believe that hate crimes are always this straight forward, but they were the most obvious examples off the top of my head.
Imagine this: I have a neighbor and I hate him because he's a bad neighbor (runs lawnmower at 6 on Sunday mornings and other annoying things). One day I get enough and go over and break his jaw.
Would I or should I be prosecuted for hate crime? I'm almost sure I would not be charged with hate crime because that neighbor is a straight white male. But I could only beat him up so badly if I hated him.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
May we have 50 pounds of Resident Evil tea please? :smile:

Imagine this: I have a neighbor and I hate him because he's a bad neighbor (runs lawnmower at 6 on Sunday mornings and other annoying things). One day I get enough and go over and break his jaw.
Would I or should I be prosecuted for hate crime? I'm almost sure I would not be charged with hate crime because that neighbor is a straight white male. But I could only beat him up so badly if I hated him.

It probably wouldn't be classified as a hate crime.

Top Bottom