• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I've finally decided to start cooking more. I've always been so bad at it, that it's been a deterrent. But I'll never successfully eat healthy if I can't cook. So I've cooked a couple of small, but easy meals, and honestly? It's been great. I'm glad I'm doing it. It'll probably be cheaper and healthier than eating out every night as well...

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've finally decided to start cooking more. I've always been so bad at it, that it's been a deterrent. But I'll never successfully eat healthy if I can't cook. So I've cooked a couple of small, but easy meals, and honestly? It's been great. I'm glad I'm doing it. It'll probably be cheaper and healthier than eating out every night as well...

I don't think microwaving food and slapping together a sandwich is considered cooking, dude. :lol:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love to cook. My fiance is better at it than I am, but we switch off every night. I'd say we're still eating out 2-3 times a week, but cooking is cheaper and healthier.

Once you really get in to it and start having your own signature recipes, it gets fun. When Julia (my missus) asks me to make my famous Asian Cauliflower Rice or my Poggle Creamed Corn, I always get excited before I tell her no. Or yes. Depends on the day. She is a vegetarian, so she never asks me to make meat. She cooks it for me though!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I love to cook. My fiance is better at it than I am, but we switch off every night. I'd say we're still eating out 2-3 times a week, but cooking is cheaper and healthier.

Once you really get in to it and start having your own signature recipes, it gets fun. When Julia (my missus) asks me to make my famous Asian Cauliflower Rice or my Poggle Creamed Corn, I always get excited before I tell her no. Or yes. Depends on the day. She is a vegetarian, so she never asks me to make meat. She cooks it for me though!
I can see that. It always starts off fun for me...then jumps to disappointment when I realize my cooking is progressing about as successfully as Resident Evil 6 lol

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I went through a Culinary program in Job Corps and I absolutely loved it. I don't like cooking for the public but I like cooking for my husband because it makes me feel like I'm doing my part to take care of my family. I don't know it just feels satisfying. I also taught my husband how to cook so we cook pretty evenly depending on who is off on what days and who has a harder day at work when we both work.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I went through a Culinary program in Job Corps and I absolutely loved it. I don't like cooking for the public but I like cooking for my husband because it makes me feel like I'm doing my part to take care of my family. I don't know it just feels satisfying. I also taught my husband how to cook so we cook pretty evenly depending on who is off on what days and who has a harder day at work when we both work.
All these cooking with your spouse stories are adorable. My ex-wife hated when I cooked. She went to school for it, so she wanted to always do it lol. It seems fun that you guys can do them together.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Seems too insignificant to talk about, but I'm pretty happy with the fact that I got a new mattress (its a full size memory foam), a new desk chair (nice solid wood and it spins) and I'm getting new shoes (vans, checkered, slip ons). This past month has been super stressful for me, and I've been trying to enjoy the little things when they come.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
All these cooking with your spouse stories are adorable. My ex-wife hated when I cooked. She went to school for it, so she wanted to always do it lol. It seems fun that you guys can do them together.
I spend most of my time telling Steve to get out of my kitchen. Because he's just...there. In the way. And we have a small space for me to burn things in so I need every available surface for inedible things to rest on/put the flames out.

Steve has an uncanny ability to stand precisely where I need him not to be and then when I move him, he goes straight to the very next place I need him not to be. I get very stressed when I'm cooking and there are people in the same room - it's why I can't handle baking with the kids. I end up getting exasperated and just taking over.

And then burning it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I spend most of my time telling Steve to get out of my kitchen. Because he's just...there. In the way. And we have a small space for me to burn things in so I need every available surface for inedible things to rest on/put the flames out.

Steve has an uncanny ability to stand precisely where I need him not to be and then when I move him, he goes straight to the very next place I need him not to be. I get very stressed when I'm cooking and there are people in the same room - it's why I can't handle baking with the kids. I end up getting exasperated and just taking over.

And then burning it.
I relate to this so much XD. I love it!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I could have had a big PS3 game haul today. But I'm an achievement whore and would have ended up re-buying them all on XBOX. And so, I had to say "No".
unknown.png
So I limited myself to Uncharted 2 because it's an exclusive, and from what I understand, purdy gud

Turo602

The King of Kings
I could have had a big PS3 game haul today. But I'm an achievement whore and would have ended up re-buying them all on XBOX. And so, I had to say "No".
unknown.png
So I limited myself to Uncharted 2 because it's an exclusive, and from what I understand, purdy gud

I actually have a great story about a recent PS3 pick up, being Deadly Premonition. It's been on my list of games to get for a while and it's something I always look out for at retro gaming shops.

So I hit up a couple of stores last week with my brother, not looking for anything particular, just grabbing what I can get for cheap and picked up a few games I've been wanting. So while on my way to the second shop, Deadly Premonition comes up in conversation somehow, which prompts me to look it up and see how rare and expensive it has become.

I came across gold cartridge versions of both Zelda 1 and 2 on NES and they were going for a little less than the other store, so I had decided if I don't find anything, I'll pick those games up for 50 bucks. Ended up finding a couple of games for 9 dollars, so I decided to get the Zelda games anyway.

But as I'm ready to checkout, I see Deadly Premonition on PS3 just sitting on the counter buried by a couple of other games. It must have been a fresh trade, so I grab it, make sure the artwork, manual, and disc are all there and in great shape. I show my brother and I ask the guy how much is it going for, and he says 45, to which I proceed to put it down and say nevermind. So then he asks me how much would I pay for it. Keeping in mind I'm already spending quite some cash and not exactly looking to pick up anything else for the day, I say 20. My brother chimes in and says at least 25, and I'm like sure, I can do 25. And the guy makes a face and says he can do 40 and that he's gotta make some sort of profit off of it because he got it for a little over 20. So, as I'm struggling to decide how to go about all this, he says the lowest he can go is 38. It was still a bit much for me at the moment, so I tell the guy I'm good because I'm already spending quite a lot on the Zelda games, just to make it clear to him that I'm not gonna buy anything else at a high price, since I apparently made the mistake of showing interest in a product that he's now trying to get me to buy so badly.

But I must have f*cking Jedi Mind Tricked the guy, because out of nowhere, he says "I'm sorry, I know it's weird that it sounds like I'm negotiating, but how does 30 sound," and he'll throw in one of the games I was getting for 5 dollars for free. I had no f*cking idea what just happened, but I couldn't say no to that. He even ended up replacing the busted box for me which I was gonna do anyway, since I got some extra cases, but now I get to hold on to them for future pick ups. Must have been my day. He completely talked the price down all by himself. :lol:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
People are throwing a fit because they new DLC character in Dragon Ball FighterZ is another version of Goku...Why is this an issue? Guys…It’s a technical fighter first, and a Dragon Ball Game second. So what matters is the playstyle. Does each Goku play completely different from one another, with totally different sets of combos, and varying stats? If that’s the case (Which it is), then it’s doing its job right. On top of that…It’s DLC. Meaning it’s something people pay extra for. Your laymen, who isn’t a Dragon Ball Fan, but a fan of fighting games, (People like Max Dood), are gonna go by brand recognition next after gameplay. So another Goku makes sense. Even for straight up Dragon Ball fans, like myself, it makes sense to have him be DLC because of all the hype. This is Goku’s final form up to this point in the canon after all. You’d be leaving money on the TABLE if you weren’t giving fans a chance to play as him. I just don't get the gripe that "It's another Goku." He still looks different. And plays different. Why is this a gripe??

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Pretty sure I have a pinched nerve in my neck. My spine and everything to the right side of it down to my mid back has very sharp pains almost all the time. Been doing stretches but it's still pretty bad :(

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Dragon Ball Fighterz is the most ridiculous money waster in current gaming. In order to have every character in the game including the base game, you'd have to pay like $100 dollars or more. Why not just make a game with all of the characters and not overcharge your fans? I am over paying extra for DLC... especially at those incredibly high rates.

DB Fighterz is an amazing technical fighter though. They made a great game. Too bad they don't care about ethical values.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Dragon Ball Fighterz is the most ridiculous money waster in current gaming. In order to have every character in the game including the base game, you'd have to pay like $100 dollars or more. Why not just make a game with all of the characters and not overcharge your fans? I am over paying extra for DLC... especially at those incredibly high rates.

DB Fighterz is an amazing technical fighter though. They made a great game. Too bad they don't care about ethical values.
To be fair, that's kind of all games nowadays. We've sacrificed "Unlockables" for DLC, and we as consumers have pretty much made it a ok because we keep buying them. Almost all of Fallout 4's DLC was absolutely pointless as DLC, and should have been part of the main game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I suppose you are right. DLC can add so much to a game, but don't make me pay for it. Nominal fee, sure. But $20, $30? That's part of the cost of the game! Yikers.

Top Bottom